The Promise

After a long day(and night) of training with Kakashi and Tenzo, I managed to learn the shadow clone jutsu and since apparently, I had a lot of chakra we managed to speed up the training process. Kakashi taught me water style while Tenzo taught earth style. And after all that hard work I actually managed to learn wood style, which surprised both of the guys who were teaching me. Something about it being impossible or whatever.

When I finally learnt it I hugged both of them out of pure joy and we headed to the Hokage's office because apparently, that doctor was the current Hokage.

She still refused to believe me. She thought that I might be one of Orochimaru's test subjects, but I wasn't.

I couldn't convince her of it because there's no way I could have told her the whole truth about me because she wouldn't have believed it anyway.

When we started to leave she called out to Kakashi, she wanted to speak with him alone.

Tenzo and I, we went outside as Kakashi was left in that room alone with Tsunade.

"What is it lady Hokage?"

Tsunade started questioning Kakashi "How did the training go? Did you find anything out about her? Did she lie about anything else as well?"

"It was interesting for sure. She definitely hasn't learned anything related to being a ninja before that's for sure, but..."

"But what?"

"She has great potential," Kakashi answered leaving out a few details, but he wasn't sure why.

Tsunade irritatedly blurted "Fine. Since you're so fond of her and your team is down a member, she'll join team Kakashi as a genin" She handed Kakashi a leaf headband.

Kakashi accepted the headband, bowed and left.

When he reached me and Tenzo, he gave me the headband "Tomorrow 6 a.m. at the training grounds. Oh and no breakfast." And just like that, he was gone.

Pretty soon Tenzo decided to leave as well and I figured that I should either be extra early or I should find a place to sleep. Probably a nice tree or something since I don't exactly have a place to stay.

I ended up in an abandoned part of the village. Soon I realized it was the place where the Uchiha clan used to live.

I wandered around the place and suddenly I felt a spark. I decided to use my powers to summon the spirits of the Uchiha clan. I can only summon people who I'm somehow related to so I shouldn't have a problem with this.

I figured that out a few years ago when something traumatic happened and I developed the mangekyō sharingan. I then searched for information on it. I didn't find much, but I did find out that I'm an Uchiha.

I managed to summon about 10-20 souls including Fugaku Uchiha.

After a little while of talking, I decided to ask the burning question in my head.

"Ummm... Fugaku?" I turned to Fugaku because in that short time I managed to get the closest with him out of all of the Uchihas.

"Yes, (y/n)?"

"What happened to this place? What happened to all of you?"

His expression saddened a little. "It was my son Itachi and some other guy who we don't know..."

"I'm sorry to hear that, but do you know why he would do something like this?"

"I do. He told me and my wife before he killed us... If he hadn't done what he did, we'd all be dead..."

"What do you mean?"

"He killed us so his little brother Sasuke would live. If he hadn't... The hidden leaf would've killed him as well..."

"Why would they want to do something like that?"

"Because they're a bunch of cowards! Because of our strengths and our sharingan, they saw as a threat. Thus wanting to eliminate all of us. Those bastards!"

"I see..." was all I could say after that. I was so overflown with anger. There was silence for a few minutes, but then I started feeling very tired. Keeping the dead on earth can take a lot out of someone.

"Hey guys, I'm sorry, but I can't hold you here for much longer."

"We understand, but... Promise me one thing... Bring both of my boys back home safely."

"I promise"

And with that, they all slowly faded away.

"Don't worry about it Fugaku. I will bring them back no matter what. Even if it costs me my life."

When I make a promise you know that I will keep it because I never break a promise. It's just not who I am.

I sighed "Does this mean I can't even trust Kakashi and his team that by the way, I haven't even met yet."

"I can't let down my guard no matter what!"

After taking a small much-needed rest I decided to train all night because I had to get stronger. Who knows if they'll turn their backs on me as well at some point. It's definitely not impossible.

When morning came and it was almost 6 a.m. already I hesitantly went to the Hokage's office to talk to lady Tsunade.

I'm usually not the kind of girl who likes being late, but in this case, it's definitely acceptable.

When I was let into the office I started off "I know that I'm not in any position to make requests, but... But there is one thing I need to request either way."

The Hokage seemed genuinely interested "Oh, and what's that supposed to be?"

"Please give our team every mission connected with  Orochimaru and the Akatsuki?"

"And why exactly should I do that?"

"Because once I met Sasuke, and he helped me... And I want to help him."

"How do you plan on doing that? Don't you know that all he cares about is revenge?"

"Yes, and that's why I want to end Itachi myself."

"Very well then, but first you'll have to prove to me that you're up for the task."

Tsunade started looking through some papers and then held one out to me. "This is going to be your first step at doing so. You and team Kakashi will go on this mission and your request depends on how well you do."

"Thank you lady Hokage! You will not be disappointed."

"You better hope you're right about that."