Chapter 4

Your POV:

Since that day, Killua started visiting the cafe at noon on a daily basis. We always sat together during my lunch break and I've started to grow fond of him.

Today was different though. My smile dropped instantly, when I saw that Chihiro wasn't standing behind the counter as usual. I asked my other coworkers where she was and no one knew. I guess Hisoka did his job.

I kept on glancing at the clock, anxiously waiting for Killua to walk through the door. But he never came.

After a few more hours of work, I was already on my way home. It was so boring without that fluffy-haired assassin.

My phone started to ring and I fished it out of my pocket. I stared at the number for a while, not familiar with it.

I accepted the call anyway. "Hello?", I mumbled into the microphone nervously.

"(Y/n)?" I could recognize that deep monotone voice anywhere.

"Haku?", I asked and I heard a slight laugh from the other side. "Why did you call?"

"Well weren't you the one who left their number on my desk?", he questioned. I nodded but realized that he couldn't see so I quickly answered agreeing.

"So why did you?"

I didn't know what to say since I hadn't planned anything. "I want to get to know you better.", I said trying hard not to stutter. Even if I didn't mean it, it was still embarrassing since it sounded like I was asking him out.

"Hmm. And why exactly would a beauty like you be interested in me?"

"Um, I don't really know I guess.", I sighed and I heard him chuckle on the other line. "Are you free tomorrow around this time?"

He was silent for a few moments and it made me feel extremely anxious. "Yeah, I should be free.", he said.

We talked for a few more minutes and then I ended the phone call.

So now I basically have a date with Haku. This is kind of exciting.

I walked back home and was greeted by a clingy and sleepy Hisoka. God, he acts like a damn child sometimes.

"How was your day sis?", he asked me with his voice dripping of honey. "Good i guess.", I answered nonchalantly.

"My plan worked.", I told him with a grin. "Seriously? I thought he would've lost the note or something.", he said and scooted closer to me on the sofa. "Sooooo, tell me everything."

"Well, he called me and I have a date tomorrow.", I explained quickly. Hisoka smirked at me started walking toward my room.

"Boy, what the fuck is you doing?", I shouted after him when he disappeared behind the door.

"We've got to pick an outfit for you!", he yelled back and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll just go with my usual outfit.", I groaned and a few seconds later I heard loud footsteps rushing toward the living room.

"Let me tell you something.", Hisoka said stopping in front of me. "This isn't some lowlife dude that you can just quickly seduce okay? This is fucking Kohaku we're talking about! He won't fall for your trick as easily as all the others do. We need the perfect outfit for you.", he sighed and pet my head before skipping back to my room.

I buried my face in my hands as I waited for him to come back with his so called 'perfect outfit'. A while later I heard an extremely loud "Aha!" and I mentally prepared myself for the worst.

Hisoka came back with his hands hidden behind his back. I looked at him annoyed before he basically shoved the clothing item in my face.

I took a good look at it and might I say, he made a pretty okay choice. It was a very simple skintight strapless maroon dress that was a bit too short for my liking. Why do I even have this shit. I glared at him and he emitted a sigh.

"Just wear it tomorrow okay?", he said as he rubbed his eyes. "I'm kind of tired. Goodnight.", he waved at me before making his way to his bedroom. I replied with a quiet "Night."

My phone buzzed and I took it out of my pocket. There was a message that said "Hi".

"What the fuck and who the fuck?", I whispered. I checked the number and it didn't seem familiar. Weird.

I decided to ignore the text and lay down on the sofa, too lazy to go back to my room.

My last thought was of how the date with Haku would go, before I fell into a deep slumber.

----------
I'm so sorry for not updating for so long, and the chapter's not proofread either ಠ_ಠ
Kind of stressed lately, school's being a bitch rn and yeah