Chapter 9

After sitting with Daryl for a few hours you headed back to the house and went to bed. The next morning you, Shane, Andrea and Daryl decided to go after Rick, Glenn and your father after learning Lori had tried going after them but ended up crashing Maggie's car. Shane had gone after her telling her Rick was back which was a lie and when they got back she was pissed which in return letting slip she was pregnant.

  As you were about to leave a similar red truck came flying down the lane. Pulling in Rick, Glenn and your father got out of the truck. Maggie ran passed your dad and to Glenn and Rick went to Lori. You stood there looking in the back if the truck seeing a fourth person. "Who the fuck is that?" You asked. "That's Randle," Glenn said. "Patricia prepares the shed for surgery," your father said. "Oh hell no! Are you kidding dad? You don't know him! Why the hell did you bring him here?" You argued.

  You walked inside with everyone else and waited for Hershel to come back. While you all did that you discussed the boy. After awhile your father came in saying that he was finished and the kid was going to be out for a few hours. "He can't stay here. He shot at you!" You said. "Well he can't go out there not with his leg the way it is," Rick said. "You should have let him suffer!" You argued and walked away.

Walking outside behind the house you stood by your bedroom window. Someone came over and stood beside you handing out a pack of smoke to you. "Thanks," you said taking one and looking over to see Daryl hols8ng out his lighter you leaned in and clay him light the cigarette. Taking a drag you let out a deep breath. "He looks familiar, the kid," you said. "What ya mean he looks familiar?" Daryl asked lighting his own cigarette. "I swear I've seen him. I think he might have gone to school with Maggie or something," you said. "Are you sure?" He asked. "No,  I'm not sure. He could just be some random kid," you told him. "Should still tell Rick," he said. "Yeah, well that is going to do shit," you said.

  After a few days, it was decided to take him 18 miles out and leave him. Rick and Shane got ready and T-Dog went and got Randall. Shane gagged him, blindfolded him, and put earbuds in and turning up the music loud enough that he couldn't hear anything. "Rick!" You yelled jogging up to him. "Hey Y/N, what's up?" He asked. "Can I talk to you real quick?" You asked. "Yeah sure," he said and you walked away from everyone around earshot. "Look I'm not a hundred percent sure but this kid l9oks familiar. I think I might have seen him when I would pick Maggie up from school. But I don't know he could also just be some random kid," you told him. "Alright, thanks for telling me," he said and walked back to the car and he and Shane left.

  You sat in the room with Beth watching her. Lori had given her lunch and she took the knife from the tray but didn't eat. She wanted to take her own life because she didn't want to live in this world. I looked out the window and started talking to her. "Ya know baby sister I never thought you of all people would want to hurt yourself. I know I wasn't there a lot while you were growing up and we're not as close like you and Maggie but you can talk to me," you said turning and looking at her. She just sat there not looking at or saying anything. "I'm going going to tell you as Maggie did. But she's right it's nor the answer no matter how hard life is trust me I've been there but it's never the answer. You need to fight, you need to stay alive and prove to everyone just how strong you are because you're stronger than you think," you told her. Andrea came in knocking on the door. "How's she doing?" She asked. "Alright, I guess," you said. "I'll watch her you go get some rest," she said. "Thanks, I'll be back in a couple of hours though," you said and walked over kissing Beth's forehead and walked outside.

You went to my room grabbed your camera and went outside. You snapped a few pictures of Daryl' s group because well, you know it's the end of the world and people in the future might find these things. You walked passed them down the stables. You always loved being with the horses they couldn't judge you and it was relaxing. After a while, you walked back into the house to hear Maggie yelling "Beth! Beth honey opens the door. I'm not mad Beth!" You walked into the room "Hey. What's going on?" You asked. "Beth locked herself in the bathroom," Maggie said then you heard glass break.

  "Shit! Beth, don't do this! Open the door!" You yelled. Lori got the fire poker and forced the door open. You and Maggie rushed in to see Beth crying and holding her bleeding wrist. "I'm sorry," she said. "Its okay sweetie. You're going to be alright," you said kissing her forehead as Maggie walked her to your father. You walked outside to see Andrea running over "Oh my god is she okay I just heard," she said. "My father is stitching her wrist right now," Maggie said from behind you. "She made her choice. She wants to live," she said. "Are you fucking kidding Me!  I trusted you to keep my baby sister safe! She just tried to kill herself!" You yelled. "It helped her realize she wants to live Y/N," Andrea said. "That's it!" You yelled and smashed your fist that wasn't broken into her face.

  She fell back on to the ground and you straddled her and starting hitting her not even caring about the pain shooting up your arm. "I'm going to kill you, you stupid bitch!" You yelled. You felt arms wrap around your waist and lift you up off the ground off Andrea. "Y/N! Calm down," Maggie said as you struggled to get away from whoever had you. "I'll take her and calm her down," you heard Daryl. He swiftly turned you around and throw you over his shoulder and walked away. "Put me down, Dixon!" You yelled. "Ya gonna go back to Andrea?" He asked. "Yes! I'm going to kill that bitch!" You said. "Then I think I'll keep walking," he said. Eventually, you calmed down and he stopped walking and put you down. You looked around to see you were far from the house up where he put his tent.

  "She left Beth. I trusted her and She left her. It's my fault Beth tried killing herself. I was hardly ever there for her," you started crying. Daryl shifted back and forth feeling awkward not knowing what to do. He put his hand on your shoulder "ain't yer fault," he said. You turned and wrapped your arms around his waist shoving your face into his chest and grabbed his shirt in your fingers and cried. Daryl stiffened and just stood there until you were finished. You stopped after a couple of minutes and realized he was stiff so you back away "I'm sorry," you said wiping your eyes. "It's ok," he said shrugging. "Mind if I hang out here for a while?" You asked him. "Nah," he said and walked over and started a fire. The two of you just sat in silence and watched the flames.