18 ★ First date

𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝔻𝕒𝕥𝕖 - 𝔹𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕜-𝟙𝟠𝟚

"When you smile,

I melt inside

I'm not worthy of a minute of your time."

Hendrix POV

     The wind blows through my hair like a tornado, and since I'm very acquainted with my untamed hair, I know I'll be ripping tangles out of it most of the night. I can't help thinking that it's somehow worth it. The night air, the smooth breeze, the open road. It's all breathtaking.

     Though sometimes I find it hard to concentrate with Cedric's strong arms caging me in, his rough hands on top of mine.

     As soon as I found out what a rush it is to be a passenger on a motorcycle, I didn't ever want to get off.

     It's amazing. Freeing. Pure bliss. And the best part of it is that I'm spending time with Cedric too. Frozen yogurt, a thrilling ride through the dark. I don't want this night to end.

     But, all good things must come to an end eventually. And that's exactly what happens when Cedric pulls up to my apartment building in the star light. I mourn the loss of the purring bike when he shuts it off, leaving us in the cold night with nothing but silence to listen to.

     Neither of us say anything, and I end up pulling a risky move. Swinging one of my legs over the seat, I turn myself around until I'm facing Cedric while I'm straddling the motorcycle. I stare up into his glowing eyes. They're almost eerie, but so beautiful.

     I can't believe he has red eyes. It's crazy. I don't know how it's possible, but I try not to question it. Cedric is a miracle, his eyes are a miracle. That's all I need to know.

     Those crimson orbs are like sparkling garnets. I don't know how he can be ashamed of them, or how on earth anyone could be afraid of them.

     People are wusses.

     They're the most perfect set of eyes I've ever seen. I could stare at them for hours.

     "I don't really want to go inside." I inform him, tilting my head and grinning mischievously. Cedric nods his agreement, removing my helmet and tucking a few loose strands of hair out of my face.

     "I don't really want you to either." He admits, an echo of a smile on his handsome face. I bite my lip impatiently. Looking at him is hard when I can't kiss him. He hasn't kissed me yet. Why hasn't he? There have been plenty of opportunities for him to take.

     Maybe my theory of my annoying disposition is true. I sure hope not.

     I can't be wrong. I just can't. The signals he's sending me, they all lead back to him liking me. The facts don't lie. The only thing making me doubt his attraction to me is myself, and all of this self deprecation.

     My biggest enemy in this situation is myself. If I don't take a chance, if I don't put myself on the line, then I might be stuck wondering what if.

     I hate what ifs. They drive me crazy. Daydreaming about what could've been is something I've struggled with for way too long. My whole childhood was filled with restless nights, my head brimming with what ifs.

     I don't want this to be one of those things that I look back and wonder what could have happened if I'd been woman enough to go after what I want.