Chapter five

It's been a few days now since I met my mate Riley and found out I was the soon to be Luna of the biggest and strongest pack in Europe, Bloodmoon. Riley and I have grown closer than ever and I guess you could say he brought me out of my shell a little more. I'm still slightly uncomfortable around other pack members, except Riley and Payton, thinking that they won't like me because of the pack I came from, or because I might've stolen their Alpha, or hate me because I'm an Omega; but I knew I needed to sort that out before officially becoming Luna. I've also become relatively close to Naomi, Riley's sister. She's so sweet and she's been there for me when Riley and Payton were away on official business. She's my only friend round here at the moment.

"Luna?" A squeaked voice called and the pitter patter of little feet came running towards me.

"Hey Saph," I smiled and picked her up and spun her around.

"Eeeh, do that again!" She giggled. I laughed and lifted her just about my head and the spun around once more causing Sapphire to erupt in a fit of giggles.

"Sapphire, where are you dear?" A slow voice sung.

"In here grandma!" She giggled.

A short while after, a little old lady came hobbling in to the kitchen.

"Oh, there you are," she smiled at the little girl in my arms then looked up at me. "Hello dear, who might you be?"

I smiled at her and hoisted Saph up in my arms a little more, "I'm Blair, it's nice to meet you."

"She's the new Luna!" Sapphire squealed excitedly.

A shocked expression crossed the old women's face and she jumped back slightly, "oh, oh dear uhm, it's a pleasure to meet you, Luna Blair," she bowed her head slightly and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"There's no need for that, ma'am. I'm not Luna yet, please just treat me the same as you would any other pack member," I smiled a little and placed Saph down on the floor.

The old woman nodded and then looked down at Saph momentarily before meeting my eyes again, "I'm meant to be watching this little one but clearly she has more fun with you," Saph giggled, jumping around, "so, would you watch her for me? It's only for a couple more hours until her parents get back."

"Of course I can, it's no worry at all."

"Yay!" Saph exclaimed and hugged my leg excitedly.

"Thank you, dear. If you need anything just shout," she bowed her head and then walked off.

"What do you want to do, sweetie?" I asked, bending down so that I'm at her level.

"Swings!" She grinned and took my hand in her vert small one and pulled me out towards the back garden.

"Slow down!" I laughed, almost tripping over my own feet.

"Sorry Lu--Blair," she corrected herself and slowed down, now at a walking pace until we reach a swingset that looked quiet old.

"Come on, there's two! One for me and one for you!" Saph squealed and jumped up on to one while I sat on the other one.

I watched slowly as Sapphire swung on the swing without a care in the world. The small gusts of wind blowing through her strawberry blonde hair as she laughed at something, her smile lighting up her whole face. It got me wondering what her parents were like. The few days I'd been here I'd never seen them so when that old woman told me that they were getting back today I assumed that they'd been away for a while, but what for? It couldn't be any pack business because it's obvious that they're not Alpha's, Beta's or Delta's. Are they? But then a thought came to mind.

"Saph?"

She looked up from the ground and looked at me, continuing to swing. "Yes?"

"How close are you and Riley?"

"Super duper close!" She grinned.

"How?"

"We're brother and sister!" She cheered then got up off the swing and ran off inside.

What?

"Saph, wait!" I called and ran after her, but I couldn't find her.

I stood in the middle of the kitchen thinking over what Sapphire just told me. So if her and Riley are brother and sister, that means that her parents are in fact the Alpha and Luna.. And I'd just let their child run off.

"Saph!" I shouted out and began searching the house for her. "Saph, where are you?" I sighed and ran a frustrated hand through my hair. I looked down at my feet and started walking again but I bumped in to someone's chest. "Sorry," I muttered but when their hand touched mine and I felt the tingles erupt I knew it had to be Riley.

"You okay there, kitten?"

I slowly looked up at him, biting my bottom lip nervously, "I'm fine."

"What are you doing all alone?"

"Looking for your sister, I'm meant to be looking after her until your parents get home."

"I can help, if you want?" He asked.

I shook my head, "no, no, it's okay. I'm sure you have alpha business to attend too, so I'll see you later?" I sent him a soft smile and walked off, heading upstairs.

A row of family pictures lined the staircase and one stood out specifically to me. It was two parents with their young children stood in front of them, a boy and a girl. The parents' arms were wrapped lovingly around the two children as they all smiled in to the camera.

"Lovely picture isn't it?" A voice said from behind me.

"Huh.." I turned around and saw a man standing behind me. He had dark hair like Riley's and their facial structure was scarily similar. Meaning...

Fuck. He's the Alpha.

.

.

.

.

So, I've been writing this over the past few days and I've been writing it on my phone so I have no idea how short/long this chapter will be but I needed to update so here it is:)