Chapter 2: Hello Stranger

"Have you ever wondered how many people you come across in this life? And how many actually are able to capture your attention? Well, is it because you've met them at the realms of the souls before even you were born in this world? There's a familiarity, there's a similarity, so distinct from the others. You might not understand it at first but eventually everything would make sense."

The light burning sensation I felt in my eyes and the blurriness due to the moisture made me close my eyes for some rest as I drank some water from my bottle. I decided to take a break of ten seconds but then again went against it and opened my eyes and glanced at my watch and my gasp followed the action.

FIFTEEN MINUTES AND TWO WHOLE THEORY QUESTIONS TO ATTEND!

I immediately grabbed my pen and started with the excruciatingly long and detailed answers and heard the invigilator say something but to be honest I didn't even pay a tad bit of attention to her or anything in my surroundings.

I felt a wave of relief when I penned down the last line of the last question and as soon as I finished it, I straightened my back and finally looked up.

The students were still writing and I sighed in relief.

I was obviously on time.

I checked the time again and I had a minute to spar so I checked whether I've missed any questions or not and thankfully, I didn't.

Soon the bell went off and students submitted their answer sheets while some were asking for  extra minutes or two.

I moved out of my class waiting for my friends near the end of the long corridor.

We had separate seating arrangements for the test and well all my friends had someone or the other with them in the same classroom while I was left with no one.

Yeah, my university loves to separate me from my friends during tests and examinations. Nothing new in that.

I sighed and was about to pull my phone out when I suddenly felt a sack of potatoes fall onto my shoulders.

"ARIIIAAAA! HOW WAS THE TEST?", Tanya screamed as  she got off my back and now it was my turn to jump on her.

"DON'T ASK ME HOW IT WAS, BE HAPPY THAT IT'S OVER!"

"Eww girls go get a room!", Ruhaan commented as he made a face and both Tanya and I showed him the finger.

Qaes came in with Ziyad and informed us that the rest will meet us in the campus garden.

We all nodded and started walking down the stairs. Tanya and Ruhaan walked ahead together, Qaes walked behind them as he called his fiancee while me and Ziyad walked together in the end.

"Soooo, how was your test?", Ziyad asked and I smiled at him gratefully.

"Thankyouuu so much, Zee! It was good Alhumdulillah. But not gonna lie, it drained me. But yeah, thankyou for the end minute revisions. I owe you one!", I genuinely thanked him and he grinned.

"No need to thank me, Aria. I gave the last minute revision classes to you all just like you give us for Marketing and advertising. Also, you were the one with least doubts.", Ziyad winked and I laughed.

We walked towards our friends talking about random stuff and decided to order something from the cafeteria only.

"Aria, what was the emergency meeting at your aunt's place? If you don't mind me asking?", Anisha asked and I smiled.

"Shutup Anisha! Of course I mind! How dare you? Go away!", I said dramatically and she rolled her eyes.

"I share everything with you all. It's just we all were busy with this test that's why never got the chance to inform ya. So basically, my elder aunts  and the rest of the family wants my other aunt, who is the youngest amongst them to get married."