Chapter Nine

I woke the next morning with a raging headache and awful stomach pains. Great. Must be that time of the month again.

I turned and looked beside me but was met with an empty bed.

It's not what you think. Riley's voice popped in to my head. I had some Alpha business to see too.

Oh. Well I guess that's better than me thinking he'd left me for someone.

Standing up from the bed I sighed, running a hand through my hair. He didn't even have the decency to leave me a note. But that's when I saw something on the dresser.

I walked over to it and furrowed my eyebrows. A folded piece of paper lay on the dresser and I could just about make out someone's handwriting inside.

Good morning, beautiful, I read aloud, I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you woke, but I have some very important business to sort out.
Hope you can forgive me,
Riley, x

I smiled to myself as I felt a light blush appear on my cheeks. I guess I shouldn't think all bad about him.

I walked back in to my room quietly in case I woke Sapphire up but when I walked in to the room it was empty. She must have woke earlier and went to find her parents.

It amazes me really, how a little girl like Saph has parents who are the Alpha and Luna yet she acts completely normal. Any other little girl, heck even me, would be bragging about something like that to everyone.

After just standing around in my room doing nothing I decided I should probably find some clothes for the day. I still need to go shopping to buy some clothes but I'd rather not go myself and as everyone is so busy at the moment I'm unable to actually go. So for the time being Riley's sister had taken some clothes from her closet and put them in my own which had been put in Riley's room. Her style was quite bold. Everything was either really bright and out there or short. But I guess I could pull them off? I'm just hoping that because of how skinny I am they will actually fit me instead of just completely falling off my hips.

I continued to rake through the amount of clothing that Naomi, Riley's sister, had put in my closet and I grinned widely when my eyes landed on a pair of skin tight, leather trousers and a galaxy jumper. I found a pair of glasses sat up on a shelf and put them on, obviously they were fake but they looked like they would go well with the outfit. I took the glasses off, grabbed the jumper and trousers, hung them over my arm then grabbed some underwear and a bra and went in to the bathroom to shower.

.

I walked back in to the bedroom feeling nice and refreshed. A towel was wrapped around my hair to keep it from dripping on the jumper. I continued to dry my hair while I was walking over to the bed and mentally screamed when I saw a figure standing over at the window, my heart beating a million times a minute.

"What the fuck," I yelled at Payton as he stood over at the window with a sly smirk on his face, "you almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Exactly the reaction I was hoping for," He joked and walked over to the bed and sat down, "you almost ready?"

I rolled my eyes, put the towel on the bed and walked over to the dresser to find a hairbrush. Since I've been here, Naomi has helped me girl out Riley's room a little - much to his distaste - and like her clothes, has let me borrow a load of stuff. I told her that when I go shopping I will buy everything I need and give hers back or re-buy her the items but she said it was fine and I didn't need to worry, so I guess I wasn't going to.

"Why?" I turned around to face him while brushing out my damp hair.

"We're going shopping!" he grinned.

"What?" I laughed and got the hair dryer out.

"Alpha Riley is going to be busy all day so he sent me to watch over you. So, we're going shopping. I know you need some new clothes."

I plugged the hair dryer in to the socket by the mirror, "he does know that I'm not a little kid, right? I don't need someone to look after me."

"Okay, I may have lied there a little." he admitted. "I offered to watch over you. Thought we could get to know each other a little more, you know?"

"Oh." I mumbled. "Well that's different."

"Yeah, so finish getting ready." he stood from the bed and walked over to the door, "I'll meet you downstairs."

I nodded and watched him walk out. I switched the hair dryer on and dried my hair. Just as I'd finished that, Nelly's annoying voice popped up.

He likes you.

No he doesn't, I shook my head even though no-ones there, and brushed my hair so that there were no knots. He has a mate.

How do you know that? Have you seen her? Has he mentioned her?

I checked myself over in the mirror and walked out of the bedroom. How do you know it's a girl? He could like boys.

He's not gay. I've spoken to his wolf, Dante.

I rolled my eyes and blocked out our connection. I walked down the stairs and saw Payton waiting for me by the door.

"Ready," I smiled and hopped off the last step, grabbing a pair of shoes that Naomi had let me borrow and slipped them on my feet.

He looked up a me and smiled, his eyes glistening, making my heart flutter.

Even if he does like you, you have a mate. So stop being attracted to him. Nelly scolded.

I thought I muted you. I growled and she whined, covering her ears with her paws.

"You okay?" Payton looked oddly at me.

I nodded and walked to the door, "just my wolf."

He made an 'o' shape with his mouth and nodded. "Does she feel uncomfortable being around me? Seeing as you already have a mate...?" His face dropped slightly.

"No, no," I laughed and opened the door. I'd assumed we were walking seeing as the little town was just outside of the territory. "She said your wolf and herself are friends actually."

He thought for a minute as he followed me out of the pack house, closing the door behind him. "Now that you mention it, Dante did mention something about a new wolf he'd been talking too. ." He was silent for a few moments as we walked through the forest. "Nelly?"

"That's the one," I giggled and looked at my surroundings. When I was running through this territory I never had the chance to actually realise what a beautiful place it was. Surrounding the pack house was a massive open space bordered by trees that I assumed they used for training and possibly shifting for the younger members of the pack.

"So, the towns just out side of the territory?" I looked up at Payton and found that he was already looking down at me, his eyes black with something I couldn't figure out. "Payton?"

He simply shook his head, a smirk on his lips, "Dante." He corrected me and I stopped walking, staring in to his black eyes. Dante? What did he want?

"You." A low hum came from his mouth as he answered the question I asked in my head. His fierce black eyes left mine and travelled down my neck to the spot where you're marked then back up at me, "I want you."

.

I'm very sorry that I haven't updated since, what, the beginning of this month? I've just been so busy with homework, helping my sister move and I've also had like, major writers block during the middle of this chapter but I worked through it as best as I could because I felt bad.

So, I really hope you like this chapter because it did take me forever to write even though it might be a little short but here it is(: