Chapitre 10

In a way, Ann was excited for her trip to the state with Dennis. She felt like a school girl having a crush on a popular school boy. She couldn’t stop grinning as she finished packing up her things. She had decided to take this trip as her opportunity for Dennis to get to know her. She knew it would be hard, but she was willing to try.

“Khun Ann kha, Khun Dennis called.” Maruree said from the door. Ann turned to her with a smile. “Err…he said to meet him at the airport.” Ann frowned, half disappointed. “The cap is here to take you.” Ann nodded.

Maruree helped Ann brought down her things. Ann said her good-bye and get in the taxi cap.

The taxi parked in front of the terminal for Ann to get off. A ticket in one hand, dragging her suitcase with the other Ann walked in the building looking for her gate to check in. Before she reached her gate, she ran into Pete.

“Surprise to see you here.” He smiled warmly.

“Me, too.” She smiled. She thought Pete was very handsome in his business suite.

“Where are you going?”

“To the state, for business. What about you?”

“England and for business.” He smiled. There was a moment of silent. “How have you been?” He suddenly asked breaking the silent.

“Fine.” She smiled weakly feeling a little awkward.

“Traveling alone?”

“Of course not.” Dennis said as he made his way to them and stopped beside Ann. Pete rolled his eyes in annoyance. Dennis ignored him and turned to Ann with a smile. “Sorry to interrupted your sweet moment with your…” He paused as his eyes shifted to Pete. “With him,” Ann frowned. “As much as I like to miss this flight, but father will be disappointed if we do.”

Pete was a little irritated by Dennis’s behaviors, but he turned to Ann and smiled. “It was nice seeing you again. Have a save trip.”

“Y-You, too.” It was all Ann could get out as she watched Pete disappeared into the busy crowds.

“You can stop staring at him.” Ann turned to him with a scowl. “I know you are disappointed that it’s not him, but instead it’s me who’s on this trip with you.” He said dryly as he started to walk away. “You better get moving if you still want to make this flight.” He continued to walk without waiting for her.

Ann stood there angry. How can he think that of her? But at the same time, why was she so surprised? He is Dennis O’Neil after all. He doesn’t give a damn about anyone’s feeling. Calming down her rage, she followed him with her suitcase trail behind her.

They were on a business first class and Ann had to say it was one of the most comfortable flights she had ever been in.

As they were buckled down for the take off, Ann was still angry and irritated of Dennis’ attitude. He was sitting across from her, with his dark eyes pinning on hers. This time she refused to back down. She also cast a dark look at him.

“Welcome to United Airline.” Said the flight attendance smiling down at Dennis.

Ann shifted her gaze to the woman. She was young and pretty. Dennis cast her one of his charming smile and nodded.

“Enjoy your flight.” She said keeping her eyes locked with his for a brief moment before leaving.

Ann clearly sees the young woman was attracted to Dennis and without realizing it, she became very jealous. She sighed in annoyance and crossed her arms over her chest leaning back against her seat in irritation looking out the small window.

Dennis was amused and a grin tugged at his lips. He thought she was very adorable when she’s mad.

After the take off the flight attendance came by again. She stood by Ann giving Ann her back while she smiled down at Dennis.

“Would you like something to drink?” She asked leaning down toward him.

Dennis looked up with a charming smile. “No thank you. I am fine.”

“Are you sure? We’ve got first class wine.”

“It’s alright.”

The woman frowned. Before she could response a sudden shift of the plane causes her to stumble forward into Dennis’s lap. She took that opportunity and gave him a full view of her chest.

Ann stared at them wide eyes. Her brows knitted together into a scowl when Dennis glanced her way. She was annoyed and irritated with the woman.

“Oh, I am so sorry.” She purred as she slowly pulled herself away from him.

Ann cleared her throat. “Excuse me Miss,” The woman turned to Ann. “I like a glass of water when you’re done flirting with my husband.” Ann said sharply.

The woman stiffened in humiliation and was half surprised as if she didn’t know Ann was there.

Dennis brow arched. He was surprised at Ann’s remarks.

The woman quickly excused herself and came back with a bottle of water for Ann. She was too embarrassed to say anything as she walked back to her station.

A grin tugged at Dennis lips.

Ignoring Dennis, Ann took a drink. She grabbed the magazine and flip through it. All the while Dennis was still staring at her, grinning.

It was a long trip to the state and Ann was looking forward to a long, good night sleep before starting out the day. When they got to a hotel and check in, they ran into another problem. Ann could understand, but didn’t think Dennis would be happy.

“Is there anything else, Mr. O’Neil?” Asked the clerk at the front desk.

“No. Thank you.” Dennis said with a smile. Ann’s arched her bow.

The clerk called one of the workers. “He’ll show you to your suite. Enjoy your stay and let us know if you need anything, Mr. and Mrs. O’Neil.” The clerk smiled warmly at them.

At the same moment, Dennis’s cell phone rings. He took the call and waved his hand for Ann to continue on without him. Ann took one last glance at Dennis before continue on with the bellhop.

The suite they were staying was very big. The bellhop sat the suites case down and headed to the big bay window and opens the curtain. Ann scanned the room and thought it was a very nice suite.

The bellhop walked over to her with a bright smile. “Is there anything else you like?”

Ann shook her head and smiled. “No, thank you.” She handed him the tip.

“Enjoy your stay and let us know if you need anything.” He slightly nodded and walked off.

Ann walked over to the window and glanced at the view. It would be nice if this was a vacation and not a business trip. Even if this was a vacation, it would not be any difference. Her husband was not with her.

Ann tossed and turned in her sleep. She sat up on the bed and glanced at the clock, 2am. She sighed loudly and lay back down on the bed. She knew why she couldn’t sleep. It was because of Dennis. Her husband is gone and he may very well be in another woman’s bed. The thought of him with another woman was driving her crazy.

She jumped out of bed and paced around the room. ‘This is crazy, Ann. You shouldn’t think about him.’ She walked over to the bed and sat down. ‘Why should I care where he is? Obviously he doesn’t care about me.’ She sighed and decided to get some sleep, tomorrow was the meeting.