Chapter 1 - Still Fresh (Part 2)

I was sitting in my first lesson when the unthinkable happened. Something I knew that would haunt my dreams for weeks to come. Something so unbearable, I wouldnt even wish it on my worst enemy...not even Reece...

'Today we have a student, who if I'm not correct, is new'

'We're all new Miss Biggs'

'I mean new to the education system. Miss Bianca Bryans, would you like to come forward'

Yup you guessed it...I got called up. Just my luck.

I groaned silently to myself and sent a silent prayer up to God, asking for his guidance OUT of this situation, as I walked up to the interactive white board, I turned around and my eyes, unfortunately, landed on the dirty smile that was plastered on the lil brat's face. Reece sat at the back smiling at me, leaning back in his chair with his arms crossed. My eyes narrowed at him as he gestured for me to start speaking and at that particular moment the urge to jump over the front tables and elbow him in his left eye was immense.

'Bianca, why don't you tell us where you're from?' I looked at Miss Biggs. She looked young, and I assumed she wasn't trying to make my life a misery by the gentle look in her eyes and the warm smile she had on her face. Her blonde hair was tied back in a tight ballerina bun, and she had on clothes that made her look older than her actual age. However like I stated before, she didn't look like she was trying to put me on the spot, so I gave her a small nod.

'Where I'm from, is a -'

'JAMAICA!!!' shouted a girl in the middle row. Loads of people started making a lot of noise then, saying stuff like, 'All day everyday' and 'Zoop, Zoop'. I looked around and desperately wished that Jade or Kieran were in my class, but all I had was Reece, who was having a loud discussion with a boy about repping St Lucia from day - see...no help whatsoever.

'Class! Please let her finish!' said Miss Biggs. After a few moments the classroom was once again full of silence, as expectant eyes look at me, waiting.

'Carry on Bianca' said Miss Biggs, giving me her warm and welcoming smile again. Again I gave her a small nod before turning back to the class.

'I'm from Grand Turk'

'Is that in Turkey?!' shouted the boy next to Reece. Reece started sniggering immediately, making me feel even more uncomfortable. I felt my skin get prickly and all of a sudden I felt myself get hot, from the pressure of being put under the spot. I shook my head and looked down at the ground, wishing the floor below would just swallow me whole right then and there.

'Noooo she sounds Carribean' said another girl shaking her head and then looking at me closely, as if I was a rare creature. I felt my stomach twist and turn. I really didnt feel well.

'Yes it is' I said quietly. My hands started shaking slightly so I held them together in front of me, wringing each wrist. I looked up and saw Reece looking at me with a weird expression on his face. I then saw his mouth move, but I didn't quite catch it, as the shouting had started once again in the classroom. I gave him a confused look and saw that he mouthed 'Are you okay'. I felt my eyes start to sting giving me early signs that tears were soon on their way. I shook my head slightly.

'SO WHERE YOU FROM THEN?!' shouted one boy, who was clearly irritated and bored with the constant debate. I looked at him and saw his face screwed up. He looked disgusted. He was disgusted with me. My appearence. My accent. No one like me. They were all shouting. I was such an alien.

'Bubbles' 

I looked up at Reece who was standing up and looking at me with a look of concern on his face.