Lets Get Down to Buisness

I rolled over and hit the ground with a loud thud. I groaned as I looked up to see what happened. Freya began cackling at me. I scoffed. "Screw you." I mumbled. I climbed back onto Appas tale and tried to go back to sleep. Then everyone began waking up. I sighed and slid out of my sleeping bag, giving Appa a quiet thanks for letting me sleep on him.

"Freya why don't you go and catch some food huh." I said stretching. She stretched as well and bounded off to get food.

"Good morning." I heard a voice coming from behind me. I ever so slightly blushed and turned.

"Good morning Zuko." I replied.

"It was cold last night, did you sleep okay." He asked. I shrugged.

"Ever since I died and was brought back in always cold. Oh by the way." I mumbled the last part grabbing my bag and pulling out his shirt and jacket. "Thank you for these I washed them so I could give them back to you." I said holding them out. He grabbed the shirt but told me to keep his jacket. I gave a curt nod. "Thank you." I whispered.

"Who wants to make breakfast?" Dad asked obviously not wanting to do it. I chuckled at him.

"How do you feel about pancakes?" I asked. Everyone except for Aang looked at me confused.

"A cake? For breakfast? Do you have a sweet tooth?" Sokka asked. I chuckled and shook my head.

"I'll have to go into town to get what I need, but trust me. You'll love them." I said. I whistled for Freya and she came running up. She changed into a tiger and allowed me to sit on her back. We began to go towards town, upon our arrival I got many weird looks because of Freya. I was sure no one had seen a tiger in the open. I got off of her and began walking to a syrup stand. She stayed by my side the entire time. I bought 100% Maple Syrup and bought the other things necessary to make pancakes. As I mounted Freya and was about to take off a guy approached us. I felt her get tense but I gently pet her to calm her down.

"How much for the beast?" He asked gruffly.

"Not for sale." I replied and Freya began to ride off but he stepped in front of her.

"Everything can be bought for the right price." He said. I scoffed.

"Get out of my way before Freya gets an easy breakfast." I said knowing she would roar to show it was a real threat. He finally backed out of my way and I began to ride back, my arms full of things. When I got back I thanked Freya and told her she could keep hunting if she wanted while I made breakfast for everyone else. I began stirring things, pouring things, cooking things, until everyone had three pancakes. I poured the Syrup on it and passed out plates.

"What did you say these were called?" Zuko asked, his mouth full.

"Pancakes." Aang replied for me.

"My uncle would absolutely love these." He said again.

"You've never made these before Katara. Where did you learn to make them?" My father asked.

"Well Aang can't cook but he knows a lot of recipes, he told me about them." I replied. He nodded. Sokka wasn't even stopping to talk. He was just shoveling food into his mouth.

"Sokka calm down. You'll choke yourself." I said. He ever so slightly went slower. I laughed at him. I was done but almost everyone wanted seconds. I made them seconds and handed it to them. Even Appa ate the pancakes but without the syrup on them. After everyone was done I decided I should tell them about why Zuko was here. And so I did. Immediately everyone was on edge.

"Katara this isn't busting me out of prison. This is busting fire nation royalty out!" My father said.

"Yes-I-I know but just hear me out." I said. When everyone went silent I thought they were going to. Then everyone started yelling at me. I could only pick up bits and pieces of sentences. But I did hear my dad say 'how do you think your mom died?' And 'I found her body I will not be the one to find yours.'