Chapter Eight

They're from your old pack.

Those dreaded words repeated themselves in my head but I refused to believe them. No-one from Moonstone could possibly know where I was. Alpha Wes saw me running but how could he know I'd be on Bloodmoon territory?

"Blair?" Saph's voice rang in my ears, "are you okay?"

I nodded down at her and sighed, "Saph, is it okay if I go with Payton? I'll be quick, promise." She nodded and I smiled at her before getting up off the bed and dragging Payton out of the room.

"Why are they here? What do they want?"

"You, it seems."

"Who are they?" I asked as we walked down the stairs.

"There was a women who said her name was Christa and a boy.. Kacpar I think his name was.. They both looked a lot like you, actually." He laughed lightly to himself.

Kacper? What's he doing here?

Alpha Wes must have sent them, Nelly spoke slowly. Her ears were pricked up and she was pacing back and forth. She was beyond nervous.

"Do you know them?" Payton asked me as he led me down another flight of stairs towards the basement.

I nodded slowly, my throat dry, "its my mother and brother."

.

.

After more flights of stairs and more corridors, we stopped in front of a large metal door being guarded by a large muscled man.

"Beta Payton, Omega," the guard glared at me and I crossed my arms over my chest, eyes widened.

"Your Luna and I are here to speak to the wolves from the border," Payton smirked, his voice challenging and the guards eyes grew so wide they looked like they were going to pop out of his head. I stifled my laugh and remained in a strong posture.

"My apologies, Luna," the guard bowed his head in submission and I nodded. "Be careful," he said under hushed tones and opened the large door for us.

"Luna," Payton stepped aside and extended his arm, motioning for me to go in first.

I have to say, I was extremely nervous about seeing my mother again. I hadn't seen her and my father since the day they dropped the title as male and female Beta. Seeing my brother again was a completely different story. He treated me like crap everyday just for fun and now he expects to possibly talk to me? Huh. Well he's got another thing coming, that's for sure.

"Thanks," I mutter quietly and walk through the door, fiddling with my thumbs nervously.

I see two people sitting either side of a cell right at the end of the corridor. I didn't understand why they didn't put them in separate cells but I guess because they're family it's different. But then it could've been because they're from the same pack because how were hey to know that they're family? Unless my mother said something. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

You can do this, Payton mind linked me so that the two in the cell wouldn't be able to hear, I'll wait by the door in case anything happens. He reached his hand down to mine and squeezed it lightly. Taking in a deep breath I looked up and smiled at him and then made my way over to the end cell, coughing to grab their attention.

Kacper looked up slowly, his eyes a lot darker than what I remembered when we were younger. "I knew you were here," he snarled, glaring at me.

"Oh, shut up," I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.