Chapter 2

Rubys pov.
They killed them and now theyre separating us? No. Ibneed to protect them.
They got Las too. The other man took him while Elsa got to ride wit the same man that killed them.
As for me, I'm riding with a nicer woman named Sierra. She kept apologizing for what happened. She said she didn't like her job and she doesn't like what they're doing but if she quits they'll kill her because she's a stone like me.
Erika had him with a woman named Laura. She seemed nice but you never know.
"What's going to happen to us?" I asked Sierra.
"I think it's best if you don't know right away." She replied.
"What about my family? I have to protect them."
"I promise I will do everything I can to get you all out if this. I have friends from the other facilities that are on our side."
"What? What other facilities?"
"There's an earth facility which is the one we are going to. Then there's wind, which is where Laslos going. Then there's fire, which is where Erika is headed. and then there's water. That's where Elsa is going."
"Wait, so who do you know that's working at the other facilities?"
"Well, there's me, of course. Then at the water facility there's a girl named Allison. She had a son that was a breather and she tried to save him. she was killed at they used her for her knowledge."
"Oh," I gulped. I thought of Bronx. I had killed him. I was forced to. They would kill us if we didn't even try to kill each other. In the end, I was the victor, but I wish it was me.
"Then, at the air facility there's Nicholas. He is a breather. He's like me. He is forced to work or they'll kill him."
"Wow... What do these people have against us?"
"I don't know. I wish I did."
"So who's at the fire facility"
"Dexter. His daughter was killed and he was forced to work for them."
The car came to a stop and we got out. I made sure my iPod and headphones were hidden. If anything went wrong, I would at least have my music. Sierra led me to a desk and signed in. Then, she led me into an elevator, and pushed the button fir the tenth floor.
She then led me down a small hallway until she stopped by a door.
"One small thing that I forgot to mention,"
"What?"
"We're sorta low on space, so you have a roommate."
"Okay," That news kind of cheered me up. I wouldn't have to be alone.
She knocked on the door and a girl who looked my age ((17)) answered. Her hair was blonde with black streaks in it. She wore a gray Black Veil Brides t shirt. Her jeans were red and black plaid. She wore a leather jacket and a fedora.
My heart dropped. She must have been a Fall Out Boy fan, seeing that she looked exactly like Patrick.
"Skylar, This is Ruby. She's your new roommate at the moment."
"So you're the one I've heard about." she smiled.
I have a slight grin. "I guess."
"You and your family are clever. Escaping twice is nothing any of us could do."
Sierra tapped my back. "I'm going tolerate you two get aquatinted. Call me if you need anything."
I walked into the room. it was almost all white, but had a splash of gray and beige on the walls.
I looked down, slightly shivering.
"I don't bite," Skylar grinned.
I grinned back, "Good."
"So... What kind of stuff do you like?" She asked.
I gave a larger grin, "Music, art, and writing."
"What kind of music?"
"Paramore, Panic! At The Disco, Linkin Park, Imagine Dragons, Motionless in White, Pierce the Veil, One Republic, Black Veil Brides, and Falling in Reverse."
She smiled, "Do you like Fall Out Boy?"
"They're my favorite." I said as I looked down. I couldn't show her the sadness in my eyes.
"What's wrong?"
"Just thinking about my father."
"Then why did you get all glum when I mentioned Fall Out Boy?.... Wait You said you're name was Ruby right? Are you Ruby Trohman?"
"Yeah,"
"Oh my god. I had no idea you were a stone!"
"I am and so was Joe." Those words came out with a sickening pain. I rarely used my fathers name. I never liked to, but I thought it was relevant to to the situation.
"Ooh. This makes me so happy for some reason."
"It gets better."
"Really?"
"You know about Fireflies, Breathers, and Rains?"
"Yes." her voice was high pitched and squeaky now.
"Patrick was a firefly. So was Declan, and his adoptive daughter, Erika. Pete was a Breather..... B-Bronx was one too, along with Laslo. Andy, and his daughter Elsa, were rains."
"Where are they now?"
"Patrick, Pete, Andy, Dad, Declan, and Bronx are dead."
"What?! How?" Her voice shook and I felt tears burning in my eyes.
"Patrick, Pete, Andy, and Dad were shot and killed right in front of me. Declan was shot when we went to go save Erika and Laslo, and Bronx..."
My voice trailed off as I began to sob. "Trials,"
"Oh god Ruby, I'm so sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I had to kill my own brother in a trial."
I sat on the bad and gave her a small grin and set 7 minutes in heaven on a loop.
I looked at the ceiling, "I love you dad,"