06. Haggling For Pasta

I was in the shower, singing along with any song that shuffled onto my iPod. I was having a good time, the warm relaxing water, the steam, the fresh smell of clean fragrant skin and the feel of silky, conditioned hair.

I was enjoying pampering myself when the door opened and a puff of cold air brought me out of my reverie.

"Whathell- Who's there? Go away!"

"Yuh leff da dou unwocked." He was talking with his mouth full.

"Did not!"

"Viv foo!"

"Did not!"

"Viv foo!"

"Did not!"

I heard him swallow his mouthful, "Look, Crème Biscuit, anyway after we get married I'll see you naked a million times a day, so-"

"Get out!" I yelled, grabbing the first thing at hand and chucking it at him.

He laughed. "Ow, that hurt so bad..."

"Get the hell out!!"

"Sure, but I'm taking this towel with me..."

"What? Shit! No! Reed!"

The door closed.

"You bloody pest! Just wait till I get my hands on you! I'll squeeze so hard you won't have a neck anymore!"

"You try that, hon'..." he muttered from the other side.

I sighed, it hasn't been three hours since I settled in with him and I already regret moving into an apartment with him.

***

The day before, when I was leaving for the coffee shop I met that Stallion guy at, Reed caught a hold of me on my way out and started going on about finding an apartment because he found the dorms and dorm cleaners incompetent.

"So what do you think?" he asked.

"Do what you want Reed," I said while digging through my bag for my keys.

"Tell me!" he half whined.

"Tell you what?" I asked looking at him frustrated, I couldn't find my keys. I wondered why I fill my purse up so much, I never really need half these things.

"Tell me what you think about the idea!" he yelled, asking for around the third time.

"I think it sucks."

"Why?"

"Because, staying alone with you would be a pain." I snapped, lowering my bag onto the bonnet of my car. I dug through it for my keys.

"Obviously, you won't able to control yourself around me, but it's okay, we're going to get married, so, we can fool around a bit. Don't worry about that."

I looked at him, like he'd grown two heads, what an idiot. I scrunched up my face, my eyes tiny slits, put two fingers to my temple and attempted to blow his head up, Sheldon Cooper style.

"Stop that," he smacked my hand away but still smiled. "Look, I'll cook. I will clean any mess I make and I'll pay 55% of the rent."

That wasn't a bad deal, I considered it, still digging through my purse. Plus, his cooking is, to-die-for.

"Think about it, soft bed, non-smelly rooms, warm water, personal bathrooms. A hot hunk of a personal slave who makes a mean breakfast smoothie. Com on, Kay."

A smile made it's way onto my face, that sounded like a dream come true, after living in the posh manor I had, college dorms didn't agree with me from the start. But the fun made it bearable. And with our allowance, we could afford it and save up for a party day.