Silver /3/

Age 14

Awsten decides to bring Y/N band practice.

-

"Dad, remind me why I have to go with you?" Y/N whined.

"Because I said so," Her father mimicked her whines.

Awsten had a very busy schedule, there are days he'd be out the whole day practicing and making new music for his band. He simply had no time for Y/N. He really wanted to spend time with his daughter. Awsten kinda wished his daughter never grew up. He thought it would be nice to bring her along. Besides, he knew she wanted to spend more time with her favorite uncles.

"Don't worry we are almost there," Awsten said.

"I wasn't saying anything," Y/N sassed.

She honestly did want to tag along, but these days her no secretly meant yes. She really did want to spend more time with everyone but everyone seems too busy to care. Y/N did not want to just sit on a couch and listen, no she wanted to do something.

"So... I heard you did well in your music class -song making is that right?" He said starting a conversation.

"I guess so."

Y/N's POV

We arrived at the recording studio. I could tell Jawn and Travis were here too, seeing their cars parked in the lot. I helped dad bring down his equipment and went inside. Everyone was there, it was like a party but in reality, they were just working.

"Hey! I brought Y/N this time, " dad announced.

"Y/N!' Jawn tackled me with a hug.

Jawn and I performed our special handshake. Travis welcomed me and we began conversing. We talked about books, as usual, Travis told me he was currently writing a new book. Of course the part I hated the most was here, sitting on the couch. I didn't want to disturb them. They all looked so busy it kinda made me sad. I admit though I enjoyed their process I really wished they pay a little more attention to me. I really just felt out, almost as if I was just their extra baggage. But against all that I choose to keep this all to myself.

Otto had noticed, he went over to me.

"Are you bored?"

"A little bit,"

Otto understood then pulled me over to his drums. He gave me a grin and started playing around with beats. I listened, he was pretty good at it.

"Okay... you try," Otto hands over the sticks.

I hit the drums and that seemed to get the interest of the other guys.

"Wait hold up!" Geoff starts.

He grabs his guitar. I get off the drums and go to Geoff. He hands me the guitar.

"Your dad had been telling us about your music project in school... we were wondering if you could play it."

Maybe I could, maybe I couldn't. I did it anyway without warning I sang my song. The three boys had stars in their eyes and Jawn and Travis were impressed. Travis looked like he had been taking note of the words and that took me back. On the other hand, dad was smiling way too hard and this only motivated me more. As I was singing I thought of something. I thought of the fact I was only keeping them from working. I think they didn't do actual progress and that gave me a jolt. I suddenly stopped.

"Y/N what wrong?" He could sense my distress.

I placed the guitar down and stayed in the restroom. I felt like tearing up so I did that. For some reason, I really felt bad about it. I knew a lot of things but not my emotions. There were three knocks, I immediately recognize them.

"Hey... it's me,"

I opened the door and there he was, my dad.

"Can I come in?" He opened the door slightly only his colored hair was sticking out.

I nodded so he came in. He sat on the floor as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Is there something wrong?" He said almost like a whisper.

"I -uh... I feel like I'm just bothering you guys,"

"What makes you think that?"

"Just a feeling..." I could tell he felt sad, I didn't mean to make him sad.

There was an awkward silence, so awkward, in fact, I froze in place. He brushed my hair, we didn't say much but that was enough.

"Tell you what, we'll have a week off," He gets up and extend his arm pulling me up.

"Are you sure? You'd do that just for me?" I said quietly,

"Of course I can! I'm your dad and I have the obligation to do that dingus." He chuckled.

We got out of the restroom. The guys were waiting outside with a box of pizza. For a bit of comic relief, Geoff joked on how girls have so much drama, I don't blame him for that. Dad really went his way for me. While the rest of the guys and I were eating he went back to his guitar and started to play a riff. I had a smile on my face, it was my favorite song.

"I'll be the silver lining around your fence

You use to protect yourself from all the world,

And its sharp teeth,

Because my open hand and heart think you belong with me... "