Chapter 19

Resergent 

Chapter 19

Tris P.O.V

    After walking for thirty minutes Uriah is already complaining, he wont shut up about being hungry."Uriah shut up, we still have like three hours before the Beru is even in view and if you dont shut up we will be one soldier less." Four says, frustrated. I rub his back as we walk and he sighs, "I'm sorry." I nod, "It's okay, I was getting annoyed too." 

   "Hey guys, whats th-" Zeke falls to the ground with a gunshot in his stomach, "NO!" Shuana screams and drops to the ground, another shot goes off and I scream, feeling the bullet impact in my leg. "Everyone run to the right, Uriah help Will with Zeke - I got Tris, everyone else run and get your guns out, they're hunting for us."

Tobias P.O.V

    I pick Tris up in my arms and stay behind Zeke, Will and Uriah, holding my gun out and carrying Tris with the other. I can't loose anymore people. I have to protect them, I have to proctect Tris. I can't loose her again, It would kill me. 

   We run for miles, Zeke getting heavier and heavier as the time goes by for Will and Uriah. We stop in the middle of woods where there is an flat surface and I set up some sleeping bags, laying Zeke on the first one and Tris on the other, "Did we bring any medical suplies?!" I ask Christina, "No, I didnt think we would need any..." I sigh, "Get me a shirt."  It's then I notice Tris staring at me with sleepy eyes, her gorgeous orbs glowing in the night. 

   Christina comes back and hands me an old T-shirt from my bag, I rip it in slices and I take on peice and tie it around Zeke's torso, making it tight enough to keep presure on his wound until we can get the proper medical equipment. "I think Four, Tris and Zeke should go back...We can deal with Lynn. Four, what do you think?" Will asks as I move on to Tris, I grab a long stick, long enough and tough enough to hold Tris's leg, I place it under her leg and tie it tight, makiing sure it will stay, then wrapign around the bullet wound again.

   "I think it would be wise, but should I go and have Uriah stay or something?" I ask, wiping the sweat off my forehead and looking at there worried faces. "No, you should stay, we can take care of it Four, plus, Uriah doesnt know anything about how to take care of their wounds." I nod and watch as they grab there bags and walk off into the direction of the Beru. 

   I know none of them and me really had a close relationship but I would be pretty upset. They mean something to me,  they share so many memories with me. They are also Tris' friends, I was onlly really close to Shuana, who is a crying wreck that went with them. It's my job to save her boyfriend - my actual friend. Who has always been there for me in Dauntless, he is who I can count on. 

   But so has Shuana, people used to think we were dating but we never liked each other like that, we were just close friends. We did things for each other, I helped her get through Dauntless, to me thats special. If it wasnt for me she might not of even made it in the top ten. 

   But then again, if I was to lose one of them I would know how to handle it, I would just like I did with Amar. I would grieve to myself and probably shut myself out from the world, but  I couldnt do that either, I need to take care of Tris. I need to keep her safe, I cant loose her again, ever. 

   I check on Zeke one last time before grabbing my own sleeping bag and laying down next to Tris. I lean over and kiss her forehead, wishing her sweet dreams. I snuggle back in my bag and wish for a successful day tommorrow. 

THE END