AGNC: Chapter 2 |Beneath it all

"Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warm feeling inside."- Unknown

(JD in MM)

Chapter 2: Cassandra

"Aye thanks, I'ma call ya'll later." I said while climbing out of Tyrone's car. I collected my purse on my arm and pulled up pants.

"Aight boo." Nova said scrolling through her MySpace. I closed the passenger side door and the window rolled down. Tyrone leaned over the seat towards me. "Aye, call me when you done with homework, we can hang out or something."

I nodded my head but remembered he planned for company to come over. "Wait, what about Vanessa?"

He grinned widely "What, you jealous?" I rolled my eyes and mimicked his smile. If there was one thing I could say about Tyrone was that he was a charmer.

"Boy boo. It ain't even like that." I mumbled.

"Mhm, She won't be there that long anyways. Besides mom's been asking bout you. She wanna know if you eatin." He said with humor. I smiled. His mom was the sweetest woman to walk this earth. She would tell me every time she seen me, 'Cassy, you need more meat on them bones! You must be hungry.' She would crack me up and of course she'll pull out leftovers and put so much on my plate, I would think thanksgiving came early. But she was caring and sweet. She was really like a second mom.

"Aight then, I'll call you." I tapped his car door and turned around heading for the front of the house. I pulled my keys out my purse, heading inside.

I strolled into the living room, slamming the door behind me and spotted the bottle of Hennessy and little baggies full of weed on the coffee table. "Ma!" I called out throughout the house. I tossed my bag on the couch and headed for the kitchen. For some reason I was really thirsty and my mouth was starting to water for a can of Pepsi.

Bopping to a tune in my head, I opened the fridge door to a nothing but disappointment. I stopped moving and my face dropped as I looked at the empty box of Pepsi at the bottom shelf of the fridge. This morning I knew I had at least five left. I was the only in the house that bought soda.

"Ma! What happened to my soda?!" I yelled this time. I stood up closing the fridge door and sitting right there to the left of me on the counter was a half smoked blunt and load and behold, a can of empty Pepsi.

"What the hell?" I mumbled to myself. Right off the back I knew it was JD, my mom's boyfriend.

"Fucking JD." I mumbled to myself throwing the can in the trash.

"What was that?" I almost jumped out of my skin at his deep voice. I really didn't want to turn around but I knew if I didn't respond he would jumped down my throat about that. "And what's with all that damn yellin'. We sleep upstairs girl." He rubbed the sleep from his eyes, blinking a few times with a deep scowl. For a man to be forty-five, he wasn't bad looking. He was tall, well-built man with a low fade, connected to his side burns and chin hair into a nice cut. He also had dark brown eyes and big lips. Looks wise, he was actually a better looking Denzel but if it wasn't for what he did for a living I could probably give him an ounce of respect.

"Damn, Mr. Miles. You drank all my Pepsi." I said with a pout. I leaned against the counter as he leaned against the island that sat in the middle of the kitchen. For a house in our area, it was actually really nice. With the money JD was bringing in, he was able to renovate most of the house while keeping the outside dingy. My mom always fussed about the paint chipping on the outside of the house but JD always said it was a way to keep other people from looking in. If all they saw was a jacked up house on the outside, they wouldn't bother to care for what was on the inside.