The Village Hidden In The Heavens

On our way back to Konoha, I noticed a village that seemed surprisingly familiar, but I couldn't exactly put my finger on it.

"Ummm, Kakashi?"

Usually I was right next Kakashi because I trusted him the most, but this time I was too focused on the familiar looking village and I fell behind because of it.

Kakashi stopped in his tracks when he heard me speaking and looked over at me." Hm?"

I pointed at thr village that I was so obviously staring at. I couldn't take my eyes off it. "What's that?"

He chuckled a little. I guess my sudden interest in our surroundings amused him. "That's the village hidden in the heavens."

That's when it hit me. Of course it seems familiar to me. I've been there before!

Naruto was a little confused by Kakashi's answer though. "The village hidden in the heavens? Why is it called like that? I mean you'd think something called like that would be on top of a very tall mountain or something like that."

Sakura sighed. "No Naruto. It's called like that because of a legend."

Naruto got excited. "A legend? What legend?"

Sakura was a little surprised. "You really don't know about that legend. It's like THE legend. Also why the people in that village are considered crazy and or dangerous."

Naruto was now super excited. "Someone please tell me the legend! I really really want to know!! Please oh please oh please!!"

Naruto came begging to all of us.

Finally Kakashi decided to tell him, and me for that matter. I've never really heard of the legend. I mean I know why it's called like it, but I never knew that there was a legend about it.

" Well... That village supposedly has contact with heaven and or this mysterious royal family. There castle is rumored to be near the village, but no one has ever found it."

Naruto really liked the legend. "Really? That's awesome! Kakashi sensei? Can we please go to that village? I really want to see if the legend is true for myself."

Sakura was about to say something, but I interrupted her. "Sure, that sounds fun! Can we... Kakashi sensei?" I said the last part a little mockingly. Not in a rude way though.

Apparently what I said caught him off guard and he was just staring at me silently.

I smirked and started walking towards the village. " Thanks Kakashi."

"Wh... What?"

I looked over at him for a second and gave him a closed eyed smile. "Well silence does mean agreement after all."

He sighed and started walking towards the village with me and our two teammates.

Finally we arrived at the village hidden in the heavens.

Oh shit! How could I forget! Before anyone in the village saw me, I quickly snatched one of Kakashi's masks out of his bag and put it on.

Kakashi questioned my actions and tried to take the mask back. "What do you think you're doing?"

We fought for the mask for a little while, until I managed to knock him down to the ground, but he pulled me down with him. I was lying right on top of him and my heart started racing again... And... And so did his? What's going on?

Before I could finish my thought Kakashi quickly switched our positions. Now he was on top of me and he was holding my hands down on the floor so I couldn't fight back and or escape. There was a few seconds of silence between the two of us until he finally spoke. "Now will you be so kind and give me my mask back?"