Our Family Plus Two

"Daddy...?" Mikey awoke from his thoughts, lying on the apartment couch softly. He turned his head to see two Turtles. The boy had freckles, black hair, and Chestnut Brown eyes, while the girl had a splotch on her left eye and Baby Blue orbs. Both were wearing Bright Orange bandannas. Mikey smiled at the two, sitting up slightly. "Yes, Thunder?" The 22-year-old Turtle calmly asked. The 4-year-old boy shuffled his feet nervously, shyness growing over him. Mikey chuckled inwardly. "What were you thinking about?" Lightning asked curiously. Mikey's smile grew slightly. Mikey hugged the kids gingerly, earning a surprised squeak from his son. The girl giggled before nuzzling her Father gently. Mikey took a deep breath, calmness entering the living room once more. "Well, kids, I was thinking about how your Mother and I met." Mikey stated proudly. The two 4-year-olds looked at their Father with keen interest, neither making a sound. Mikey chuckled before lifting them up and sitting them on his lap. Once seated, Lightning was the first to break out of her trance. "Do we get to know how you two met?" Lightning asked sweetly. Mikey bit his cheek softly before replying. "Sorry, little ones, but your Mother and I agreed to tell you at a later time..." Mikey stated softly. "Awww!" The two kids whined. Mikey held back another chuckle.

Suddenly, Mikey felt a new energy in the room. He knew who they were, but he decided to play along. "Hey, Kids," Mikey began playfully, making sure that he didn't ruin the surprise. Lightning and Thunder looked at their Father confused. Mikey began to grin. "Remember how I said I would train you soon?" Mikey asked as calmly as he could. The children gasped before nodding their heads excitedly. Mikey's grin grew wider. "Good; Let's start by tracking energy." Mikey stated admiringly. Mikey felt something shift above him, but he kept his gaze on the excited children. They nodded again before holding each other's hands. Closing their eyes, Mikey tapped their shells gently, causing them to see around them. There, on the ceiling with looks of panic, hung Uncles Leo, Raph, and Donnie. The two kids giggled at their Uncles, causing the three Turtles to look down at the kids with confusion. When the two opened their eyes, they heard a familiar, silky voice. "What are you three up to?" The voice asked gently. Mikey, Lightning, and Thunder looked towards the hallway to see Nora. She was wearing one of her maternal dresses, since she couldn't buy clothes herself. Thunder gasped excitedly, while Lightning smiled brightly. "Momma!" Thunder yelled before hopping off of his Father and running towards his Mother. Nora knelt down before lifting the boy in the air, both giggling. Mikey and Lightning chuckled before Lightning nuzzled her Father again. Mikey looked down to see that she was having trouble breathing. Mikey smiled worriedly before grabbing her inhaler. "Here you go. As for you three," Mikey began while standing up, having given his daughter her inhaler. Lightning used it gingerly before looking up at her Uncles. The three had looks of shock and confusion. Mikey chuckled again before the three landed on the floor.

"Okay, how come you guys didn't dive too deep into energy tracking again?" Mikey playfully asked, scoring a victory smirk at his Brothers. Leo and Raph sighed while Donnie chuckled softly. "I guess we thought we didn't need it..." Donnie stated sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck. Mikey rolled his eyes. Then, he looked at his kids with determination glistening in his eyes. "Remember, kids; Ninjas always come prepared!" Mikey wisely stated, earning the "I knew it" looks from his Brothers. The two kids nodded their heads in understanding before giggling. Raph rolled his eyes. "Okay, Mikey. How long did it take ya to master it?" Raph asked calmly, unaware of the "Seriously" looks Leo and Donnie were giving him. Mikey chuckled at his Brother before answering. "Splinter did say that I have raw talent. It only took me a day, while it would take you, at most, a year." Mikey states coolly. Leo and Raph's jaws dropped. Donnie bit his cheek slightly. 'Goodness...' Donnie thought dumbfounded.

Donnie sighed before picking up a box. The kids looked at him confused. "What's that, Uncle D?" Thunder asked softly, making sure he didn't avert eye contact. Donnie chuckled before walking to the couch. "How about you and your Sister come here and find out?" Donnie asked playfully, earning proud looks from Leo and Raph. Nora gave Mikey a confused smile before the Couple set Lightning and Thunder down. The two calmly walked towards their Uncle, a smile written on his face. 'I wonder what it is?' The two children thought in unison. Once they stood in front of Donnie, Donnie pulled out a nunchuck. The two squeaked excitedly before Leo and Raph chuckled. Nora walked over to Mikey and hugged him, earning his hand on her waist. Nora nuzzled her head in the crook of his neck, smiling at their children. Once Donnie took out the nunchucks and Mini Scythes, he looked up at the twins before him. "Now, who wants the Mini Scythes?" Donnie asked calmly, earning worried glances from Mikey and Nora. Thunder pointed towards his Sister, knowing that she likes sharp objects. Lightning saw this and giggled, earning a smile from Donnie. "Okay! Let's carve your names into your weapons." Donnie stated casually.

Leo and Raph chuckled when they saw the "really" looks on Mikey and Nora. After carving the names into the kids' weapons, Donnie looked over to see said looks. Donnie chuckled nervously before placing everything in the box. When Donnie faced the kids, they had looks of understanding in their eyes. "Seems like your parents don't want you to have these, yet." Donnie stated sheepishly. Lightning and Thunder giggled at their Uncle before nodding their heads. Everyone began to laugh all together. 'So far,' Mikey and Nora thought. 'This is the beginning of our Happily Ever After...' They thought in unison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't know why, but I procrastinated while making this! I love reading and writing, but wow, did this take forever! I am SO sorry for that! I do hope you liked reading this, though the last chapter was short. Also, in the Chapter "The Fight to save a Life", the guys were able to hear Mikey because his door was damaged. In the chapter "After the First Encounter", Splinter thought it was a good thing that Mikey's walls were soundproof. Now, when Mikey's door/walls are damaged, people are able to hear the inside of the room. I know some parts were just cheesy or didn't add up to Mikey himself, but I wanted to add more... Unique details to my story; "The Battle of the Foot" is a good example of the uniqueness. I still hope you liked this story, though! Sorry, again, that it took me forever; I had to finish the chapters and the pictures while I am working on another story. Have a good Day/Night! :3