The Eternal Dance of Water and Moon pt. 2

Zukos POV

My mouth was agape as I stared at her dead body. Her pulse entirely gone, her breathing stopped. Freya howled and howled, crying, crying for her master. Her father picked her up, holding her and sobbing into her dead body. I looked over st my uncle who was as well red eyed, with tears running down his face. "She was stronger and better than all of us combined. Why her?" I asked. Her father glanced up at me. We didn't notice that Uai had gotten up and cradled the dead moon spirit in her hands until she began glowing. The moon spirit once again began circling her eternal partner, and the moon glowed a bright white once again. A ray of moonlight covered Katara's body, lifting her up and setting her on her feet, her hair turned a bright white just like the moon and as she landed back on the ground, all of her clothes disappeared. Freya quickly got up and turned into a dragon wrapping her body around Katara to cover her. Kataras eyes didn't open but her chest began to rise and fall again. I quickly took off my shirt and jacket, slipping both of them on her. They came down to her mid thigh.

"She's freezing." I said wiping my tears off of my face. Her entire body lit up blue like it did when her bending was taken away from her. She gasped as her eyes opened wide. But as soon as her body lit up it stopped, and she fell back asleep. "She needs to be put in her room." I said. "Where is it?" I asked.

"No way in hell im letting you take my daughter to her room." Her father said marching towards me. Freya pulled me into the circle she created with her body blowing smoke out of her nose at her father.

"Do you trust him Freya?" He asked. Freya growled and nodded. "You wouldn't choose someone Katara didn't trust would you?" He asked. She growled as if offended. He nodded. "Okay." He whispered hesitantly. I looked towards my uncle. He nodded. I held Katara in my arms. Freya uncurled herself bending down so that I could get on her. I looked at her to make sure that's what she meant. I didn't want to end up like the guys she killed. She nodded and I threw my leg over her. Cradling Katara's body in one arm, holding onto Freya with the other. I looked down once we were in the sky. There were hundreds of bodies being lifted into the sky and given life. She flew around them and slid to a stop in front of Katara's door. I pushed it open when I got off Freya. She changed back into a snow leopard. When I laid Katara in bed covering her up, she curled into the fetal position, freezing. Freya jumped up onto the bed, and curled herself around Katara, with one paw on top of her, purring loudly. I shot a fireball into the fireplace to warm up the room for her. I hovered over her waving my hands over her, heating my hands up so that it would spread over her body. Freya lifted her paw off Katara's side and rested it on my hand, ever so slightly piercing her claws into the first lawyer of my skin to bring my hand to her mouth. I kept eye contact with her the entire time. She licked my hand just once then let go and put her paw back onto Katara. I hesitantly reached towards Freya, she watched me intently making sure that I wasn't going to hurt her. I gently scratched her cheek.

"Thank you." I whispered. She huffed in response. I knew she knew what I was saying because Katara always talks to her, though, they seem to have a spiritual connection that allows them to understand each other. But I was sure she understood everyone not just Katara, even though she could only talk to Katara. I sat by the fire, cold without my shirt or jacket. I kept it going at all times so that it was plenty hot enough for Katara. Hours went by and she still wasn't awake, it didn't bug me though, waiting for her, I knew that after today things wouldn't be the same. Freya began letting out little noises, I jumped up and crouched by Katara's bedside. Her eyebrows furrowed, she groaned and her eyes opened. She didn't even seem startled that I was right in front of her.

"Is this a dream?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No. Katara. You're alright. Thank god you're alright!" I said grabbing her hand and kissing it, rubbing my thumb over her hand. She took a moment to look around the room. A tear dropped down her cheek and she chuckled. She threw her arms around me. I hugged her back. She pulled away and hugged Freya.

"Does this mean all of the waterbenders are okay?" She asked. I nodded. She smiled. Then she really took the time to look around. She noticed me shirtless and my clothes on her. "Uhhhhhhh.....W-What?" She asked pointing back and forth. Freya must've explained it because she nodded. "Uai? She did that?" She asked. Freya made noises which just sounded like noises to me, but must've actually been talking to Katara. "Oh my god. Poor Sokka. He must be-" she cut herself off. "I'm probably the last person he wants to see." She hung her head low.

"Do you want me to get him?" I asked. She shook her head.

"No. Yes. I-I'm not quite sure what I want." She said, one of her arms around Freya who hadn't stopped purring this entire time, and her other hand still in mine. "Could you hand me that blanket?" She asked pointing to a folded up blanket in the corner of the room. I shot another fireball into the fireplace so it would stay warm. I grabbed the blanket and covered her up with it. "I take it back, I do know what I want. Can you stay in here?" She asked. I nodded.

"You can go back to sleep you know, I'll be here when you wake." I said. She nodded and curled back up hugging Freya and going to sleep. About an hour later Sokka, her father, and my uncle walked in.

"Has she woken?" Her father asked. I nodded

"Yes. Around dusk, just briefly. I told her what happened. She said she wanted me to stay in here and she wanted to go back to sleep." I replied.

"She didn't ask for us?" Sokka asked.

"She wanted to talk to you but she thought that she would be the last person you wanted to see. Cause of Uai." I explained.

"Uai brought my sister back to me, that was her choice and I'm so thankful. I couldn't ever be mad at Katara about that." He said sitting next to her. Freya raised her head then laid back down. Katara stirred when Sokka sat down. When she looked up and saw Sokka she sat up and hugged him tightly. Her dad walked over and as well hugged her. Even my uncle. Iroh handed me the only other shirt I had brought with me, my sparring shirt. I looked over at him silently asking wether or not we should leave. He hesitantly nodded. As we made it to the doorway Katara spoke up.

"A-Are you leaving?" She asked. I nodded giving her a small smile.

"Yes. I'm glad you're better." I said.

"Where will you go?" She asked.

"I'll be around. We always seem to find each other when we're in trouble, I'm positive we'll see each other again. Take it easy Katara." I said turning my back towards her opening the door.

"Prince Zuko?" I heard her stand up and speak. "Thank you. Again." She said.

"It's Zuko." I replied then left.