Chapitre 8

Dom stopped Ann before she can get inside the house. He was concerned for her well being and needs to know what was going on with his sister.

“Have he been treating you like this since your wedding?”

Instead of response to his question, she turned to him with tears in her eyes and smiled at him. “He’s right. Look,” She turned to look at the house. “I have a beautiful house to live in, I don’t have to do a darn thing, but I have all the money to spend and do whatever I want.” She suddenly shakes and could not hold back any more of her tears.

Dom frowned and wrapped his arms around her. She buried her face in his shoulder and sobbed loudly. He held her, trying to comfort her. He felt guilty for agreeing to have her married into the O’Neil family.

That night Ann cried herself to sleep. She was in so much pain and the image of Dennis with another woman pounding in her head. Even though she barely knew him, but a few time that she been with him seem like she knew him all her life. She couldn’t let him go, she was in too deep, and she loves him too much.

Ann stood in the balcony with her arms cross over her chest, staring out into the horizon. A lot had been in her mind and she had already concluded that she loves Dennis. But it was impossible to make her marriage work. She can clearly see that he has no interest in their marriage. What to do was the question. No matter how much she tried, she couldn’t let him go. She couldn’t bring herself up to just leave.

Maruree came in to inform her that Dom has arrived.

“Thank you.” Ann said. “I’ll be right now.”

Maruree nodded and left.

Today was the day her brother leave for the airport. Even he was there only a short moment with her, she felt warm and happy to have someone to lean on. When he’s gone, she knew it will be back to her lonely world.

Ann greeted Dom with a smile and hugged him.

“I wish you could stay longer.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to come with me?” He looked down at her. Ann frowned. “You don’t have to stay long and I’m sure father will be happy that you visit.”

“Maybe some other time.”

Dom was unhappy as he exhaled deeply. It was her choice and there was nothing he could do. He still felt guilty for everything that happened to Ann. Although, he made a phone call to Mr. O’Neil last night and he had reassured him that he will look after Ann, Dom cannot help but still think it was best for Ann to go back with him for awhile.

“I’ll come with you to the airport.” She said with a bright smile. Dom nodded.

~~~***

Mr. O’Neil was sitting at the dining room when Dennis arrived. Daniel was also there discussing business with his father. They both glanced at Dennis briefly as he took a seat across from Daniel. While Daniel finished up the conversation with Mr. O’Neil, the maid serves Dennis a cup of coffee.

“That was weeks ago when I told you I need to talk to you.” Mr. O’Neil said to Dennis.

“Sorry, father. I got caught up with some other stuff.”