Chapter 8

After your step-mother, step-bother, and neighbors came out of the barn and were all shot down it was silent for a little bit. You titled your head up towards the sky with your eyes closed and rubbed your hand over your face. You knew this was going to happen and you were glad it did. You turned around to see your father kneeling on the ground, eyes wide. You turned around again when you heard growling. Looking at the barn doors you see a small figure in a blue shirt with a rainbow on it with its head down comes tumbling out of the barn. When it lifted its head you heard Carol.

  "Sophia? Sophia!" You look over at her running towards her daughter. You run over blocking her way as Daryl grabs her. They both fell to the ground. You turned to see the little girl had I bite taken out of her left shoulder. Your breathing picked up and tears streamed down your face. You didn't know the little girl but it's was devastating to seem that way, to see Carol breaking from losing her child in this cruel world. You stopped to the ground in front of Carol and took her in your arms "I'm so sorry," you whispered. Rick walked over to Sophia and shot her in the head. Carol pulled away from you, Daryl talking her not to look but she hit it and ran off.

  You just stayed there sitting on your knees as tears silently streamed down your cheeks. "Mom?" You heard Beth as she passed you and flipped a walker off her mother. She knelt down and pulled her onto her lap. "Mom?" She said crying. You stood up and walked over to your baby sister. "Beth sweetie..." You said just as the reanimated corpse graves be the arms trying to pull her towards its mouth. You started pulling Beth as she screams "Y/N!" She said crying. "I've got you!" You told her and tried kicking the walker. Andrea came over with the sickle and jammed through its head. Beth ran into your father's arms and them along with Maggie, Jimmy, and Patrica walked back to the house with Shane hot on their heels.

   "Great,I  told him this would happen. That walker in the barn was a dumb idea. But he didn't listen!" You said.  "You knew about this?" Daryl asked. "Yes! Of course, I did! I didn't agree with Daryl! There was nothing I could do my father has never listened to me!" You yelled. "You knew that little was on there and you let us look for her knowing she was dead?!" He screamed. "No! God no! I didn't know she was in there Daryl. I just got back that day when Rick came running through the field with Carl," you said tears running down your cheeks.

  You went into the barn and grabbed blankets and came out with three. Walking over to Sophia you knelt down and covered her with one "I'm so sorry," you whispered. You got up and covered your stepmother and stepbrother up as well. Then you began helping with the other bodies to burn them. You help Andrea pick up the last body and throw it onto the back of the truck. You both jumped on the tailgate and T-Dog started driving. You had to stop to pick up an arm along the way but eventually, you got to where you wanted to burn the bodies.

  You, Andrea and T-Dog unloaded the bodies and put them in a pile. You poured gasoline all over the pile and on the ends of the torches and lite the torches throwing them on the pile of bodies. After standing there for a while you headed back up to dig three holes by the big tree in the yard by the barn. One for Sophia, your step-mother and step-brother. After they were finished the guys laid your loved ones in the graves and you covered them up. Your father read from his bible and everyone said a few words if they wanted to. After the funerals, you all went your separate ways.

  You went into the house and walked to your room closing the door and putting the chair you had behind it up under the door handle so no one could come in. You walked over and moved the loose floorboard I'm pulled out a pack of cigarettes and lighter that you had underneath there, took one out, opened the window and lite it and put the pack and lighter back in the floor and put the board back into place. You sat on the window seal mak8ng sure to blow the smoke outwards so it would go inside. You were starting to wish you had a bottle of whiskey hid under the floorboard too. 'I'll have to go to the bar in town and grab a bottle' you thought to yourself. 

  You looked out over the farm and noticed Daryl packing up his stuff and starting it to his bike. You finished the cigarette and put it out sticking the butt in your pocket. As you were closing the window there was a knock on your door. "Just a sec!" You yelled. You closed the window and walked over and took the chair out from under the knob and put it back in the corner. You opened the door to see Maggie in front of you. "Have you seen Daddy?" She asked. "No, why?" You asked her. "We can't find him," she said.

  You ended going through his room finding his old flask. Rick and Glenn went to the bar in town to get him. Beth had gone into a catatonic shock. So you and Maggie took care of her the best you could with the help of Lori and Patricia. You sat with her until Maggie came in to relieve you so you could eat. While you ate Carol came up to you asking if you could go talk to Daryl. So afterward you headed up where he was. "You're pretty far out," you said to him. "Yeah so," he said. "Rick and Glenn went out to get my dad. Be the is in shock from losing her mom. Everyone is all over me to talk to you," I said. "I'm not going after them," he told you. You sat down beside him "Didn't say you have to," you said.