Chapter Three

I look out the window of my BMW to see the trees swinging back and forth in the strong wind.

"When are you going to tell me the story?" Freddy asks, keeping his gaze fixed on the open road. "...We're on the way to see him, don't you think now is a good time?"

I sigh.

"It's so unbelievably complicated, Freddy..." I admit.

He rolls his eyes "that's bullshit mum...for once in my life can you give me a straight answer?"

I look down at my shaking fingers. I clasp my hands tightly together before moving my eyes to my boney knees.

"He's loved me since we were six years old" I admit as a tear escapes the corners of my eyes. "We were in all the same classes and joined at the hip for all of school...And for most of it, I didn't see Kyle like that"

There's a moment of silence.

"So when did it change?" He asks.

I think about the question, trying to pinpoint the exact moment.

I think it was Gemma's sister's wedding.

Two weeks before my sixteenth birthday when my friends and I attended Gemma's sister's wedding.

Kyle and I sat next to each other at the church, holding hands throughout the entire ceremony. He would tell me to stretch out my hand and he proceeded to swirl his pointer finger in circles in the centre of my palm.

Our eyes were fixed on each other while he held my hand. I couldn't help but giggle at the sensation of his rough-textured skin against my palm.

Kyle and I were seated next to each other at the reception. Out of the eight of my friends that sat with us, I was the youngest at fifteen. Kyle was only a few months older than me but always teased me for being the baby of the group once his birthday arrived.

When the music started, everyone at our table stood up to dance with their boyfriend's and girlfriends. I rolled my eyes out of jealousy and started to play with my dyed blond hair.

I could feel Kyle's eyes on me.

He smiled and asked, "do you want to dance?"

I slowly nodded and we stood up.

When we were about to start dancing, the song changed to 'Truly Madly Deeply' by Savage Garden.

It was a slow song so I placed my hands over Kyle's shoulders and he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me towards him.

"You're the prettiest girl in this room, you know that right?" Kyle smiled, looking deeply into my eyes.

I giggled, looking away in embarrassment.

"You're funny" I pressed my left hand against his chest.

"Its the truth" he admitted.

I met his gaze and my smile dropped.

It was that moment when I knew I felt the same way.

Through his eyes, I could see his love for me shining through the hues of green.

When the song finished we pulled away from each other and clapped. Kyle leaned over and gave me a kiss on the check.

My heart began beating in sync with his when our lips were only a couple of inches apart. The strong smell of aftershave filled my nostrils, making me crave his scent.

That's when we both leaned into a soft, gentle kiss. I become addicted to Kyle. Addicted to his kisses and the love he had for me.

And that's how we started dating.

It started as a dance between two friends and ended with a long-anticipated kiss.

"Well?" Freddy repeats, "why did it change?"

"We went to our friend's sister's wedding and spontaneously kissed on the dance floor" I admit, "and just like that, we were together"

"It was that simple?" He cocks a brow as pulling up to the gas station.

I laugh without humour "simple isn't a word that I would use to explain my relationship with Kyle"

Freddy and I jumped out of the car simultaneously.

"So how would you explain it?" He asks.

I hold my breath.

"Messy and deceitful"

He sighs. "You were the only one responsible for the mess and deceit"

I fall silent as he walks quickly into the gas station to pay.

God, he's right. That kid is always right, just like Kyle always was.

I filled the car up with gas while remembering the days Kyle used to drive me around in his dad's car.

"I don't think you're doing that right" I pointed at the gas pump.

"And how would you know?" Kyle cocked a brow.

"Trust me"

"Fine, show me how it's done" he let me take the pump from him.

"Fuck, is this thing supposed to be this heavy?" I cried out just as the gas pours out of the pump and spills all over the car and my clothes. "Fuck!" I jumped back.

Kyle laughed hysterically as taking the pump from me. He clapped his hands together mockingly "Great job, Lex, you did that like a real pro"

"Shut up" I rolled my eyes as looking down at my clothes, "I can never wear these clothes again, you know that right?"

I removed my jacket and flung it at his chest. He stood there smiling at me, not saying a word.

"What is it?" I raised a brow.

"I love you" he admitted.

I grin "I love you too, Kyle"

He took a step towards me, placing a hand on my chest as my body leaned against the car. Kyle began kissing me passionately, placing his hands under my graphic tee shirt. His cold hands gripped around my warm body sent chills down my spine.

I watch as Freddy exits the Gas Station and walks towards me. he's all grown up now, huh.

"Mum" He calls just as the gas spills down the pump, I jolt back, preventing it from staining my clothes. Freddy smirks, "c'mon, let's go"

-----------------------------

Hi all,

I hope you're all enjoying this book so far, I have officially finished high school with my last exam being four days ago. So now I'm going to be we dedicating my time to writing!

Let me know what you think of this book so far :)

Please VOTE

Thank you

Happy reading!