Chapter 8 - Meaningless Love

A/N:  I haven't proof read this so sorry for any grammatical/spelling errors. Enjoy! x

'Kieran'

I pushed open his bedroom door and was invited into the cool breeze that was being generated from his fan on the side of his desk. His room was a cool mint colour with a cream carpet and duvet, with wooden chest of drawers, wardrobe and side tables and had the faint smell of mango's drifting around his room. His room oosed out ease and calm - something I use to think Kieran was, but now I wasn't so sure. I looked around quickly and spotted him on his bed, looking up at the ceiling, his face expressionless. I walked in, making sure I kicked off my converse before entering and put my side satchel down before sitting on his desk chair.

'Who let you in?' he said without taking his eyes off the ceiling.

'Your mum. Look Kieran we need to talk' I said shifting uncomfortably in my chair.

'About what'

'Yesterday. Yesterday wasn't cool Kieran'

'There's nothing to say about yesterday. I done what I had to do - saw you and Reece flirting so I had to fix that'

'We weren't flirting, and you said you weren't coming' I said in my desperate attempt to get him to see sense. I didn't want to anger him, because I knew we would never come to a resolution with us screaming at one another.  I just wanted him to see sense and for him to see that I don't - can't - be with him anymore if he keeps acting like I'm his property. Kieran finally tore his eyes of the ceiling and looked at me and shrugged his shoulders.

'Say what you gotta say init. Then get out'

I looked at him in disbelief, then shook my head letting out an irritated and fed up sigh.

'You know what this is pointless. I can't talk to you when you're acting like this' I said getting up and making my way to the door.

'Nah' said Kieran getting up suddenly, scaring me a little bit. He walked towards me slowly his eyes fixed on mine, 'you said you wanted to talk - so talk'

'Fine' I said moving around him and looking out the open window, 'you can't act like this Kieran'

'Act like what?'

'This!' I said turning around and gesturing to him, as he stood in a defensive position, 'You can't keep  jumping on every single guy I talk to just because I'm your girlfriend, and you can't keep fighting Reece! Not after what he's done for me'

'And what has he done for you exactly?!'

'He saved my life!!'

'He's the one that put your life in danger in the first place Bianca! For fuck sake, are you that simple? What because he jumped in front of a gun for you that makes him fucking superman?'

'Err yeah'

'Then you're actually dumb'

'How does that make me dumb? I'm just grateful, that's all!'

'Bianca' he said rubbing his temples, I guess in his own attempt of trying to calm himself down, ' did you ever think why them man knew who you were?'

I stood there not saying anything. I didn't really like to speak about the three guys that tried to kill me and ever since the accident we haven't heard anything about them or from them so we all tried our best to act like they never existed. I think the thing that's bothering us all is the fact that they do exist and the police never found them - so they're still out there, who knows where, but it's scary to think of them on the streets - they might be right outside the house now waiting for me to be alone. Suddenly I felt paranoid and a sense of foreboding doom came over me as I subconsciously held onto myself.