Chapter 4

You woke up just as the sun was coming up. Stretching and yawning as you flung your legs over the side of your bed. Your feet hit the hardwood floor and you stood up walking to your dresser to get out clothes before heading to the bathroom to take a shower. Grabbing a towel you wrapped it around yourself before getting out. Walking over to the sink and wiping the mirror off you grabbed your toothbrush and brushed your teeth, you brushed your hair and grabbed a hair tie putting it on your wrist for later. You got dressed walked to your room and put your boots on and thigh holster and put your gun in its rightful place. You headed towards the door to go out and find Daryl.

You walked across the yard towards the yellow Cherokee that belonged to Carol. Rick, Shane, Daryl, T-Dog, and Andrea We're standing around looking at the map. You walked up beside Daryl and listened in. "Morning, guys. Let's get going. We've got a lot of ground to cover. All right, everyone's getting new search grids today. If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl found, she might have gone further east than we've been so far." Rick said. Jimmy came walking over "I'd like to help. I know the area pretty well and stuff." He said. "My dad's okay with this?" You said. "Yeah yeah. He said I should ask Rick." He told you but you didn't believe him, you were his age once and lued all the time. "All right then," Rick said. "Thanks," Jimmy said. "Nothing about what Daryl found screams Sophia to me. Anyone could have been holed up in that farmhouse." Shane said and you rolled your eyes. "Anybody includes her, right?" You asked looking at him. "Whoever slept in that cupboard was no bigger than yay-high," Daryl said. "It's a good lead. Maybe we'll pick up her trail again." Rick told you all. "No maybe about it. I'm gonna borrow a horse, head up to this ridge right here, take a bird's-eye view of the whole grid. If she's up there, I'll spot her." Daryl said. "I'll go with you I know the terrain really well and they're my horses", you said looking at him. "Good idea," Rick said nodding at the two of you.

"Maybe you'll see your chupacabra up there too," T-Dog said. "Chupacabra?" Rick asked. "Like the blood su king dog thing?" You asked. "You never heard this? Our first night in camp, Daryl tells us that the whole thing reminds him of a time when he went squirrel hunting and he saw a chupacabra." Dale told you. Jimmy laughed "What are you braying at, jackass?" Daryl growled. "You believe in a blood-sucking dog?" Jimmy asked him. "Do you believe dead people walking around?" Daryl asked. Jimmy reached for the shotgun on the hood "Hey hey. Ever fire one before?" Rick added him. "No, he has not!" You said and jimmy glared at you. "Well, if I'm going out, I want one." He said. "Yeah, and people in hell want Slurpees," Daryl told him and you snorted. "Why don't you come to train tomorrow? If you're serious, I'm a certified instructor." Shane told him. "For now he can come with us," Andrea said. "He's yours to babysit then," Shane told her. "Have fun with that?" you said as you and Daryl walked to the stables.

"You got a couple of horses and went out into the woods. "Surprise you listened and didn't bring that damn camera," Daryl said to you. "Don't like your picture taken Dixon?" You said smirking. "No" he grumbled. "Oh well to bad. I may have kinda already had pictures of your sexy ass" you said winking. He looked at you with shock and looked away quickly his face and ears turning red. You were riding along the ridge when you saw something in the water. "What's that?" You asked pointing down towards it. "Don't know?" Daryl said stopping and getting off the horse. "I'll be back stay here," he said with a pointed look. "Yeah, yeah," you said taking the reins to his horse. He walked down and grabbed the object noticing it was Sophia's s doll. "Sophia?!" He yelled looking around before he climbed back up. "What was it?" You asked. "He doll," he said getting back on the horse. "She gotta be around here then!" You said.

You rode further up the ridge looking around when Daryls horse got spooked throwing him and making him roll down the ridge. "Daryl!" You yelled. Just as you were getting off something spooked your horse throwing you and you rolled down after him both the horse taking off. You stopped yourself by grabbing a tree root just before you fell off the edge into the water. "Fuck!" You said feeling the blood run down the side of your face and a searing pain in your left arm. You looked down to see Daryl laying in the water. "Daryl! Daryl!" You yelled. He stood up and you noticed the bolt through his side. You slowly and carefully climbed over the edge jumping into the water, making sure your care of your arm. Holding your left arm against you, you walked over to him.

"Oh my god! You have a bolt sticking out your side!" You said. He lifted his hand up to your head and moved your hair back seeing a large cut. You're gonna need stitches for that and your arm looks broken" he said. You were feeling a little light-headed and dazed but tried to hide it. "We need to get back up that ridge. You said. "Wait for my crossbow," Daryl said and found a large think stick and looked around in the water till he wound it. "Come on," he said. You made your way up the ridge behind Daryl who was halfway up. "This shot fucking sucks!" You said. Daryl went to grab a root trying to mind his side but ended up slipping and the both of you rolled back down the ridge. You cried out when you landed on your left arm and looked over to Daryl who was knocked out. You started to see black dots in your vision and passed out.

Next time you woke up Daryl was shaking you he had taken the bolt out and took his flannel off to use to stop the bleeding and had blood all over his face, walker ears on a shoelace around his neck. "Come on. We gotta go" he said and put your good arm around his neck helping you up. "Are those eats?" You said. "Climb. I'm right behind you" you started up The ridge getting to the top was hard with a broken arm. You were trying to get if the ledge but was having trouble with only being able to use one arm. Next thing you know you felt Daryls hand on your ass pushing you up and over. He laid on your stomach reaching your good arm out for him to take. He took it and you pulled him up Tue best you could. "Yeah, you better run" he growled. "What?" You asked confused looking around. He looked at you "nothing" he growled and started walking away.

You walked through the woods for what seemed like for hours before you reached the edge of the farm. "Finally" you sighed. You started walking through the field behind Daryl who was dragging his crossbow on the ground when you saw Rick, Shane, Glenn, and T-Dog running towards you. "Is that Daryl?" Glenn asked. Rick pulled his python out and pointed it at Daryls head. "That's the third time you pointed that thing at my head. You gonna pull the trigger or what?" Daryl said to him. And Rick lowered his gun. You were behind him on his right when he went down and you felt a hot pain go through your right shoulder. "Fuck!" You yelled. "No! No no!" Rick screamed. "Dary!" You yelled and dropped to the ground not worrying about your arm. "I was kidding," he said as Shane and Rick helped him you. "Y/N! You alright?" T-dog asked coming to offer to you. Well let's see my head is cut open, my left arm is broken and I just got ficking shot in my right shoulder! So yeah I'm fine" you said.

"Oh my god" you heard Andrea "is he dead?" She asked. You walked over to her and punched her "fucking you not only shot you shot me!" You screamed ignoring the pain. "Come on," Rick said as you started walking back to the house. "Unconscious. You just grazed him." Rick told Andrea. "But look at him. What the hell happened? He's wearing ears." Glenn said. "Let's keep that to ourselves., Rick said ripping them off him and putting them in his pocket. "Guys, isn't this Sophia's?" T asked. You got back to the house "Oh my god Y/N/N What happened" Maggie asked you putting pressure on your bleeding shoulder. "Well, I and Daryl fell down the ridge...twice... I broke my arm and cut my head open, he got his bolt through his side oh and then... picking Andrea shot his grazing his head and it went through my fucking shoulder!" You said. They took you and Daryl to your room and your father stiched your head and should and grabbed the old cast Beth had kept when she broke her arm and put it in the sling.

You were laying on the bed while Daryl laid on his side to let Hershel stitch him up. "We found it washed up on the creek bed right there. She must have dropped it crossing there somewhere." Daryl told Rick. "Cuts the grid almost in half," Rick said. "Yeah, you're welcome." You both said. "How's he looking?" Rick asked. "I had no idea we'd be going through the antibiotics so quickly. Any idea what happened to my horse?" Your father asked looking at you. "Yeah, the one who almost killed me? If it's smart, it left the country." Daryl told him. "They both ran off. "We call that one Daryl had Nelly, as in nervous Nelly." Your father said. "I could have told you she'd throw you if you'd bothered to ask." He told you. "Thought she was new," you said. "It's a wonder you people have survived this long. And you go out without telling me" he said and walked out the door. Shane and Rick walked out after him leaving you and Daryl along. "Well, that was fun. I mean especially you touching my ass" you said to Daryl. "Pfft I did it to help ya up," he said. "You liked it Dixon" you teased and he nudged you and turned red. He moved up beside you and leaned against the headboard.