Heather Report I

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Up in the sky, Hiccup and Toothless were soaring at top speed as they made sharp turns around the island of Berk. "Yeah! Come on, bud! Here we go, buddy! Come on, Toothless! Yeah!" Hiccup cheered as they raced at their fastest.

Their flight was being monitored by the rest of the dragon riders on foot. "Here they come!" Astrid said to Fishlegs, Fishlegs, who was timing Hiccup and Toothless' flight, marked the sundial in front of him.

"Let's go!" Hiccup shouted as they nearly finished their course.

"Please be slower, please be slower." Hicca muttered, not wanting her brother and his dragon to be faster than her and Midnight. The female Night Fury was in agreement.

'If they beat our time, I'm not going to hear the end of it.' Midnight warbled.

"Yep! It's a new course record for him." Fishlegs noted.

Hiccup and Toothless finished their course and landed in the Academy. They looked at Fishlegs, awaiting the result.

"So? How'd we do?" Hiccup asked.

"Technically you're both still tied with Hicca and Midnight as the two fastest, but someone, and I won't mention who, is gaining significant ground." Fishlegs informed them.

The auburn haired twins were surprised by this.

"What?"

"Who?"

They turned to the Thorston twins, who were busy fighting each other again. They paused when they noticed the Haddock twins staring at them. "Not us!" Tuffnut said, before he continued fighting his sister.

Hiccup and Hicca then looked at their best human friend, Raeda. "Nope, still the fourth fastest." She admitted.

That left them with the only other person present in the Academy; Astrid. The smug look on the blonde girls' face confirmed their suspicions.

"Should have known." Hicca said.

"How can that be? How can Toothless and Midnight be getting slower?" Hiccup asked, turning to Fishlegs.

"They're not. Stormfly's getting faster." He answered.

"Oh, really?" Hiccup said, turning back to Astrid. "Is that so? Anything you'd like to share, Astrid?"

"Especially to your fellow Nadder rider." Raeda said.

"Let's just say I'm experimenting with what she eats. Apparently, it's working. And making you mad." Astrid explained, gesturing to Hiccup. Stormfly let out a burp.

"Looks like we're getting another competitor." Hicca said.

"And it looks like I need to start experimenting with Sparkfires' diet." Raeda said.

Suddenly, Snotlout and Hookfang flew into the Academy. "Whoo! Ha-ha! Whoo!" Snotlout shouted in excitement. "You will not believe what I just found!"

Tuffnut and Ruffnut started guessing.

"A severed head?"

"Our cousin, Lars?"

"Our cousin Lars' severed head?"

"Lars died?" Fishlegs asked in shock.

"Who said that?!" Tuffnut said, forgetting his previous guess.

"Um, hello? Do you guys want to see this, or not?" Snotlout asked.

The other teens got on their dragons and followed the Jorgenson boy to the beach where they saw a wrecked, upturned boat.