The Nightmares

After dinner we talked a little and Kakashi helped me settle into his spare bedroom. He even gave me one of his t-shirts because I didn't have any clothes besides the ones I was wearing. It was quite big and comfy so I didn't mind it at all.

I couldn't sleep so I decided to borrow one of Kakashis books. I really do like to read, but currently I was more hoping that it would help me fall asleep.

I managed to read almost four chapters until I heard something from the room next to mine. It was Kakashi and he seemed distressed from the sound of it.

I couldn't bare to do nothing. I wanted to help him. I put the book down on a bedside table next to my bed and left for kakashis room.

When I was about to open his door I shut my eyes, but opened them almost right away remembering ehat he told me "If you need anything or if anything happens don't hesitate to wake me up. Oh and you don't have to cover your eyes. I sleep with my mask on."

I opened the door quietly. My assumptions were correct, it seemed like Kakashi was having a nightmare, and a really bad one at that.

For a moment I was unsure of what I should do. I had two choices. One was to wake him up and the other was to try and calm him down without waking him up.

I ended up going with the second option or at least I was planning on trying that one first.

At first I walked to the side of his bed, slightly sat on the edge and gently caressed one of his hands hoping that it would do the trick, but surprise surprise it didn't work.

His condition got worse and I got even more worried. If anyone has had their fair share of nightmares it was me after all.

For a few seconds there I stopped thinking and just did what I felt was needed.

I lied down right next to him. I cradled him tenderly in my arms. Kakashi almost immediately reacted to what I did. He started clawing at my back. It was a little painful, but I endured it.

For a second there I was sure that he had woken up, but the suspicion faded away pretty fast.

After a little while of clawing at my back Kakashi slowly stopped the painful notion and started holding me tightly in his strong arms.

It felt nice, but why? I told myself that it felt nice because I seemed to have help him.

He didn't let me go for as long as I could remember. At some point I dosed off as well. It was the first time in my life that I actually had a good nights sleep.

Kakashi's point of view

I was slowly starting to wake up when I noticed that there was something or rather someone in my arms.

I opened my eye in shock, but then I saw who it was. It was (y/n) wearing only my t-shirt and underwear.

I blushed and tried to figure out why she was here and wearing close to nothing.

One thought rushed through my mind multiple times. Did... Did we do something?

No! That's not possible. I'd remember that, right? Unless... She drugged me. She did make dinner last night. No, I doubt it. She wouldn't do that, right?

I decided to carefully get up so I wouldn't wake (y/n), but the exact moment that I woke up I heard "Good morning Kakashi."

(y/n)'s point of view

I greeted Kakashi right as I woke up. For a second there I forgot why I was in his bedroom to begin with, but soon I remembered.

I must have fallen asleep. I was quite embarrassed about that fact.

So was Kakashi understandably. "What are you doing in here (y/n)?"

I didn't know what to answer him. I could tell the truth, but I could also come up with a believable lie.

Before I managed to figure out what to say Kakashi started again, his voice still a little raspy from just waking up. "I'm waiting."

"You see..." I was about to lie, but changed my mind at the last minute. I sighed "I couldn't sleep last night."

"Why didn't you just tell me?"

That's not all. "Well, ummm... You said that I should get a good nights sleep because of the mission and that's exactly why I didn't want to wake you."

Kakashi was getting even more confused "Then why did you come in here?"

"Because it sounded like you were having a nightmare."

This time he was shocked at my response "What?"

I just sat there kind of sad and looking downwards.

A moment later I felt the familiar arms in which I slept tonight wrap around me once again. Kakashi hugged me.

"Thank you! But you don't have to do all of this. I wanted you to come live with me because I wanted to help not because I wanted to get something out of this for myself."

I was still a little sad, but a small smile was slowly creeping on my face. "That's not at all why I did it Kakashi. Yes, I do feel like I owe you, but... I did it because I care about you. You're the only person I know I can trust. And I know how horrible nightmares can be."

Kakashi looked in my eyes. "Thank you for trusting me. And whenever you want to talk about your nightmares or anything else I'll be here for you."

A few tears left my eyes and I roughly hugged Kakashi once again. I didn't want to let go, but... I knew that a day would come that he'd leave me as well or at least change his opinion on me. That's what always happens after all...