Chapter 4

Silentkit sneaked behind Nighfeather, her body pressed onto the ground. The grass blades scratched and itched at the little kit's belly. Her mother was moving fast, a sign that she wanted her precious kit back. Hawkfire was at the end, looking out for any trouble. At least Silentkit was able to sneak past her. The travelers suddenly stopped to hear the horrid howls of the wolves. Silentkit shivered, but didn't dare to get herself seen by Nightfeather. When they figured out that it was safe, the five ThunderClan cats kept moving toward their wanted destination.
It seemed like they traveled for moons, but Silentkit kept following, looking at the beautiful dawn bloom over the two mountains that were east of them. Silentkit remembered the stories that all the elders had told her and the other kits about, that the Tribe cats live on the mountains, and how Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather came to rescue them from other dangerous wild cats. And how Brambleclaw, Squirrelflight, Tawnypelt, Crowfeather, Feathertail, and Stormfur followed Midnight to the Tribe.
Finally, the five cats rested for some more energy. Silentkit heard a voice finally speak from the long trek. "We have to stop more often, Nightfeather," he started. "You're walking too fast, we can't catch up." Silentkit scooted up closer so she can see who was talking. Nightfeather whipped her head around to shoot a warning glance at the tom who spoke. "Mudpelt! It's about time you were an elder! You were already old enough to be one when I was a kit! You're so, just so.....lazy!!" She exclaimed. Silentkit had never seen her mother so violent before. Mudpelt growled. "You see these battle scars? Do you? I fought for many moons, serving my Clan as a warrior! And, huh, and even a queen calls me lazy!" Nightfeather unsheathed her claws and quickly stood up, neck furs bristling.
"It's a miracle from StarClan to have my precious kits! Yes, I see your battle scars, because you're so dumb, you couldn't even protect yourself from even a kittypet!!" Mudpelt's eyes turned bank white, his puples turning into skinny slits as he slowly got up to face Nightfeather. "You wanna go, queen? Do you?"
"ENOUGH!!"
Nightfeather and Mudpelt stiffened as Metalclaw stood in between them, fur bristling. "We stopped to relax, not to fight!" Nightfeather sat down, and so did Mudpelt. After a while, Hawkfire spoke. "I'll go hunting. After we eat, then we can get started again."
Oh no! Silentkit exclaimed in her head. How am I supposed to get prey, or even milk, from them, without getting spotted? She shook her head. Maybe I should just let myself be seen. Besides, it's too far to go back home again.
Hawkfire finally came back, with three squirrels and a mouse hanging from her jaws. Silentkit's mouth watered. Without thinking, she pounced forward at were Hawkfire placed the prey, and grabbed the mouse. She heard Nightfeather gasp, and felt herself being picked up by the scruff of her neck. "Silentkit?!" Metalclaw exclaimed. "How....how?" Silentkit looked down at her dangling paws. She looked over to see Mudpelt laughing as hard as he could. "What a little warrior!" He chuckled. "She followed us all the way! What a little warrior!" But still, that didn't make Nightfeather so happy. "You should've stayed home!" She yelled. Then she hesitated. "We all should've stayed home, back at our old territory!" She dropped her kit. Hawkfire smiled. "Little Silentkit wanted to see her sister." Nightfeather got up. "C'mon," she said. "We have to go." As everybody got up, Silentkit spotted a little pond. Water! She nudged Mudpelt, forcing him to look. "Hey, guys!" He yelled. "Water!" Metalclaw ran towards the pond, dipping his head inside, to feel the coolness of the water. "Ahhh,"
After they got their fill of water, the three warriors, a queen, and a kit started their trek to their old home, as the day arose.