chapter 5

You woke up and felt a weight around your waist. Turning over you came face to face with Daryl. Your face flushed red and your heart rate started to pick up. He looked so peaceful when he slept like the world wasn't on his shoulders. Daryl slowly started opening his eyes his arms were still around your waist holding you close to him.

"Morning," you said smiling. Daryls eyes widened as he saw how close the two of you were. He went to move his arm "Sorry," he whispered. "No, it's okay," you say pulling his arm back around you. You could see the blush on his cheeks and how tense he was. "I won't bite Dixon," you giggled. "Y/N, " Daryl said. "Yeah?" You answered. He unwrapped his arm from you and sat up grimacing as he did. You sat up mindful of your broken arm. You hurt your shoulder but it wasn't as bad as it would have been if it was the other arm. You stood up and stood in front of Daryl. "Daryl, you need to be careful of your stitches," you said to him. He looked up and you and then back at the floor. "Mine," he said and stood up. He headed for the door and opened it but before he could leave you grabbed his wrist.

   "Daryl wait," you said. He stopped but didn't turn around. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. It's just... it felt nice and I like you. You're not like the others here. And I know you can see I'm nothing like my sister's or my father. Please look at me," you told him. He slowly turned around but didn't look at you. You walked up to him and lifted his chin to look at you. Standing on your tiptoes you leaned up and kissed him when you didn't feel him kiss back you stepped back. "I'm sorry," you whispered. He just turned around and walked out the door. You just stood there and let a tear roll down your cheek. 'Great now he's going to really hate You Y/N,' you said to yourself.

  You were trying to put on a tank top on unsuccessfully when you heard a knock on your door "Y/N/N," you heard Maggie's voice. "Come in," you shouted. She opened the door and saw you struggling to put your tank on "here let me help you," she said. "Thanks," you told her. She came over and put the tank over your head and helped you carefully put your arms through the straps. She noticed the red flannel on your bed and helped you put that on as well. "Could you button my shorts and help put my shoes on too please," you said. She chuckled "of course," she told you. Once you had your shoes on you grabbed your belt and put it through a few loops then slid your knife on and put it through more loops and put your gun on so ideas on the other side then buckled it. "So what's up?" You asked your sister. "Oh breakfast is done," she said. You nodded grabbed your camera bag and the two of you walked out the door.

  After breakfast you walked outside, walking down the porch steps, walking to your bike. 'I can total ride this with a cast you thought. You wanted to go out to the town over and take pictures. "What're is ya doing?" You heard a deep gravely voice behind you. "Going to the town over," you said not turning around. You made sure your camera backpack was on your back tight and put a few bottles of water and some protein bars in your saddlebag on your bike. "This yours?" Daryl asked you. "Yeah," you simply said. You swung your leg over the side and sat down. "You're going out on your own? Are you crazy?!" Daryl says. "I've done it before Daryl I know how to protect myself," you told him. "I'll come with ya," he said. "Fine get on," you told him. "I ain't ride in no bitch seat," he growled. "Well you're not driving my bike," you said. "I got my own. Give me a second and I'll grab my stuff and we can go," he said.

  "Y/N! Hey, I don't think Daryl or you should be going anywhere. He pulled his stitches throwing a saddle earlier," Carol came up to you say. "Did my dad check him out?" You asked her. "No, he said he'd be fine," she told you. "Damnit alright. I'll go talk to him and make him get checked out," you told her and walked towards Daryls tent.

  Walking into Daryls tent you see him with his back towards you. "Carol told me you ripped your stitches open," you say. "I'm fine," he mumbles. "Yeah see you are not going anywhere until you get stitched up. I'm not going to have you passing out from blood loss on me," you said. Daryl spun around and stepped closer to you "said fine, " he growled. You grabbed the bottom of his shirt and lifted it up. The bandage was soaked through with red sticky liquid. "Fuck Daryl! Look at this. Come on," you said and grabbed his hand pulling him towards the exit. He pulled you back towards him "You can't listen, can you?! I said I'm fine Y/N"  he yelled. "Are you fucking kidding me you're bleeding Daryl!" You yelled at him. "Don't need to be wasting what little medical supplies we have on me," he said looking down. "Daryl. Hey, look at me. We can find more but you need to get stitched back up. We'll go out another time," you told him. This time he let you drag him into the house so your father could stitch him back up.

  After your father got Daryl stitched up you agreed to go walk through the woods and look for any more clues for Sophia. "Carol will kill me if something happens to you. She cares about you I can tell and she appreciates you going out looking for her daughter," you said. "I ain't doing nothin Rick or Shane wouldn't do," he replied. "Rick yes. Shane, I don't know. I think he killed Otis, that story he told just seemed off," you told him. Daryl stopped and turned to look at you "Yeah, I thought so too. He didn't seem to be too happy when Rick came back from the dead either back at the quarry we were at outside the city," he said. "I see the way Shane looks at Lori and how she acts around him," you said. 'They had a thing at the quarry. Thought no one noticed but everyone did just didn't say anything," he says. 

  You continued walking "so he slept with his best friend's wife?" You said. "They thought he was dead, but then he turned up with Glenn, Andrea, T-Dog and another from our group that left. Rick handcuffed my brother to a roof," he said. You stopped surprised to hear that "Wait for what? Rick handcuffed your brother to a roof? You have a brother?" You asked. "Yeah, his names Merle. He was being his usual asshole self so Rick handcuffed him and gave T-Dog the key but he dropped it and left Merle there. Me, Glenn, Rick, and T-Dog went back but he wasn't there. He cut his hand off and disappeared.  I don't know if he's alive or one of these dead fuckers walking around," he told you. "I'm so sorry Daryl," you said. "He had it coming. Merle is an asshole hole. Ricks did right by me so far," Daryl said.