Chapter 4. Guilt

UPDATE: 9-9-2013 CHECK THE FAQS PART OF THIS STORY AT THE END IF YOU'RE ASKING ABOUT THE COPYING THING AND SOME STUFF ABOUT BELLA :D

When I reached home, anger was still in me. But I was proud that I got to control it. I went inside and sat on the kitchen counter, still thinking about why Edward Cullen seemed to hate me so much. But, annoyance and anger filled me up when I thought about him. What was really wrong with that vampire?! I decided to try to cook, to distract my thoughts. I turned on the television and searched for the cooking channel. When I got the channel I wanted, I hurried to the kitchen to prepare the recipes. Good thing we had all the ingredients for steak and potatoes...

The food was quite a long process, but Lisa would be home for about an hour from now... I guess I have enough time. I kept my mind on the food, distracting myself from the thoughts about him. I wrapped the potatoes in foil and stuck them in the oven to bake, covered a steak in marinade and balanced it on top of a carton of eggs in the fridge. When I finished with that, I went to my room to check my e-mail. It feels kind of weird for a vampire to have an e-mail but it's a way to seem normal to people...

I checked my e-mail for the first time and saw that I had 2 messages.

"Bella," Aunt Katrina wrote...

How are you two doing? How was your flight? Are you coping with the new environment? How was your school and Lisa's work? Did you make friends? Have you eaten? Tell me everything! I miss the two of you already. Well, take good care with each other... Jason says hi. Love you two!
       -Mom

The other message was, this noon, 4 hours after the previous one.

Isabella and Clarissa. Why haven't you replied yet? I'm getting worried you know.

I sighed and started to write back to her. She obviously sent me and Lisa the same message at the same time. Lisa's not going to like the 2nd message. She doesn't like being called by her full name. Aunt Katrina's so filled with worry, she probably forgot we were vampires and we could take care of ourselves...

Hey Aunt Katrina. Everything's fine. Well, this morning, when I woke up, I had a glimpse of my past... But it wasn't so clear. It was kind of sad though... So, I'm not quite ready to tell you everything about it yet...

Anyway, school was good. I made some new friends who sit by me in lunch. I'm cooking dinner now but Lisa cooked breakfast this morning. We learned how to cook with the cooking channel. Lisa isn't back yet. But she will be in about 15 minutes. So I better get the food ready. I miss you too! But please don't worry about us. We're vampires, remember? Just chill and enjoy your time with Jason. We love you!  I'll try to write again soon. Say hi from me to Jason too. Oh, and please send my thanks to him for everything.
      Bella

I sent her that then went to do my homework. Then, after a few minutes, I heard Lisa's car and went down.

"Hey!" she greeted me, when she opened the door."Wow, you're cooking...... Cooking channel?"

"Yup," I replied with a laugh, as I took the potatoes out and put the steak in to broil.

"Smells good," she praised before she ran up her room to get change in inhuman speed. She came down in seconds, but just nice as I put our food on the table.

We ate in silence for a few minutes. It was quite uncomfortable though. Lisa's usually filled with things to talk about. But I guess we were enjoying my first-time cooked food.

"So how was school? Have you made any friends?" she asked, suddenly. Well, too much for silence...

"It was good I guess. I made new friends who sit by me in lunch. Everybody seems pretty nice." With one outstanding exception.