Chapter 13

Chapter 13

  The next day you buried Dale and Rick gave a speech. After that everyone started to help pack up the campsite. Your father had agreed to let everyone move into the house. It would be safer and the colder weather was coming up. It would be a little cramped with fifteen people in the house but you would make it work.

  "It'll be tight, 14 people in one house," Rick said. "Don't worry about that. With the swamp hardening, the creek drying up..." Hershel started. "With 50 head of cattle on the property, we might as well be ringing a damn dinner bell," Maggie finished. "She's right. We should've moved you in a while ago," she said. "All right, let's move the vehicles near each of the doors facing out toward the road," Rick instructed. "What about the RV?" TDog asked him. "Just leave it there. We'll build a lookout in the windmill, another in the barn loft. That should give us sightlines on both sides of the property. T-Dog, you take the perimeter around the house. Keep track of everyone coming and going," Rick said. "What about standing guard?" He asked. "I need you and Daryl on double duty," Rick told him. "Gotcha," he said.

  "I'll stock the basement with food and water, enough that we can all survive there a few days if need be," Hershel said. "What about patrols?" You asked. "Let's get this area locked down first. After that, Shane'll assign shifts while I and Daryl take Randall offsite and cut him loose," Rick said. "We're back to that now?" Shane said. "It was the right plan first time around. Poor execution," Rick told him. "That's a slight understatement you don't agree, but this what's happening. Swallow it-- Move on. You know that Dale's death and the prisoner-- that's two separate things, right? You wanna take Daryl as your wingman, be my guest," Shane told him. "Thank you," Rick simply said.

"You got it," Shane said and walked off. "I see why you're not taking Shane with you. Just know I've got no more patience where he's concerned," Hershel told Rick. "He's turning over a new leaf. Andrea. When I'm out with Daryl, help Hershel keep an eye on things around here," he said. "Me?" She said. "Shane's got a way of letting things get out of hand, especially when he's all torqued up," Rick told her. "I think we're all a bit torqued up at this point," you commented. "If you're staying here permanently, he's got to understand that it's what Rick and I say, not whatever he wants," your father said. "You've become close," Rick told her. "We talk," she said. "Then you know he's not a bad guy. He's just his own worst enemy," Rick said. "You want me to babysit Shane?" She asked. "I need to make sure every time I leave the farm all hell doesn't break loose," Rick told her. "Then maybe you should stop leaving," she said and started to walk off. "Will you keep an eye on things?" Rick asked. "Of course," she yelled back.

You put the tot you were carried down by the door when you saw Daryl setting his things down in a corner by the window. You walked over to him and grabbed his bag "Hey. What're is ya doing?" He said. "Come on. You can put your stuff in my room," you said as you walked towards the hallway. He just stood there looking at you then to the door. "Daryl I'm an adult I can let whoever I want to sleep in my room. Now grab your stuff and let's go," you said walking down the hall to your room. 

You walked into the room and sat Daryls bag down on the chair and turned around to see him. Standing in the doorway awkwardly. "Well, come on. Put your stuff down," you told him. "I don't think Hershel will approve of this," he said. "Oh my god, Daryl. I'm twenty-six I can do what I want. So if I want you to stay with me then you're stating with me. Don't be like Glenn," you told him. You had heard Maggie tell Glenn he could put his stuff up in her room but he turned her down. Walking over to him you grabbed his arm and walked him into your room. You took the sleeping bag he had in his hand and throw it in the corner "You don't need that. There's a bed," you told him. His face turned red and he looked down.

"I better get out there. Ricks probably looking for me," Daryl told you. "Right. Okay well, I'll walk out with you," you said. He turned around and walked into the hall. He stopped and let you walk in front of him. Walking out on the porch you saw Rick by the truck with T-Dog "T go get Randall from the shed please," he told him. "Sure thing," T-Dog said and walked off towards the shed. You and Daryl walked down the steps and over to the truck. "So how far are you going to take him out?" I asked. "Far enough away from here but somewhere, he'll have a chance. We'll give him food and water to last a couple of days and then come back," Rick told you. You nodded your head and looked down. Daryl looked at you "hey, what's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing. I just don't trust him," you said. "I won't let nothing happen to you," he told you.

"He's gone! Randall is gone!"  T-Dog yelled running towards you.  "What!" Rick said. You all headed towards the shed where Randall was being held. The lock was still on the door but he was gone. Rick walked into the shed and then came back out "he slipped the cuffs," he said.  "Is that possible?" Andrea asked. "It is if you want to escape bad enough," you told her. "What re we going to do?" Lori said. "Can't we just let him go? That's what you were going to do anyway," Carol said. "Yeah, but far away from the farm. We gave to go after him," Rick told us. "Where's Shane?" You asked.

Just then you heard Shane yelling for Rick. He walked out of the woods his nose busted and blood running down his face. "What happened?!" Lori asked. "The little bastard snuck up of me. Clocked me and took my gun," he said. "He got the jump on you? How he weight a buck twenty-five soaking wet," Daryl said. "We going to stand around and argue about this or are we going to go after him?" Shane said defensively.  "All right. Glenn and Daryl, you come us me and Shane. Y-Dog gets everyone else inside and started boarding up the windows," Rick said. "Wait I want to come with you," you said. "No. Not happening to go inside and Help. We'll be back soon," Daryl said. "What?!  No, I'm coming wit.." you started to argue but Daryl cut you off. "Don't argue with me Y/N just go inside. please," he said.

  You nodded and headed towards the house andvRick, Daryl, Glenn, and Shane headed into the woods. You walked up the steps on the porch and headed over to Beth and Jimmy and helped them nail boards up over the windows. After all the windows in the house were boarded up you all went inside and sat down to wait for the four men to come back.

  You stood by the one window looking through the planks keeping an eye out. "Maybe I should go out and look for them," Andrea said. "No, we need you here. They'll be back," lie I said. You then heard a gunshot. You all looked at each other "Maybe the found him," you said. Just then Daryl and Glenn came walking into the house. "Rock and Shane ain't back?" Daryl said. "No. Why?" You said. "We heard a gunshot," Glenn said. "They probably found Randall," Lori said. "No. We found Randall," Daryl told us. "Is he back in the shed?" Hershel asked. "He was dead. He was a walker," Glenn told us. "Did you find the walker that bit him?" Patricia asked. "That's the thing, he wasn't bitten. His neck was broken," Daryl said. "How's that possible?" Lori said.

  "Will you go back out and find Rick?" Lori said. Daryl nodded and we headed outside. You all stopped looking out towards the barn "holy shit," you said. There was a huge horde of walkers heading right for you. "What do we do now?" You asked. "Can't we just hide inside the house until it passes as we did on the highway?" Carol asked. "Not if there a secret tunnel I don't know about. A herd that size will rip the house down," Daryl told her. "Carl's gone. I he's not upstairs," Lori I said. "I'm sure he's just hiding," Carol told her. "I'm not leaving without my boy," Lori said. "Come on will look around the house again. We're not going anywhere without him," Carol said and They headed inside.

  You came up with a plan to use the cars and shot as many as you could then drive the rest off the farm.  "This my farm. I'll die here, " your father said. "Tonight as good as any, " Daryl said and jumped off the porch. You ran down and got on your bike and Daryl got on his while Glenn and Maggie got in a car and so did T-dog and Andrea. You all headed towards the hoard and started shooting at them.