02. Liars, Cheaters and... Waiters?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . x Stallion's Pov x . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"I want to dance!" Laine whined as she clung to my arm, her red nails practically piercing through my coat sleeve.

My eyebrows furrowed in irritation but I didn't react.

"Adrian, baby," my eyebrows furrowed as she tugged at my sleeve, "I want to dance." she whined.

I could smell the hair spray she had put in her big updo and I had a sudden vision of her falling off a cliff with her hair on fire. It made me feel a little bit better.

"Look, Laine, I told you already, I'm really tired today. I do not want to dance." I think she pouted at me, but I couldn't tell, what with the multiple layers of make-up she had applied.

I didn't have any problem with make up. But she seemed to have had one because the way she's smeared her face with it, I felt that if I she added another layer she'd probably fall over.

"But, I wanna-"

"I don't care, okay? Stop whining, you're giving me a headache."

"But-"

"Listen Laine, I know your dad thinks you and I could work out, but that is crazy talk. I don't even like you, I've tried telling you that before as nicely as I can but either you are too stupid to understand or you do not want to. I don't want to see you again!"

I stormed out of the hall. I knew that in my moment of rage, I berated her in public; I humiliated her. And it was probably a little too much. I was feeling a bit guilty.

But it didn't really matter, I was still upset, after hearing what was going to happen next at the party. I felt as though the bottem of my stomach had dropped by a thousand feet

Plus I'd been trying to put Laine down easy for almost a year now but she just doesn't get it! I argued, trying to justify myself to my conscience. I could have been a gentleman about it, she'll hate me now. But hey, I didn't want her to like me in the first place. What I did, to say the least, had to be done.

I walked around out front of the restaurant, and then I stopped.

There she was, the girl I'd been waiting to see, she was crouching down hiding behind the bushes, god alone knows what she was doing there.

She looked lost, kneeling on the pavement looking over a row of bushes at boy standing at the entrance of the outdoor restaurant talking on the phone, she had a phone in her hand too.

She snapped out of her daze and said a few words into the receiver and ended the call. Over by the entrance the boy shut his cell, put on his best game face and walked over to the table where Laine Masterson was just taking a seat. Oh that poor guy.

Kaileigh on the footpath turned, rested her back against the pillar. Her head dropped into her hands and her shoulders shook with each sob. Heartbreak.

That's the only explanation for what could have a girl, looking all pretty in a blue evening dress, sitting on the road in the most unsophisticated manner and not give a damn about it.

I wanted to comfort her so I took the rational course of action.

The waiters in this restaurant have to wear masquerade masks as a part of the theme.

I grabbed a mask that a waiter had put down on a service table before he headed into the toilet, and put it on. Trying my best at an accent, I approached her.