Georgina R (Hopper)

Where the fuck do I start with this girl? Ah Grade 5 - that's where I'll start. Not only did we both start school that year, but I was unfortunately put into the same house as you. I don't even remember how it started, we just instantly hated each other. Maybe because I knew you were a snake from day one. Your 10-year-old self NEEDED to be apart of the cool kid group because god forbid you talk to anyone else (me) who wasn't "cool". You didn't even know me, but you had the nerve to ignore me even when we got partnered together. You were a bitch even when you were 10. But you know what, I couldn't have cared less that I "wasn't worth your time". What I cared about was how you made your way through every group there was in our cohort (hence my self-assigned nickname: Hopper), until one day you decided you wanted to be in my group in Grade 7.

I KNOW that you didn't want to be friends with me - you just liked my friend and probably would have been happy to steal her from me. But you'll find that my friends are so damn loyal and she would never have abandoned me for you. But you know what was interesting? You still decided to stay even with me in the group. And I completely get it - you can be nice, like REALLY nice, almost in a captivating way. Kinda like a snake before it bites. And let's be honest, you bit pretty hard when my friend left for another school at the end of Primary School. I didn't really know that many people back then, but I thought it was going to be okay because I knew you. WRONG. Instead you acted like you didn't even know me and when I asked if you wanted to eat lunch together, you said and I quote, "Why? It's not like we're friends".

Ouch. Fuck you too. But all was fine because you know what? I'm actually pretty good at finding friends who are loyal (shout out to my lovely bestfriend). And we had a decent friend group for about a year and a half before you decided to hop on back to my group again. I read this quote ages ago and omfg when I read it, it reminded me of you: "You taught me why hurricanes are named after people,'' because you came into our group and destroyed everything. I don't even know how you did it but you walked in and split our group in half: 50% that liked you and the 50% (like me) that couldn't stand you.

You took innocent Jess and Erica away from us, you made Lucy and Sabrina move groups, and you left the rest of us wondering what the fuck just happened. I'll admit, I only went with you because I wanted to show Jess and Erica how much of a two-faced bitch you could be. But you were nice to them like you were nice to me... And for a while I became apart of your group. You even brought in other girls in our grade, and maybe without you I wouldn't have met Alana or Laura - two really good people. You even brought in Georgina L - which I thought was really nice considering she was having a hard time fitting in. But let's be honest, you're only nice when it benefits you. This was the moment I realised who you truly were; when you would mess with Georgina for fun. Degrading her by calling her "The Lid" was probably the first indicator that I should've left. But seeing you tell her where we were having lunch, then getting us to hide so that she couldn't see us, just to watch her as she tried to look for us. She looked so flustered just walking around aimlessly. And the saddest part was that she wiped her eyes like she was crying before she took off.

I think you realised in that moment that I was never going to be your friend considering I was the only one that kept saying we should stop. But you and then followed by everyone else kept saying "it's just a joke". If you could make my friends take part in something that horrible, then there was obviously no way that I could have ever changed their minds about you. So I left saying that I had to get dressed for a sport that I didn't have that day, and refound what was left of my group.

So I guess I have to thank you for sending me back to my real friends. And honestly, I wish that was the last time I had to deal with you – but unfortunately I'm not that lucky. My bestfriend and I still had to endure your complaining at basketball training about how you were not picked to be on the A team. Well, I can answer that: you're shit at basketball. But not only that, you're a shit person. Those rare days when you were "forced" to sit at the same table as me in Religion class - without getting up and walking to another table – really just confirmed what I had known all along. Who talks shit about their best friends behind their backs? You, apparently. I had to sit through 50 minutes listening to you bitch about how annoying Jess, Alana and Laura were. That's just fucking rude. The only reason I didn't tell them that you were bitching about them, was because I don't like starting drama – I learnt that lesson the hard way in Primary School. Instead, I waited for them to realise on their own what you were doing. And omfg was it Karma when Jess, Alana and Laura left you to become a part of our group in Senior year.

And as such, you lost your friendship with Jess, Alana and Laura and from what I see on facebook, you and Erica are no longer pals. So I just wanted you to know that you're the reason why you'll never have loyal friends like I do.

While I didn't have as long a history with you, I knew you were always a massive bitch. I can't think of a time that I thought you weren't that bad because you always were. I will always be satisfied from the whole Metal-Water-Bottle drama - not because I got away with giving the finger but because you got a detention,when Tori, Emily and I were the ones behind it. I wish I could say that it taught you not to be a bitch but alas that was not the case. Overall, you still are a bitch and will eventually find out what the price is for being one.