Chapter 14 - The Twin Knows

I sat in the library by myself, trying to figure out how to end mine and Sophie's speech for our presentation when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Kieran looking at me, watching the way my pen was moving on the paper. My whole body froze and I jumped back a little. It was weird that he went to the same college as me, but I always tried my best to avoid him, and up until now - it was working.

'Bubbles -'

'Don't call me that!' I hissed quietly, looking around briefly when the Librarian shushed us. I turned round uncomfortably and started packing up my stuff, throwing them into my tanned back and grabbing my cardigan, before storming quietly yet briskly out of the library, hearing his footsteps walking fast behind me. I walked out into the empty corridor and turned right, heading to the common room where everyone was. The sooner I get to Reece the better.

'Bianca!' Kieran shouted, grabbing my wrist just before I reached the common room doors. I snatched my arm away from his and back up against the wall, cradling my arm. Kieran looked at me, standing there for a while - not saying a thing.

'Listen, I'm sorry' he said once a couple of first year college students had walked past us. I didn't look at him, and kept my eyes on the ground and on my cute studded tanned ballet pumps. I didn't need to look at him and I didn't want to.

'Don't touch me again' I managed to get out. I heard him sigh and I looked up to see his face etched with self pity.

'I'm - I'm sorry! I'm a fucking mess right now Bianca! I haven't slept since...since that night. I feel so bad and I have no appetite and -'

'Are you being serious?' I questioned, my anger taking over what ever was left of me being anxious and scared. This guy had the nerve to stand there and talk about how bad HE has been feeling, when I'm the one that suffered the most?

'You are a sick person Kieran' I spat after he nodded his head in answer to my question, 'do you honestly think I give two flying shits about how you feel?'

'How about we think about how I felt when you decided you'd fucking rape me' I whispered violently coming closer, my bravery rising as I spoke. 'How about we think about how sick and depressed and suicidal  I felt when I got told by some fucking strangers in a hospital I wouldn't be able to have children because of what YOU did! I don't care if you were starving and dehydrated and trying to survive in the fucking desert, you are  DEAD to me, and if the Lord is my saviour - which I know he is - I hope you ROT IN HELL!' I spat, emphasising the last point. I turned on my heels and began to walk away from the common room, when I saw  Kadeem standing there, outside one of his classroom's, looking at me and then looking at Kieran with a look of disbelief. I stood there frozen - how much did he hear?

Kadeem stopped looking at me, his face twisted in an unrecognisable emotion that I had never seen come over someone as calm as Kadeem, and he looked up at Kieran, his face twisting and forming into something demented and scary.

'Fucking pussy'ole!' He shouted, making his way up to Kieran. I quickly ran up to Kadeem and pushed him back with all my might, trying my best to stop him from getting to Kieran.

'Stop, please!' I screamed

'I'll fucking KILL HIM!' he shouted, bringing the attention of our head of year Mr Grey, who came running up to Kadeem, helping me pull him away. Once we pulled him into a corner, I turned round and saw that Kieran had gone and I shook my head in disgust. Pussy.

'Right that's enough!' said Mr Grey sternly, looking flustered and bright red from dragging Kadeem back, 'you need to calm down! What lessons have you got?' he asked, addressing both of us.

'Free period' I answered for both of us as I watched Kadeem stare menacingly at the spot where Kieran was just 2 minutes ago.

'Okay well do you both mind going outside in the Quad. It will give you time to calm down, and not go near Kieran' said Mr Grey handing Kadeem back his bag. Kadeem snatched it out of his hand and walked off and out to the quad, with Mr Grey calling after him about his attitude. I thanked and apologised to Mr Grey and ran after Kadeem, into the cool spring breeze.