Chapter 16

first off, i want to start with an apology, you don't have to read it if you don't want to.
i'm so sorry that i haven't posted in almost 7 months. i've been trying to work on my mental health and i'm trying to get out of a toxic friendship. basically a lot of shit's been happening, and i just didn't have the motivation to even open wattpad. i'm sorry to the few people out there that i left with that cliffhanger haha. after reading the comments though, i decided i owe you guys this chapter. hope you'll forgive me and like it <3
-------

Your POV:

A lot had changed while I was gone. We had new workers in our cafe and the cafe itself had been redecorated. It was going to take me awhile to return to my somewhat normal life, before Killua had kidnapped me.

Mr. Miyazaki was furious when he found out that I hadn't finished the job. He didn't know that I knew that he had assigned Killua to kill me. That shady bastard tried to use me and then wipe me out. Since I found that quite rude, I killed him.

Hisoka and I decided that we wouldn't tell others about what had happened to me. If we did, my co-workers and other people I know would find out that him and I are famous assassins. It wouldn't take long for them to find out why Chihiro suddenly disappeared.

"So you just went on vacation? Without saying anything?", one of my co-workers Kiyoko asked me suspiciously. I tried to nod at her innocently and she just sighed.

"You didn't even tell your brother? He was worried sick you know, he kept on coming by asking if we'd seen you." That made me smile. Hisoka-chan really does care for me.

"We told him to go to the police and report you as missing but somehow he didn't want to", she continued as she rubbed her forehead. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in. Luckily he didn't, wouldn't want the police to start doing research about me. Who knows what they'd find.

I stared at the cup of coffee I was gripping tightly in my hand. It amazed me how drastically my life had changed in such a short time. One day I was living my normal assassin life, then I got kidnapped and now I'm back to usual. From one day to another.

"But honestly, as long as you're fine and not hurt, it's okay. We were worried sick about you (y/n)-chan", Kiyoko spoke up and I forced a smile at her.

I'm far from okay, but I can't tell you.

"Don't worry, I'm in top condition!", I grinned at her and she giggled. "Sorry I have to go now. my shift is about to start", Kiyoko frowned as she stood up. "We should really ask our manager to have our breaks at the same time. I'd love to be closer friends with you." "We should. Well have fun", I laughed as she walked away and I waved at her.

My smile dropped as soon as she was out of my sight. I hated being alone in a time like this. I needed someone to talk to, or else my thoughts would return to him.

I lightly hit my head with my fist. "Stop thinking about him, he doesn't deserve being in your thoughts all the time", I grumbled to myself.

But I couldn't help it. I couldn't stop thinking about him.

Obviously my feelings for him wouldn't disappear within a day, I knew that much. But now that I wasn't with him constantly, I couldn't understand why I ever felt like that about him.

I just felt safe with him because I was in a constant state of fear. Because of him.

"Ahhhhh", I groaned and let my head rest on the table.

Could I just stop thinking in general? All these thoughts were giving me such a headache.

I stared at my fingers and started peeling the skin around my nails. One of my bad habits when I'm nervous.