The Impossible Challenge

For the second time in one day I managed to wake up in an unfamiliar place, but this time I wasn't alone. The guy I saved a while back was sitting on a chair beside me.

He noticed that I had woken up almost immediately. Before he could say anything I started to stand up, but he stopped me. ''You should rest a little more after what you went through. Just wait here and I'll get the doctor,'' said the stranger.

I partially listened to him. I didn't get out of bed, but I did sit up. I noticed that instead of my usual clothes I was wearing a white hospital gown.

Pretty soon the stranger came back and with a few other people. A lady with blonde hair wearing a white coat, probably the doctor, a girl with long black hair and red eyes, a guy in a green jumpsuit, vest and a bowl cut and a guy with grey hair and a mask? Why was he wearing a mask?

''You know miss if it weren't for Asuma and his team, you could've died back there'' the assumed doctor told me. ''What's your name?'' she continued.

''I'm (y/n)... Senju... Where am I?'' I said a little hesitant to say my name because I've got many names and since I am a relative of a few Senjus, but they're all dead, except for one person who I didn't know.

They all looked at me with shocked faces.

After a little while, the doctor said ''That's impossible, I'm the only Senju left.''

Asuma then tried to convince me ''Ummm (y/n), lying won't get you anywhere right now. You should tell the truth or otherwise, you're in a very bad situation.''

I understood what he was trying to say and I know that he truly meant it but ''Saying that I'm not a Senju would be lying. Thanks for the advice, I really do appreciate it, but I am telling the truth."

"Fine, if you really are a Senju you should be able to use wood style. Show me."

"I... I can't do that."

"So you admit that you were lying?"

"No. I can't do that because I don't know how, but if you showed me then maybe I could."

She thought for a second and then blurted out "Fine. If that's so then..." She started looking around and named the first person she saw "Kakashi Hatake will teach you. You have until this time tomorrow."

The masked man looked shocked at what she said, leaving right after. I'm guessing he's the guy she was talking about. Little did I know that that lady gave me an impossible challenge.

I stood up and walked straight to the masked man."What are you waiting for? Let's get going and start already. There's not much time so I'd like to get the most out of it. At least if it's okay with you, if not I understand." Saying all that with a warm smile on my face surprising everyone left in the room.

"Sure, why not? Let's go." the masked man finally spoke, seemingly amused and started leaving.

My smile grew wider and I started following him. When we were almost outside I realized that I was still wearing the hospital gown. "Ummm, Kakashi?"

"Hmmm?"

"I don't really have any clothes..." I admitted embarrassed.

"Then why don't you quickly buy some?"

"Because... Because I ummm don't really have any... Money..."

He sighed "How about this, I'll buy them for you."

"What? Really? Why?"

"Consider it as a thank you for saving my friend Asuma back there." He gave me a closed-eyed smile, which was barely noticeable because of the mask.

A little bit of time went by and I had a normal set of clothes on (whatever you want it to be).

We went into a more secluded area and there was someone else already there waiting for us. A guy with brown hair and his face was surrounded by a metal plate.

Kakashi acknowledged the guy in front of us "Tenzo, great you could make it."

"Of course Kakashi senpai, anything for you."

"Did you bring it?"

"Yes, here you go." Tenzo said while handing Kakashi a small piece of paper.

"Ah great."

Kakashi took the piece of paper from Tenzo and turned to me. "Before we get started with the training let's first see if there's any point in even trying."

"What do you mean?" I questioned the masked man.

He held the piece of paper up "Most people have chakra that has an affinity to one of the five elements called nature transformations. We'll use this thing, chakra paper, to find out what affinity you have."

"The five elements? You mean like fire, wind, lightning, earth and water."

"Exactly. The paper will react differently to each element. For fire, the paper will catch on fire and turn into ash. Wind - the paper will split in half. Lighting - the paper will wrinkle. Earth - the paper will turn to dirt and crumble away. And finally water - the paper will become damp."

"And to use this wood style I need to get both water and earth right now to do this."

"I see you're a quick learner (y/n). You're right. It is possible to learn a new kind of nature transformation, but not in such a small amount of time."

"In other words, if I don't get those two..."

"You're screwed," Kakashi said bluntly, seemingly without a care in the world.

I sighed "Let's get it over with." And with that, I took the piece of paper from his hand.

It immediately cut into four, then each of the pieces ended up differently. Both Tenzo and Kakashi looked shocked.

"This can't be possible senpai! No one has ever been able to obtain all the elements before let alone right from the beginning."

"This is extraordinary! We might actually be able to do it."

I got so excited after hearing that last part "Excellent! Then let's get to it!"