Chapter 3

Dawn spread out over the horizon, shining on the morning dew on the grass blades. Birds chirped happily for the new time of New-Leaf. Precious purple flowers bloomed across the plains, going on, and on forever. The sun shimmered through the green leaves of the beautiful trees. Silentkit smelt the wonderful smell of this pretty new place, for she only been in ThunderClan's camp before, but now its ShadowClan's territory.

Winterheart stopped. "Lets rest here. Not longer until the Moonpool now. We can't forget Moonfoot." Everybody lied down, enjoying there relaxation in the cool breeze, from the long trek. Only Nightfeather stood up, but she was breathing hard, looking down at her paws. "Cloudpaw." She whispered. "We can't forget her." Silentkit saw Stormwhisker walk up to her mother. "Its okay." He said. Nightfeather glared at the medicine cat. "No!" She snapped. "We didn't burry her, we didn't show honor that we loved her!" Silentkit just watched what Stormwhisker would do. Winterheart softly walked to Nighfeather. "But we can't go back now. Besides, its ShadowClan's territory." She said. Nightfeather looked at the deputy. "But...she....died. Because of ShadowClan! I'll go back myself if I have to!" Stormwhisker sat back down. But Winterheart still faced Silentkit's mother. "Fine. I will send three warriors with you tonight. Applewhisker will take care of Silentkit. We will stay here for four days waiting for you. If you do not come back in four days, then we will have to move on. Tonight you will start moving."

Silentkit heard this. Yes! She thought. Nightfeather is going back to get Cloudpaw's body to bury her! That's the perfect time when I can sneak out to go with them so I can see Cloudpaw! Silentkit smiled. After a little while, Winterheart called a hunting patrol. "Metalclaw, Cinderpaw, Shadepaw, and Bouncefire, for the hunting patrol." She yelled. After they left, one of the kits bounced up to Silentkit. "You wanna meet the rest of StormClan?" Echokit asked. Silentkit hesitated. She hasn't really recovered yet, from the claw wound of Tornjaw, and the long trek. Stromwhisker had said to Silentkit to keep slow and calm, and to not get that excited, or jumpy. Silentkit slowly nodded, and got up. "C'mon!" Falconkit said happily.

"This is Sunflame." Echokit said. Snakekit hopped up. "This is Silvermist." He said. Silvermist smiled. "Hello, Silentkit, nice t'meet you!" She said. Falconkit bumped into a dark brown tom with flashes of yellow among his pelt. "Thunderstrike, of course, the most popular male warrior in StormClan." He said proudly. Thunderstrike smiled a crooked smile. "Hey, Silentkit." He said, his handsome voice ringing in the kit's ears. Silentkit closed her eyes and smiled. She was leaning forward to Thunderstrike, and lost her balance, fell face first to the ground. Thunderstrike helped Silentkit up. "Next is Dragonfire, ThunderClan's only elder." Echokit said. Silentkit dipped her head. "This is Wolfpaw." Falconkit said. Wolfpaw smiled, bending over and rubbing Silentkit's muzzle. "Hi, Silentkit." He greeted. Silentkit smiled, relaxing as she felt Wolfpaw's soft grey fur against her.

After she met all the ThunderClan cats--except for the hunting patrol--she and the kits started gathering feathers and moss for bedding. Once they were all done, Silentkit curled up and fell asleep.
**********
The hunting patrol came back, most of them were stiffened up by shock. Winterheart walked towards them, asking what them of what they saw. Silentkit yawned and spotted Shadepaw shaking as he told the story.
"So--we were hunting--and we saw this HUGE furry animal, with hooves and horns. We saw dark-skinned twolegs riding on their horses with their own weapons trying to kill it, but they all died, with the big furry animal running straight towards us! And the twolegs were not heavy pelted like the ones in the twoleg-place back at home, they were exposed more. And they all had long black fur on the top of their heads. But still, it was very scarry!"
Silentkit felt a frosty shiver run through her back. She saw Winterheart cock her head. "I think I heard of those weird creatures." She said. "Only the ancient cats named them. They're called buffalo, or bison." She finished, while the rest of the hunting patrol dropped their prey in the new fresh-kill pile. Silentkit shivered and dared to get up. She shakily picked up a tiny mouse and sat down near Wolfpaw. The only good thing so far was that Wolfpaw was in a happy mood. "Hi, Silentkit!" He greeted. Silentkit dipped her head before she started eating. Once she finished, she heard Wolfpaw and the others gasp at something. She turned her head. "Moonfoot!" Bouncefire exclaimed. Moonfoot dipped her head, smiling. "Moonstar," she corrected. Now every ThunderClan cat got up and welcomed Moonstar. Suddenly the new leader frowned. "Why aren't we in our own territory?" She asked, bringing up the terrible subject. Winterheart and some other warriors started explaining what had happened in the last two days. Silentkit saw her one-eyed mother speak up about Cloudpaw and that she was going back tonight to get her beloved sister. Moonstar nodded, finally understanding. "I will choose Mudpelt, Metalclaw, and Hawkfire. Two experinced fighters and one excellent hunter." Silentkit spotted Wolfpaw as he spoke up. "Since Mudpelt is my mentor, who will train me in the next four days?" He asked the ThunderClan leader. "I will choose later. First we have to get used to this new environment, then we will focus on the regular tasks."

The night was filled with shining stars, and Silentkit closed her eyes as she felt the soft breeze blow across the field. Moonstar was standing on a tall rock, her crispy blue eyes sparkling and her black pelt turning wispy silver as the half moon shone brightly on her.
"Cats of ThunderClan!" She exclaimed. "Every cat old enough to catch their own prey gather here for a Clan meeting!"
Silentkit saw Echokit, Snakekit, and Falconkit run below the rock. She spotted Applewhisker chasing after her own kits. All the other warriors sat down calmly. Moonstar waited until everybody was quiet.
"As we all know, every ThunderClan warrior fought their best against ShadowClan, but wasn't able to save all lives." She paused and glanced at Nightfeather. "Anyway, we had found this beautiful new place, which will be our own home until the next full moon." A couple of warriors whispered their thoughts. "We, ThunderClan, will return to our old territory to win it back from ShadowClan after the Gathering. We will participate at the Gathering, like we always did. Because no Clan can ban us from our home!" The camp arose with the sound of cheers. Moonfoot flicked her tail to stop the noise. "Tonight, Nightwhisker, Metalclaw, Mudpelt, and Hawkfire will travel back to ShadowClan's territory to spy on them, and......to get Nightwhisker lost kit. This is the time to say good luck to the four travelers for four days. Meeting ended."
No, Silentkit thought. This is the time to say good luck to five travelers........