Chapitre 12

Ann wasn’t surprise when she didn’t find Dennis in bed with her the next morning. Tomorrow they will fly back to Thailand and everything will be back the same. She knew last night was another mistake because now she was falling too deep for him.

Late morning she heard a knock at her door. It was the clerk. He informed her of Dennis’s message. Dennis had arranged the driver to take Ann to meet him. Ann was half nervous and excited at the same time. She didn’t know what Dennis was up to.

Dennis was in Tiffany staring at the three rings setting on the counter in front of him. He had all three custom designed and was very please with each set. After last night it made him realized that he could not live without Ann and wanted her to be his. She has a ring, but it was not his. He wanted to give her a ring that he designed.

“They are all beautiful.” The clerk said. “Your lady is a very lucky woman Mr. O’Neil.” Dennis smiled. “When will she be here?”

“She should be here soon.”

“Dennis?” A female voice said from behind. Both Dennis and the clerk turned to her. It was Vicky. She quickly rushed over and hugged him. “What a surprise!”

“Oh, you must be the lucky woman!” The clerk said with a bright smile.

Dennis was half annoyed and Vicky didn’t give him a chance to say anything or make any correction to the clerk that Vicky was not the woman.

At the mean time, the drive dropped off Ann and said Dennis would be at Tiffany & Co. She could see Dennis through the glass window with his back toward her. She smiled and walked toward the entrance, but stopped after noticing he was not alone. Vicky!

Her heart dropped when she saw her picked out what appeared to be a ring. Has Dennis asked her to come here to ask for a divorce so he can marry Vicky? Why? Tears forming in her eyes and she became confused and hurt. Her knees weaken and she stared at the happy couple in front of her.

With tears streaming down her cheeks, she covered her mouth with her hand as she backed out of the store. She bumped into a customer and that was when Dennis turned and caught her eyes. Ann kept on backing up and out of the store. She quickly walked toward the car and got in.

Vicky was satisfied with what was happening. She knew she was losing Dennis, but was glad it ended this way.

“I’ll take this one.” Dennis quickly said. “Have this send to me.” He turned to Vicky and gave her a cold stare. “And she is not the one.” He said sharply. “She will never be the one.” He stormed off and out of the store.

“Dennis!” Vicky called after him.

By the time Dennis got to the parking lot, Ann was already gone. His phone ring when he got in his car.

“Yes?” He answered. “I can’t do this now. Fine!” He hung up and made a U turn. Ann will have to wait.

Seeing Dennis with Vicky was enough to break her. She had fought to have him by her side, fought to change his mind about her and yet it was not enough have his heart. She’s tired and couldn’t take this painful marriage any longer.