Chapter 7

Rubys pov 1month later

"No! Don't touch her!" I gritted through my teeth as they grabbed Skylar.

"She is of no use anymore. She must be terminated."

"Please! She is the only one actually there for me!"

"We need more room. She is of no use to us anymore."

I turned to my fathers ghostly figure as if to ask, 'What do I do?' Yeah Joe is my guardian angel. I'm pretty sure Andy is Elsas.

He just stared back at me. 'I don't know.' was all I heard from him.

I looked back at Skylar. "Let me go."

"No! Please Sky. I can't let them."

"Panic! at the Disco. This is gospel. If you love me let me go!"

"No! I can't!"

"What are you gonna do then?! It isn't like they can be stopped!"

I turned to the worker. "Take me instead."

He shook his head and started to pull her away.

I ran down the halls after them but one of the workers stopped me. "Get your pretty little ass back in that room or you'll have a lot more to deal withthan a dead friend. You're one of the oldest here. You do know that I can do whatever I want with you."

"You fucking perv. I can kill you if I wanted."

"Then do it. It'll do you no good."

I was about to use my powers to bring down a wall and crush him, but I heard dads voice. 'You do that, you're as good as dead, Ruby. You can't kill them, they'll kill you.'

I focused on sending him a reply. 'They're going to kill my best friend, dad. What do you expect me to do?'

'Don't kill him. Stun him.'

I smiled as I punched him as hard as I could. I ran down the hall and reached the room where they had Sky.

I was greeted by the sight of Skylar,
Tied to a chair, a man with a gun pointed at her.

"Don't you fucking shoot." I mumbled.

"And what are you gonna do about it sweetheart?"

"Don't test me you little asshole."

He turned the gun to me. "Don't test me you little bitch."

He turned the gun back to Skylar. I looked at her and she looked at me.
She mouthed the words "I'm so sorry"

I saw the man pull back his finger, do I ran as fast as I could to her.

I saw her wince as the loud bang echoed through the air. It never did hit her though. It hit me. I felt the pain about five seconds after it happened.

"Let them be. We can come back later to clean up," one of the workers mumbled as they all left. One of them untied Skylar.

I just lie there, watching it all unravel in front if me, excepting the fact that I'm dying. I did it all for her. Skylar. One of the only people to befriend me on this journey to hell.

It was only when I was snapped back into reality that I realized she was crouching next to me, her eyes glazed with tears. "Why the hell did you do that? Me? Why would you give up your life for mine? You're fucking Ruby Trohman for crying out loud. I'm just Skylar Haynes. A no good useless 18 year ol---"

"Shut up. If I didn't think you were more than that, I wouldn't be lying here dying for you. Skyy, I did this because I couldn't let you go, but you have to let me go."

"You're not gonna die, Ruby. You can't. You're stronger than this."

Oh shut the hell up! Stop ignoring the inevitable! I've got a bullet hole in the middle of my fucking stomach! I'm lying in a pool of blood. Remember what you said? Panic! At the Disco, This is Gospel. If you love me let me go."

"No. Not a fucking chance Ruby I'm not going to let you g-"

"Let me go, Skylar. Let me go." Tbe last one was just a whisper. I could barely breathe.

She pushed her head into my neck. She kissed my head. "I love you. Not just in a friendly way. I fucking love you Ruby. I'm in love with you."

I smiled weakly before whispering back, "I love you too."