Chapter Four

In hindsight, I think while we were dating, Kyle changed me for the better.

I no longer smoked or did drugs or even drank as much as I used to. Hell, even my appearance began changing. I started to take pride in how I looked, making a effort to always look my best in order to please myself.

Everything about that time with Kyle gives me goosebumps thinking about.

I remember the long walks on the beach, the secret phone calls at three in the morning, the talks on park benches, the looking into each other's eyes and knowing that nothing could tear us apart.

Then it was all over.

It was around the five-week mark of our relationship when he told me the news. His dad got a job in Beverly Hills.

I remember finding it oddly cliche how he had to move away.

We sat on the park bench side by side and he had tears in his eyes. Kyle finally got what he wanted - me.

"I love you" he sniffed, looking deep in my eyes.

"I love you too" I brushed the back of my hand against his cheek.

But what do two sixteen-year-olds really know about love?

"We can make it work" Kyle tried convincing himself.

I still remember my heart beating quickly inside the chambers of my chest.

I had no idea what would happen next, or how his next actions would impact the rest of my life.

"What if you stay here with your cousins or something?" I suggested.

"I've tried, I can't" Kyle sobs, "I wish I could, Lexi" he hugs me.

"I love you so much" I held him tightly.

"We can make it work" he tried convincing himself.

"We can make it work" I agreed.

We couldn't make it work; I would soon realize that - oh but I'm getting ahead of the story.

He pulled away from our hug and kissed me passionately. At that moment I was afraid. Petrified of losing Kyle, my best friend, the love of my life. 

We made our way back to his dad's car - he had borrowed it for the afternoon. We slipped into my backseat and began to make out like we usually did when Kyle had the car.

Only this time we didn't just make out.

His hands were on my chest and mine were pulling down his pants. The sun began to set and the windows were tinted. No one was at the park to see.

Sixteen and stupid.

We weren't thinking about the consequences. Our minds were in the 'now' - how stupid and naive.

It was both our first times. We didn't know what we were doing. When it was over we laid back and sat in silence. Then we both laughed, pulling our clothes back on and climbing to the front seat.

The car ride home was quiet and awkward. He held my hand with one of his and drove with the other.

When he dropped me off at home, I kissed him goodnight. I walked up the driveway, looked over my shoulder then waved him goodbye.

"Where have you been?" Ross asked from the kitchen.

"With Kyle" I responded as walking up the staircase.

They didn't know that me and Kyle were dating. I wonder if things would be different if they did.

I laid awake all night in my bed thinking about Kyle and I. My first time was nothing like I had hoped it would be.

Was I wrong in thinking that sex was extravagant and losing your virginity was some life altering event?

It was less than a week later when Kyle came to see me. It was in the morning and both mum and Tom had already left for work.

I opened the door and saw him standing anxiously with his denim jacket hugging his small frame.

"Look, Lexi, that's not how I thought our first time would go" Kyle met my gaze, looking me deep in my eyes. "I mean, it's not like I was expecting our first time to have a dozen roses, a string quartet, flying doves and fireworks but I was expecting something...I don't know"

"Different?" I finished.

"Our expectations exceeded reality" he shrugs.

"When doesn't it?" I raise a brow.

Kyle nods.

"Re-do?" He suggests.

"Re-do" I agreed.

Kyle and I leaned into a kiss. He entered my house and we ran upstairs.

Whenever Kyle or I fucked up we requested a 're-do'. We erase the previous action or event and replaced the memory with a new one.

Within five minutes we were in my bedroom. He was kissing my neck and my chin, licking my body as though he were sealing an envelope. I ran my fingers through his thick hair then my hands were moving down his chest.

He held me afterwards, we looked up at the bedroom ceiling with stupid grins.

That second time was different.

It was passionate and emotional and right...Or so I thought at the time.

Nothing could go wrong, right?

"Mum," Freddy says slowly, bringing me back to the present. "Do you think he'll like me?"

I nod "he'll like you...more than he'll like me when he knows the truth..."

In fact, he'll hate me when he finds out the truth - that he got me pregnant before he left. that I've lied to him all this time and kept a son he never knew about away from him.

--------------------------------

Hi all,

Sorry about the long breaks in updating, I'm writing three books at a time and struggling a little to get updates out. I wrote this book years ago and I'm currently trying to rewrite it while still attempting to keep the essence of the original.

Please let me know your thoughts so far!!!

Please VOTE

Happy reading!!

- Rose xx

The One That Got Away ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara