18

F

(We already know the outcome of John's fight, right? I don't need to write that down, right? And by the way, sorry for the delay, I was being dragged around by people, sad face)

John's POV

...

"ANGER ME ONE MORE TIME ARLO AND YOU'RE DONE"

...

I get off the train, people staring at me for one reason and one reason only, the blood that tattered my clothing, I sigh of relief once I got off... I open up my phone checking what Seraphina had said earlier since... She was right...

"John I mean it!"

"Please be careful!

"I don't want you to get hurt"

"JOHN READ THIS PLEASE!"

...

"..."

I'll just respond with that for now...

She's too suspicious...

She... Texted me on the exact time period that... Arlo betrayed me... Could this have been planned...? To get me to trust her by her warning me from a potential betrayal? Or was this coincidental... 

It can't possibly be coincidental...

She got my phone number...

Texted me WHILE we were on the train...

AND has been treating me with kindness so far... Like Arlo...

Could this all have been planned..? 

...

Damn this is going to be one hell of a bitch to handle... How will I get healed? I don't want to get blood on my bed! And that bitch Elaine would never heal me too!

...

I'll figure something out... I'm going to go to the infirmary early tomorrow too...

The next day, Seraphina's POV

I started to stretch, just waking up, I do the usual routine having the same gut feeling that I had last time...

Last time... When I had that gut I texted John an uneasy feeling like Arlo was going to strike soon... He didn't respond really well...

I grab my phone looking through my notifications seeing John had sent me a message...

"..."

What does that mean? 

I sigh staring into the still opened messaging app up deep in thought considering if I should respond...

I really shouldn't... I look at the time to see it was really early! Why didn't I look at the time before getting ready! Stupid! 

I walk early to school, the tender silence filling the air, the clear sky, the perfect weather all contributing to making that feeling dissipate... it's calmer you could say yet you could also call it an unsettling silence.

...

After a few minutes, I lean against the gate wall before allowing myself to slowly descend to the ground.

I sigh before looking at the time again... 7:09... Damn, I woke up way too early, School starts at 8:30! 

(I arrive to school like 1 minute before the bell rings, I'm not joking so I wouldn't know how early people get to school, you never know since some people are insane!)

I lean my head against the wall trying to at least catch up slightly in sleep...

...

I jolt up feeling a presence around me... Damn it my passive ability is way too good, improved reflexes... Was that my passive? 

I look around to see a bloodied up man walk into the school... I look at his facial features seeing him freeze in his spot as he stares at me... Did I activate my ability... I recheck myself seeing my ability was in fact... Not on... I refocus back onto him...

Wait...

Is that...

John...?

I stand up quickly running over to him. "JOHN?!" He took initiative seeing me run at him and started sprinting away from me.

What...

"He played me."

Arlo.

"He would stab me in the back."

Arlo.

"They beat me, and told me to act my level."

Arlo.

What did you do?!

I'll look for him later but for now, I need to get to John!

...

Actually... Maybe it'll be easier to wait later in the day... After he recovers from his injuries...

Yeah, that'll work... Patience may be the one that helps me win this rematch with time!

...

...

...

I lay against the roof waiting for school to end, I luckily haven't see Arlo for now since the right choice would to probably avoid him before I encounter John and see if Arlo actually did SOMETHING... He probably did and I'm just wasting time... But...

Was John lying...?

I don't know who John is right now but I can at least keep a persona of him... Right...? If he's acting like this it'll be easy to at least make him think that's who he really is... Wait a minute...

 Why haven't I asked headmaster that I know about John, or maybe even Isen?!

I can tell Headmaster that I'm from the future and ask about John!

... No that's stupid... No one would believe me... Evie was a special case though...

RING

RING

RING

Ah, it's my time! I jump to my feet before quickly going down to the gate as quickly as possible to try and encounter John not letting him get out of the school before I see him...

People attempt to create a path for me to run through in fear of me but I was simply going to quick, to fast for most of them to notice.

At the last minute, I see John just leaving the gate.

PERFECT I JUST MADE IT!

"JOHN! CAN WE TALK?!" I yell out running towards him, he turns around seeing me, his eyes widen.

"Seraphina." He speaks in a low voice, his eyes darken...

(I wonder why I suddenly got tired when I started writing this... Probably because it's 4 AM, anyways sorry for not making a chapter for like a week, this time  I don't really have an excuse other than... Well me being lazy and was being dragged by people, but thank you for reading! Please vote it motivates me :3 973 Words)