Chapter 15: Hurricane Lady

"The silences inside you are more deafening than the piercing screaming of the world.
Stop seeking for peace anywhere else but instead look for it within you.
Sometimes its okay to feel vulnerable, you're just a human with a fragile soul.
But this fragile soul of yours is strong, my love. Stronger than everything you've been through.
So get up, and smile. But before that, heal."

The silence was worrying Naila. It was. But the smile, the fake enthusiasm Rizz was showing worried her more.

"Naila, you're just overthinking! You should be relieved that Rizz is finally healing.", Yahya said to his sister, gauging her face that had lines of worry on her face.

"He isn't healing. You can clearly see that he is forcing himself to act like this and this isn't healthy.", Naila argued making her younger brother sigh in annoyance.

"So what do you want him to do then? You want him to sulk about someone who doesn't even has the idea of his feelings? Forget her, even he, himself doesn't know about his feelings! Atleast he is trying to get over it.", Yahya argued back, his voice slightly rising as he got up from his seat.

Naila gestured him to keep his voice down as she checked her bedroom door, making sure it was closed and that no one heard Yahya.

She then spoke again.

"That's the problem Yahya. Rizz has shut himself and his feelings from everyone since Sahiba aunty passed away. He used to smile after her also but we all know it wasn't genuine. When he came here and met Aria, we finally got to see the real Rizz, the Rizz we knew. But this sudden news has affected him and he is again shutting himself in this dark place where no one can see his true self. This time, the hurt in his eyes is more deep and the damage more devastating."

..............

The dark and cold room was haunting, the silence was making him numb. And this numbness was something he preferred over the ache he had been experiencing from the past week.

Rizz pushed his body to straighten his back on the headboard of his bed but groaned as he felt the excruciating burning sensation on his knuckles and arms.

He examined his hand in the dim light which was making its way through the floating curtains and he winced as he saw the swelling of the knuckles, all maroon and blue. He also noticed the skin slightly chapped,  revealing a bit of his flesh from his fingers. The courtesy of this damage goes to the aggressive workout session he had been doing from the past few days.

Sighing, he got up and washed his hands and face, then proceeded to fetch the first aid kit his father had made him to pack before they came to India.

Rizz thought how much his life has changed in this past one and a half month, but he definitely couldn't figure out whether the change was good or not.

Bandaging his wound up, he did some of his pending work, letting his work distract him but the distraction only lasted for an hour when he heard a knock on his door.

"Yahya?", Rizz called out and he knew he was right when his door creaked open.

Yahya peered his head through the doorway, his face ecstatic and his tone laced with urgency.

"She is coming. The hurricane lady. She is coming."

......................

When Aria left her house this morning to do some urgent paperwork her mother asked her to do in a government office that was located in a less busy part of the city, she didn't expect to see herself in this situation she was into right now.