16.

(Btw I'll tell you now when we get to the halfway point of the story! Which is in Chapter 19, I'll take a little hiatus to catch up on things and read Manga, but don't worry I'm not going to stop trying to finish the story! I'll finish it if it's the last thing I do! Btw the delay was from me getting addicted to Manga and Anime and binged for a while;-;)

John's POV

I sped walked turning a corner, not paying attention to where I was going cramming since mid-terms were just around the corner, suddenly a hand were placed in front of me stopping my walk, the hand that was placed in front of me felt more like a jab to me, I look up to see a blonde there.

"Ah, Arlo!" I said happily looking at him...

Now that I think about it, I've probably been an annoyance to him... I should try and pay him back somehow! 

...Maybe I'll take him to Woaba Boba! But then again... That girl might be there, Seraphina. Eh, it won't be a problem. Deep in thought, I didn't realize Arlo had walked past me until I snapped out of it, I looked around trying to find him to see him a few feet behind me.

"Hey, Arlo! Am I able to repay you for being so nice to be going to Woaba Boba!" 

He paused where he stood not taking another step before turning dramatic like smirking devilishly. "I have things to do after school but you can come if you want," He said crossing his arms.

Out of pure instinct and trust, I accepted "Sure!" I said happily knowing that I at least have some way to repay him. 

We quickly went on our way, shortly after the bell had rung and it was time... For hell...

Seraphina's POV

I sat on the roof laying against the fence bored out of my mind.

What do I do...? I got no one to play against... I sigh, I'm so tired of being lonely that I'm tempted to telling John or Evie I'm from the future... 

Maybe... I can use Evie as... A test...? Or some sort...? On how someone would react to hearing this before I tell John at least...? But it just feels wrong... Going through cripple like has and will severely change me, and I don't want to be like the people who bullied me... And this... It just feels like I'm using people...

Am I...? One of them...? 

Who... am I...?

I take a long stare at my hands as if there was something wrong with them.

...Am I someone using people or am I... Friendly...? are my actions... Justified? Am I using people, am I just making up a friendship with me and John on a whim... 

For all this time I've been acting on impulse, not knowing the world around me just looking for some sort of adventure, to curious how it'd be like to be a cripple... And I got a taste of it and now I suddenly know how this world really works...

It's so... Different...? Odd...?

Acting on impulse, huh... This entire time I've never questioned my motives but now I can see in perspective and it's so damning.

Who the hell am I?! 

Hearing the jitter of a knob I snap out of thought and look towards the door scaring me slightly from the sudden opening.

I look up to see Evie?! 

Evie comes onto the roof with a tray of food.

Again I would've never really expected this but it's welcomed!

"Evie?" I called out to her trying to put on a friendly face to try and seem welcoming at least...

Maybe... I can tell her...? 

She smiled! She smiled!!

Happiness fills me from that smile, giving me energy to return the smile.

She sits beside me... If it's going to be anytime it's going to be now...

My energy dissipates as I stare at my legs quickly just thinking of what a reaction could be... Now... Or never... "Hey, Evie... Can I tell you something...?" She turns over to me cheeseburger in hand tilting her head and swallowed. "Yeah... What is it Seraphina...?" 

It's really weird not being called Sera for like 2 weeks... 

"Evie can you tell no one of this...?" I said, my dull eyes staring into hers... She seemed to have tensed... What could she have thought this was about...?

"Y-Yeah...?" She added quickly as she quickens her eating... 

Now or never... No matter what, someone was going to figure this out... Whether it was Arlo or... Someone else... But no matter what... I can at least try and establish some sort of trust... Evie would know I trust her... But then again I'm using this to know how John would react if I ever told him... 

"Evie... I'm from the future..." I said.

(Damn I'm 3 days overdue! And I've got school tomorrow! I didn't plan on making it a cliffhanger but I need to go to sleep because if not now I won't wake up from my alarms! Thank you for reading! Please vote it motivates me :3 867 Words)