21 ★ The blues

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕃𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕟 𝕊𝕠𝕟𝕘 - 𝕃𝕖𝕕 ℤ𝕖𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕟

"Every time I go away and leave you darling

You send me the blues right down the line"

Hendrix POV

     When I clatter off the bus, I'm already a human popsicle.

      The snow is coming down hard. It's like a blizzard. I'm an absolute crazy person to be out today of all days. Maybe I am crazy. It wouldn't surprise me at this point. I've lost my mind.

     Public transportation is my only feasible option. It's not like I can ride my bike when it's pouring snow everywhere you look, and I can't very well ask Miranda or Stacey for a ride. I'm still mad at them. Well, I'm not mad, but we aren't talking still so that would be a little weird. I have my pride.

     Even though I don't look too prideful since I can hardly walk down the sidewalk. I'm bundled up like a marshmallow.

     The only reason I'm out and about is because I'm in desperate need to see Cedric. The few days of not being near him have been too much for me to handle. They've taken their toll. I want to see him. Touch him. Kiss him.

    I still get a little giddy sometimes when I think about him. I feel like a kid with a big old crush. It's past crush at this point though, we're basically together. At least, I think so. I don't want to assume anything if he doesn't feel the same way about me.

     Depressing thoughts creep in when I consider what would happen if he doesn't reciprocate the feelings I have for him. I can't think about that.

     I guess we'll just play it by ear. At times, I can't wait to see what happens. Other times, however, I dread the day when we'll have to face that. It could all come crumbling down.

    Going down the hallway towards his classroom, I feel like I'm waddling instead of walking. I try to speed up, I'm so excited to see Cherry I can almost taste him. I'm like a fat penguin making my way to the ocean with glee.

     That's when I'm met with an unwanted surprise. I stop in my tracks as Savannah struts down the hall towards me, the sound of Cedric's door closing behind her and then her heels clicking on the tile floor.

     She doesn't even have to try to look as gorgeous as she is. She's naturally flawless. Her tan skin shimmers, her creamy eyes lazy and intelligent.

     Looking at her, you would guess she has absolutely no problems.

     When she spots me, she doesn't stop. She just raises her eyebrows in scrutiny as she keeps putting one long leg in front of the other.

     Cedric's friend isn't exactly dressed for the weather. She wears a camisole top and skin tight jeans, topped off with a pair of black high heels. A killer, boss lady outfit. An outfit that I wouldn't be able to pull off the way she does.

     I can't compare to her at all, I realize. Even at my best. My heart sinks.

     "Hi, Hendrix. How are you?" She asks me, and she actually makes it sound like she cares. Savannah flips her curtain of shiny black hair back over her shoulder, standing high above me in her mighty picture of shiny perfection.