Chapter 33: The moon knows that we are in love

"Because my soul has absorbed your fragrance, I cherish it." ~ Rumi

The huge building towered her, the shadow it formed covered everything around her.

She checked her reflection on the door and again adjusted her hair as she nervously walked in.

She was nervous, but she was ecstatic as well.

Confidence was running in her blood stream, an urge to make everything right was now unbearable.

She felt there was no more time to be wasted, no more time to wait.

"Hello. Good evening. Can you guide me to Mr. Rizz's office?", Aria addressed the receptionist who was a middle aged lady who already had a big smile on her face seeing her.

She held her hand and smiled as she spoke.

"Oh! Finally, I got to see you in person! Aria!"

Aria was confused but right now her focus was all fixated on Rizz.

The receptionist guided her towards Rizz's office and as Aria entered, she saw a very concentrated Rizz tangled in a bunch of papers.

"Mrs. Sidana, everything good? I guess there are no meetings for today, is it? Do we have a visitor outside?", Rizz questioned, his head still down and his eyes still on the papers as he jotted some notes in concentration.

Aria gestured Mrs.Sidana to keep quiet and the lady obliged as she made her way out of the cabin silently.

Aria noticed two frames on Rizz's desk, one only had a picture of hers which was a candid where she was engrossed in a book. Other frame had a picture of Rizz and Aria from the party at Rizz's house back in India when all his cousins came to visit them.

These pictures were wholesome, the thought behind those pictures wholesome too.

"What is it Mrs. S-", Rizz stopped as he finally looked up to find his girl in front of him.

"Mrs. Rizz Malik. And yeah I have an important work, Sir.", Aria spoke in a processional tone.

Rizz smiled, as his eyes still held a bit of confusion but he was totally loving what was going on.

"Yes?"

"Want to go out?", Aria questioned Rizz.

"Now?", he questioned back.

"Yes. My date."

..........

Reverie.... this is what that felt like to Rizz. And his only wish was it to be true and if not true, then this daydream better not be an ephemeral one.

Aria on the other hand was oozing with radiance and glee, something that she was missing for a very long time.

Even though they were married, Aria was never too shy around Rizz but right now, she was just looking at him when he was looking away.

But little did she know, he noticed everything.

He teased her as she looked at him and he would look back and wouldn't stop until she had her cheeks crimson.

"Where are you taking me after almost abducting me from my office?", Rizz questioned as he drove his car on Aria's command.

"Keep on driving. Or no fries for you.", she commanded as she pointed towards the large bag of takeaway food which they just picked.

Their banter went on for a long time as they reached a small lakeside. It was decorated with some lights and there were some other people too but it wasn't crowded.

"My friend said some group of people who were interested in space and stuff were gathering here to see a celestial event. I thought it would be nice enough to come here and annoy you since I didn't know much pretty places to take you to.", Aria explained as she sheepishly smiled.

"So this is actually a date.", Rizz confirmed as he ran his hand through his hair.

"How do you feel about getting yourself a date with me, Aria? Me, a really smart, good looking funny guy from whom people can't take their eyes off.", Rizz boasted to tease Aria a bit more which earned him a light slap on his arm.

"Oh please! No one's even noticing you.", as soon as she said that she heard some girls say something about Rizz being 'cute' and 'hot' and that's when Aria did what she wanted to do that whole day.

She fully turned towards Rizz, held his shirt's collar and pulled him towards her.

And as they finally let themselves immerse in each other, the fireworks started. As if everything around them was celebrating their union.

When they finally parted, their cheeks flushed, their heartbeats almost too audible, they just stared at each other.

Rizz had Aria and Aria had Rizz.

It was like nothing else mattered.

The thread of fate is the thing that binds two souls together. They might wander, but in the end, they meet where they are supposed to meet.

Rizz and Aria were broken in their own way but they knew the other one had hands that were made to be held, had lips that were made to be kissed, had a heart that was made to be loved, had a soul that was meant to be dived into.

They had their foreheads resting on each other's,  as they held each other close. They knew the road was long.... but now they had each other.

"Aria...", Rizz breathed as he saw Aria's face through his eyelashes and opened his eyes to get a more clearer view of the moon of his life.

"I always saw myself as a lone soul. In search of something that was unattainable. Until I met you. You were the answer to everything... the questions I didn't even know I had. You weren't just flesh and blood, soul and heart to me. You were the light that broke into the walls of my darkness, the elixir that filled up the cracks of my soul. You made me find my way back to God. You were a blessing that He sent me to find him, an anchor to save me from my ownself. You are what I want in this world and the hereafter. Aria, I-"

Before he could complete, Rizz's phone rang and this was the number only close family and friend's had.

He ignored it, but it started again and Aria chuckled as she gestured him to receive it.

"Hello? Yes... she is my wife. Why?", Rizz conversed and Aria stared confused.

She saw the seriousness rising in the air as time passed and Rizz ended the call.

Aria instantly knew something was wrong.

"Rizz... what is it? What happened?"

Rizz sighed as he looked at her.

"It was from the hospital. Kabeer had an accident. A bad one. His chances of survival are very slim and the time he gained his consciousness, he has been asking for you. We have to go."

And that's when Aria felt that maybe all the good things that happened now was jinxed.

In an instant.