Chapter 24 - Promise Me

I sat up as I watched Reece singing along to Pony by ginuwine, moving his waist and whining into thin air, making me chuckle. The loud knock on his bedroom door had him turning the music down before his mum, Cecelia walked in, looking at us both with an amused smile on her face.

‘Ever since you lot came back down, you’ve been stuck up in this room’ she said, pointing at both of us. Reece shrugged his shoulders and flopped down on his bed next to me, dragging me and placing kisses all over my face making me blush,

‘I like spending time with my lady’ he said once he finished. His mums sly smile grew into a big one, unable to mask her happiness that me and Reece were together. We had been together for around 4 months now almost 5 and it had honestly been one of the best few months of my life. I was constantly happy and although its weird to say, it was down to Reece – he always managed to put a smile on my face; yeah we had our arguments, but they were never serious and they never lasted long enough for one of us to get in a mood. All in all it had been good couple of months. With Jade and Jaden living together with Auntie Joy and me now going out with Reece, I had moved in with my mum and her fiancé Phillip into their big mansion that was in the other end of the area we lived in. I had been doing my driving lessons for a while and was currently waiting to book my test, but Reece came and picked me up almost every day, taking me back to his to chill. We hadn’t had sex yet, which I could tell was becoming draining for Reece, but he never forced me, continuously making it his job to find new and different ways to pleasure me, without making me flinch involuntarily. We had all been back home from uni for a couple of weeks, once all our exams or deadlines were done; luckily for me I had no exams, so I moved into Reece’s room at his uni for a couple of weeks, helping him/forcing him to revise.

‘Well I would like to spend time with my son and future daughter in law, thank you’ she said pointing at us both. I giggled and pushed Reece away from me and standing up,

‘We’re coming down’

‘Good, I’ll put a movie on or something’ she said before walking out of his room shutting the door behind her. As soon as the door closed I heard the bed creak and soon felt his strong hands snake around my waist and to my stomach pulling me towards him, my back touching his well-defined stomach. I leaned my head back and hugged his arms as he decorated the side of my face with kisses. I inhaled his scent and turned around, a small smile on my face as I looked at him, his beautiful eyes so intense it made me weak. I pecked his lips with my own and smiled at him.

‘You coming to Jadens’ barbecue?’ he asked, his thumb tracing lazily on the bottom of my back, sending multiple shivers up my spine,

‘Yeah, Jade wants me to come, they’re meant to be moving into his house next month as well’

‘Cool, you spoken to Kadeem?’ he asked, I shook my head and he sighed, kissing me on my forehead,

‘It’s cool he’ll come around’ he said, smiling sympathetically down at me. Kadeem and I haven’t spoken almost at all since the last time I was up at Reece’s. I had tried to ask Akeem but even I knew when I was asking him it was pointless.  Akeem had tried to get him to speak to me but it never worked, and he came back with the same response;

‘He said he’s cool and he’ll talk to you later tonight’. I didn’t know what to do with Kadeem, it felt weird from him going to my bestfriend to someone that no longer wanted to speak to me. What exactly did I do?

‘Come lets go’ I said, moving away from him. Reece’s grip tightened on me,

‘Wait’ he said pulling me towards him, placing a light kiss on my lips, making me want to reach up and deepen the kiss, but I didn’t and let our lips separate as they longed for another delicate touch.