Chapter 35

"Um hey," I greeted, giving a faint smile to Stefan.

Stefans eyes looked me up and down before spotting the little stain of blood on my shirt. "You're a vampire now? I can tell, you know, got some blood on your shirt." He quickly said, shoving his hands in his pockets.

I glanced at the ground before looking up and slowly nodding.

"Yes, and I understand that that bothers you..." I continued, clearly this was awkward. Will our relationship work if I'm a vampire, does he only like humans? These last few days have been quite hard for us two.

"No it's not that i-" but i cut him off, "-No don't do that, tell me the truth." I snapped, taking another step towards him.

Stefan sighed loudly, clearly he had something to say and he needed to hurry the pace up.

"It's about you and Elena, I think I have feelings for her again." He whispered, not daring to look me in the eye. I knew it was too good to be true, the innocent, caring, sweet-loving Stefan could never pick me the 'bitch' over the melting with care Elena.

I took deep breathes attempting to calm my anger down.

"Ok, I understand." I faintly said, I felt the need to cry but nothing fell from my eyes. He looked surprised, probably because I didn't, well, punch him again.

"That's all you have to say?" He questioned, squinting, slightly angered i didn't fight for him. I nodded, then re-thought and shook my head.

"Just one question?" I asked, tucking a knotty strand of hair behind my ear nervously. Stefan nodded, his lips turning into a slight smile.

"Who do you love more?"

I asked. Truly I hoped he said me, but I could not do anything if he picked Elena. If he did then there would be no 'us'. No cuddling on the couch near the fire, or the way he always picked me up flowers when we went on dates.

But I had to accept what decision he was going to make... Either that or snap his neck. I hate this, I want to be sad but I'm not. Gosh is my humanity off or something?

My anticipation started getting to me, and he just stood there taking quick breathes. It was as if I already knew whose name he was going to say...

"I love Elena more."

Ding ding ding, I think we have a winner. I need to get out of here, asap.

"Fu*k!" I screamed, before sprinting to the lamp and throwing it across the room. Stefan followed and grabbed my arm, "Mackenzie, stop!"

I roughly tugged my arm from his grip, "Stop, just le-let me go! You'll always choose Elena and I have to accept that, I'll always be the rebound, the twin who reminds you of her. But now, now that i am a vampire, I don't remind you of her. And you know why? Because I'm not a human. And don't try to fight it, because I am done being the rebound. Please just give me some time to cool down!" I screamed leaving him stunned as I stomped out of the house.

I need to get my mind off of this, off of him. Pulling out my phone i looked at the clock, 4:19. The sun would be rising soon so I had to get inside. Sighing I sped all the way from the Salvatores to our home.

Standing before the door i could not get myself to open it. This was Jenna's home, and now she's gone, dead. After a few minutes i finally got the door open, but there was a problem. My foot could not get through it. As much as I budged the barrier left me outside.

"Damn it!" I screamed. I heard shuffling and Elena ran down the steps, a bag in her hand. She stood in front of me confused before lightly laughing, "Oh come in, Kenz." She invited. Slowly I took a step, and my foot was in the house. She looked like she was leaving?