05. The Four Letter Lie

"Dude, where are you taking me?" I asked as he pulled me along towards the building in between the whole campus.

"To the Head Quarters."

"What Head Quarters?"

"We're at the X-Quadrant."

I feigned a gasp. "'The' X-Quadrant?" I said sarcastically. "The one I've heard so much about?"

"You have?" Stallion sounded surprised.

"No, I have not! You've told me absolutely nothing about this- this- whatever it is! I don't even know why those people in black are after me! And what do you mean when you say that you are my pr- Whoa!! Big X!! Big X!!!" I yelled and we came to a skidding stop right before the big X shaped structure that was right in the middle of the big building, pretty much holding it up.

A very familiar lady walked up to us. She was dressed in, well, the best way to describe the colour would be, dirt. She was wearing a dirt coloured dress with salmon coloured ducks on it. She wore a strange pair of earrings, one was a pink stud and the second was a dirt coloured insect carcass. "OMG, hi! I finally get to see you again, Kail-"

'Stallion' sent the very familiar lady a look as if warning her.

"Lisaa!" she yelled her amendment loud enough to make me jump.

"Oh, no! I'm so, sorry! Did I startle you? I d, I didn't mean to startle you." she turned and looked away, ninety degrees. "I really hope I didn't startle you."

I stared at her.

"She's embarrassed..." Stallion said as he rubbed the back of his neck seemingly embarrassed by her behaviour himself, he looked so cute. I smiled at him unconsciously.

"Ohemgee!" The lady's voice broke through my haze, squealing her exclamation for longer than neccessary. "You two are so cute together!"

I felt myself blush a bit so I looked down as Stallion cleared his throat.

"Oh, did I make this awkward? I'm so sorry! I assumed you two were already having intercourse."

I choked on plain air, hacking and coughing.

Stallion looked at her blankly, like he'd suddenly forgotten how to comprehend English.

"Well, if you want a room, we could totally-"

I cut her off, "No! No! No, no, no, no, no!" I said.

Stallion and that lady looked at me.

I supposed that was pretty rude, so I corrected myself by saying. "I, I mean, thanks, but, no thanks."

She looked at Stallion then looked at me, smiling, she winked. "Oh, I get it, you want to keep it a secret!" she nodded like she understood very well. "I'll help!"

"No, that's not-" I began, but Stallion cut me off.

"Thank you," He gave her a two finger salute and caught me by the forearm. "Now if you'll excuse us..." He walked me to the staircase. "I'll show her around."

"Right, okay. Oh! Don't forget to use pro-" she hesitated then said. "Protective shields!" she yelled as she waved.

She returned to her clipboard oblivious to the funny looks everyone in the lobby were giving her.

Stallion walked me up the stairways, to the next floor.

"Where are we going?" I asked,

Stallion looked up and down the corridor.

"Dude-" I wasn't able to finish; he pushed me into a tiny little cloak room, just as he saw a foot about to round the corner with several voices talking to each other

"What are you doing?" I struggled for breathing space.

"I decided to pick the closest room I could find. I hope you don't mind."

"What?!" I wriggled when his hands rested at my hips.

He pressed his lips against my ear. "Stop struggling." He instructed in that smooth voice of his and quite against my will by body did as he told it to. "It's alright, I don't bite." He said pulling back and looking into my eyes. "Much." He smirked. "You know, unless you want me to."

I tried shoving him away but I couldn't. "I don't! I so don't!" My cheeks burned a bright tomato colour.

"Funny, I hear your mouth say no." he whispered, brushing his lips against mine, sending electrifying shivers down my body. "But I hear your body," He paused, dropped his hand to my knee and ran it halfway up my thigh, edging slightly under my skirt making me flush further. "Screaming yes."

I tried to push him away, again. But I couldn't, again. He grinned at me.

That rat! He's playing with me!

"Look, buddy, whatever your name is... I would highly appreciate it if you would stop using your crappy stupid-ass techniques to try and seduce me or whatever because it's making me very uncomfortable..."

"And turned on..."

"And turned on," I absently repeated then frowned. "Wa- wait, no!"

He grinned, "Admit it, you like me better than your fiancé..."

I chuckled. And that threw him off his game. "Like you more than..." I trailed off into more laughter.

"What? You don't think it's possible?"

"No..."

"Why not?"

"Because," I paused to wipe a fake tear that was supposedly rolling down my cheek. I pushed him away and walked out of the closet, him following me. "As much as I hate that he's my fiancé, he's been my best friend since... Forever... You can't possibly beat him."

"Why not?" He repeated.

"Because if I liked anyone more than I liked Reed then that would be classified as Schizophrenia."

"Schizophrenia? Why would you say that?"

"Because love doesn't exist... If I like someone more than Reed, it's got to be love and since love doesn't exist, I would be feeling things that aren't really there. Hence, Schizophrenia." I explained.