Moving In

Our lunch was delicious and we had quite a nice conversation as well.

After lunch we went back to the training grounds to train a little more, Kakashi said that it would be a good idea considering that we had a mission the next day.

When we were finished with the training it was already almost dark outside and Kakashi told me to go home and rest before tomorrow.

I sort of listened to him. I started going towards the forest because I was more than sure that I would a nice tree or something to spend the night at. But Kakashi stopped me.

"Where are you going? I thought I just told you that you need to go home and rest."

I was kind of nervous to tell him the truth, but I didn't really have another choice. "Well... Ummm... You see... I don't really have a home so... I was planning on staying the night in the forest."

"Is that what you did yesterday as well?"

"Not exactly... I was actually here. Training."

He sighed "I see. Honestly I'm not that surprised."

I didn't know what else to say to him so I started walking towards the forest again, but he stopped me again.

"In that case you're coming with me."

"Wh... What!"

"I mean you'll be staying with me. At least for the time being."

I was speechless. "But... But..."

"It wasn't a question (y/n). I can't just leave you like this, besides I have a spare bedroom at my house and don't worry about 'bothering' me because I wouldn't mind the company."

And with that he gave me one of his famous closed eyed smile.

I was still speechless so I just gave him a simple nod.

We started walking to his place because I didn't really have any things that I had to get.

Finally we made it to a small house. Kakashi opened the door and gestured me to go in. I blushed a little and stepped inside.

The house was beautiful and super clean. When I came back to my senses from admiring the beautiful house I immediately took off my shoes.

Kakashi responded to my polite manner and chuckled a little. "You know, for a girl who doesn't have a home you have really good manners."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I may not have a home, but I do have some manners you know."

He chuckled a little more at my somewhat sassy response.

"You hungry?"

Honesty I was a little, but I didn't want to be more of a burden to him than I already was. "Oh no, not really."

"Well if you change your mind just let me know, okay? I'm going to go make some dinner."

He then started moving towards the kitchen, but stopped as my stomach growled.

He smiled victoriously and started walking towards the kitchen again.
"So you are hungry after all, aren't you?"

This time I ran to him and took his hand to stop him from going any further. "No! Don't! At least let me prepare dinner!"

Kakashi was surprised by my request. "What? Don't worry about it. It's not necessary."

I quickly replied to his statement "It is, at least for me. Please!"

There were a few moments of silence, I was still holding his hand and we were both looking deeply into each others eyes trying to understand exactly what the other person was thinking.

"Fine, but..."

I immediately hugged him without even letting him finish what he was about to say. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!"

Kakashi chuckled a little at how energetic and happy he suddenly made me. "Okay okay. Now what I was trying to say is that I'll show you where everything is and I'll still help you."

"No! Please let me do this for you! It's the least I could do! And if I'm going to stay with you I might as well be useful."

"I don't know..."

This time I gave him a closed eyed smile. "It's not up for arguing. Just like you didn't give me a choice before I'm not giving you one either."

He sighed "Well okay then, I guess that's fair."

I hugged him once again and started walking towards the kitchen with a victorious smile. "Then it's settled. I'll call you when dinner is ready."

It was hard to choose what to make, but in the end I decided on something I figured Kakashi hadn't tried before.

I ended up making lasagna and on the side little cauliflower filler triangular pockets.. And for dessert lava cake with peppermint ice-cream and strawberries.

For some of the ingredients I had to make a quick trip to the store and with some I had to improvise a little.

Kakashi was a little confused about some of the things I said that I needed, but ended up listening to me nevertheless.

When the main part of dinner was ready I put the lava cakes into the oven.

I put the plates ready for the both of us and honestly at this point I was really nervous. I don't know why, but I really wanted him to like my food. Then I called Kakashi to the kitchen. "Kakashi! Dinner is ready!"

He yelled back "Be right there!"

It took him a minute, but then he finally managed to get to the kitchen. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. His hairwas wet and instead of his usual shirt and vest he was wearing a black sleeveless top through what you could see in what good shape the guy really was.

"Sorry for the wait. I had a quick shover."

That explained the wet hair, but for some unknown reason I was speechless and I still couldn't take my eyes off him.

Pretty soon Kakashi somewhat noticed my strange behavior. He had a worried look on his masked face and started walking towards me.

He put his hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong? Is everything okay?"

Thanks to that I snapped out of whatever that was. I turned my face away from him and blushed. I tried to cover up whatever strangeness happened to me. "Oh it's nothing. I guess I'm just worried about how you'll like the food I made."

It wasn't entirely a lie. I was worried about that.

Kakashi chuckled a little. "Oh? Is that all? I was starting to get worried."

For some reason that made my heart beat even faster than it already was. He's actually worried about me? For some reason the mere thought of that made me smile.

We both sat down, but neither of us ate. It was kind of awkward. Kakashi with his mask and me not wanting to eat alone.

Then it hit me. I pulled my leaf headband down a bit to cover my eyes.

"What are you doing?"

"Now you can eat peacefully." I responded with a smile.

"No! Don't do that. It'll be harder for you to eat like that." I could hear it in his voice. He was legitimately worried.

My smile grew wider. "Oh don't worry. I've learned how to manage without my eyesight so you really don't have to worry about it."

"If you say so, but when you feel even the slightest bit uncomfortable please let me know."

"Sure, that's fine by me."

We both enjoyed the meal I had prepared for the both of us, even the dessert. For a guy who doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, he enjoyed the dessert a lot.