Chapter 12. Tease

When I reached the hospital, I walked briskly and held my breath. Then I found Lisa, walking.  

“Hey, shouldn’t you be in sch – “  I cut her off by pulling her to the girl’s bathroom. I locked the door and breathed out, focusing on Lisa’s scent. Luckily we were alone. Lisa was looking at me weirdly, with her eyebrow raised and her eyes confused. She waited for me to say something. 

I sighed before saying, ”Blood typing in Biology class.” Her eyes suddenly opened wide. 

“What happened?” she asked, alarmed.

“No one got hurt, luckily. I hurried out of the school, before anything could happen,” I said, then stared at her eyes before saying, “They smelled so good. I wanted to kill them.” A tear dropped down to my cheeks. I didn’t like it, the feeling, or better yet to say, the urge, of wanting to kill someone.

“It’s not your fault. You have never been surrounded around human blood before. Of course you would feel like that. Relax, nothing happened. You’re fine; everyone’s fine,” she said in a soothing voice. I relaxed a little. Too little.

“How can you stand it? Every day, being surrounded of people – your food. “ I leaned on the bath room  sink. Lisa did the same, leaning beside me.

“Years and years of practice. And because I never wanted to kill anyone, and I don’t have that urge because ever since birth, I’ve been hunting animal blood. Also, remember, I’m still half-human.”

"Right. I forgot about that,” I said. She smiled.

“You know, if you can’t stand it, you can return back to Mom. She’ll help you,” Lisa suggested. I thought about that, but I didn’t want to leave. I still had so many things to say, admit, confess...to him.

“No, I guess I’m fine,” I told her. She suddenly stood up straight and looked at me, with a huge silly grin on her face. I just stared at her, confused.

“Is there a reason on why you don’t want to go home?” she teased. Crap, how did she know?

“W-what?” I laughed once, nervously. “No...of course not...there’s not...any  reasons...I don’t...want...to....” I stuttered, failing to find the right words. She just grinned at me, teasingly. I hadn’t realized I was backing away toward the door. I continued, ”I’m just going to...hunt, okay? Erm, sorry I bothered you...or something....” I have to escape, before she goes to anything. She pressed her lips together, trying to stop laughing, and nodded.

I turned away quickly and opened the door. I forgot that it was locked, so I accidentally forced it open with my vampire ability, breaking the lock. I turned around to look at Lisa. Her hand was over her mouth, but I could hear her laughing.

“I’m sorry... I was....” I was supposed to say I was in a hurry, but her teasing was kind of killing me, so I just told her, “Stop it.”

She tried to stop laughing, but there was still playfulness in her eyes. She smiled at me then. I just rolled my eyes and went out.

~Lisa~

“No, I guess I’m fine,” she said. I stood up straight and looked at her, grinning. Carter was right! Of course he was! I shouldn’t have doubted him. Carter had vampire ability – he knew what people feel towards others – something I didn’t tell Bella because she would know that we know who she had feelings for, and that would be awkward for her. Carter had told me, the night when he first met Bella, that she loved Edward Cullen.

I didn’t believe him because I know that Bella never wanted to fall in love, because of James....

“Is there a reason on why you don’t want to go home?” I asked, wondering if she would tell me the truth. If she didn’t say anything about Edward, it meant Carter was really right, I think....

“W-what?” She was stuttering, obviously lying, and she laughed nervously. “No...of course not...there’s not...any reasons...I don’t...want...to...” Okay, so Carter was definitely right. I continued grinning at her. One second she was all scared and frightened because of her sudden craving for human blood, and now she was all nervous and stuff.

She was the one who had always "lectured" me that having a mate was not a good thing, and here she was, stuttering a lie about her feelings. I found it a little funny. She, who never thought of love, was now in love. I wasn’t really in love with anybody yet, though I did like Carter, and he would probably know that already.

Bella was backing away towards the door, a little nervously. Gosh, what was wrong with her? It was fine to say the truth. Why did she have to lie?

"I’m just going to...hunt, okay? Erm, sorry I bothered you...or something....” She was obviously escaping. It was a little funny, so I almost wanted to laugh, which was weird, or maybe I was just excited or something. Oh no, here comes the laughter, but I pressed my lips together to stop it. I just nodded.

She turned away quickly, probably avoiding the questions I might ask her or something. She forced open the door, forgetting she locked it, and the lock broke. Her nervousness was making her clumsy. I almost laughed, but I clamped my hand over my mouth. Her clumsy moments cracked me up. They were rare, but they were funny to me. I laughed through my hand.

“I’m sorry... I was....” she trailed off. She was probably going to say in a hurry. Yeah, in a hurry to get out of the questions she thought I might ask her, but I guess I know enough. She continued to talk, but only said two words, “Stop it.” I tried to stop my laugh; I guess I passed. I just smiled. Then, she rolled her eyes and left.

I laughed a little, shook my head, and sighed. I started a conversation with Carter, using my ability. I searched for him. I had to be familiar with the person I wanted to "talk" to in order for my gift to work. Either by, eyes or scent. I memorised Carter’s eyes. They (or He) looked amazing. His blood-red eyes seemed to be perfect for him, but I wished I knew what he looked like with his human eyes – gray.

Carter? I called when I finally got him.

Yes? His voice was so...I lost my train of thought. I think I was in love with him after all.

Lisa? Are you still there?  I snapped back to the conversation.

What? Oh right. Sorry. I just wanted to say sorry. You were right. About Bella. Sorry I doubted you. He got kind of mad when I didn’t believe him when he told me. He left immediately after saying fine; he was a little sensitive. I thought he would hate me for not trusting him. But I guess – no, hope, that he did not.

Oh. I guess it’s alright. Phew. How did you know?

Um, I’ll tell you later.

Okay. I’ll meet you there.

Okay. I immediately agreed. Yes! He did not hate me. With that, I stopped our conversation. I checked my watch. I had been here for five minutes. I had to get back to work. I checked my schedule, and I was going to be with Dr. Carlisle Cullen...finally. In the weeks I’ve worked here, this would be the first time I was going to work with him. I could finally tell him.

I went to the door, but I stopped at the handle. I decided to leave the truth for Bella to tell Edward. So, I went out and went to work with Mr. Vampire Cullen. I just hoped Bella would have luck with getting Edward. She seemed a little lonely nowadays, so she probably really needed a mate, or was I just being unobservant?