Chapter 19. Surprise

All thanks to, no other than, CassandraLowery for the great editing!! Hope you enjoy reading!

*-Katrina-*

"Aunt Katrina?" I heard Bella exclaim before I felt her slender arms around me tightly. I had to laugh at her excitement. I hadn't even gotten the chance to look at her fully. "Oh my gosh, I missed you!"

I pulled away, seeing her bronze eyes gleaming in delight, her face tear-stained.  

"Oh, Bella. I missed you too," I responded sincerely before she wrapped her arms around me again. Something had indeed changed in Bella. It was like she was glowing. I've never seen so much happiness in her -- her eyes showed it all. And I knew my visiting her wasn't the main reason for that happiness. It was the gorgeous young boy with a charming smile on his face beside her who looked at my Bella so adoringly and lovingly.   

He suddenly looked at me and smiled sheepishly. I couldn't help but grin at him. "So, you must be the famous Edward Cullen?" I asked him as soon as Bella had released me but still held my hand.

"Yes, ma'am. It's a great pleasure to finally meet you," he replied politely as he shook my hand.

I liked him already. Not only was he the one who had brought happiness to Bella but he also seemed very decent and looked at her as though he would love her all his life. That was good. Bella had been in the dark far too long. His handsome appearance and good attitude were bonus points.  

Bella blushed as I looked at him with a smile, impressed. "Well, it's great to meet you too. I've heard so much about you."

"I could say the same, ma'am."

"Oh, call me Aunt Katrina, or just Katrina--whichever works," I beamed at him. He let out a light chuckle and nodded.

"Hey Uncle Jason!" I heard Bella greet my love behind me. He came nearer with a smile and hugged Bella for a second. He already treated her as a daughter, and I'm glad for that. He then turned to Edward, wide-eyed.

"Why, Mr. Cullen! I had no idea!" Jason said. At first I was confused, but then it clicked. After I told Jason about the three of us, he had informed me that he suspected that his clients, the Cullens, were vampires too. He would have confirmed that suspicion sooner if I had told him Edward's last name. Well, I kind of forgot about it anyway.

"Hello, Mr. Jenks. I didn't know it, either," Edward replied, equally shocked.

"Small world, huh?" I joked.

~*~

*-Edward-*

Saying Bella is happy was the biggest understatement of the year. I have never seen her like this before. Eyes glowing. Big genuine smiles. She looked good, better. For the first few months of our relationship, she had appeared very different. Her eyes were dull and sad, and guilt seemed to pierce her soul--the guilt of her Uncle Matthew's death. Fortunately, I seemed to make her happier, and I was proud of that.

Right now, I was watching her talk to her aunt, telling her how she had been. I just looked at her with only three words in my mind: She is mine. Sometimes, I still couldn't believe that someone as perfect as Bella was mine. I loved everything about her: her voice, her smile, her face...simply everything.

I was pulled out of my reverie when someone spoke in my mind. Of course I knew who it was. 

Edward? Lisa's voice echoed in my head. I liked her gift--so convenient. She was in the kitchen with Carter. 

Yes? 

I talked to Alice and told her your whereabouts. 

I rolled my eyes inwardly. Why? It wasn't as if they needed to know. They already knew I was always with Bella. 

She mightn't be able to see you and Bella which I was right about, by the way. She went all hysterical. Since Mom is a physical shield and you two are with her now, she's blocked from seeing you two.   

Oh, I see. Thanks, I guess. 

There's one more thing. 

My eyebrows furrowed. What else can there be? Yes? 

She said there would be a thunderstorm tonight. I smiled, knowing what was next. She wants to play baseball with all of us. 

All right, I'll tell Bella and your mom. Thank you. 

Okay. Thanks. 

Before Katrina could reply to whatever Bella said (Yes, I was busy admiring her instead of listening to what she was saying) and since I didn't think I would be able to speak, I cleared my throat and cut in, "Excuse me?"  

I continued when their attention was finally on me, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but my family would like to invite all of you to come and play baseball with us, if you'd like."  

Their eyes suddenly sparkled with excitement. Bella was first to speak.

" I would love to! It's been a while since we last played." I smirked at her face which looked like it was almost going to tear because of her huge grin. Katrina had the same smile when she nodded. Oh, she's so happy... My baby's growing up, and I don't need her gift to see that she is going to have a bright future ahead of her. I heard and smiled at her thoughts. All thanks to her and her loving motherly care for Bella, she had grown up to be an incredible person.

"Well, we should get going then," Lisa said with a grin as she came out of the kitchen with Carter on tow.

"Wait, vampires like baseball?" Jenks asked, confused. I almost forgot he knew about vampires. It felt...weird. I guess I just wasn't used to other humans knowing about us, especially Jenks whom we've worked with for a while now.

"Oh, 'our' baseball is very different," Katrina told him and we all laughed as he grew more confused. "You'll see why."

~*~ 

After gazillion of years, I finally updated... And worst, this is a crappy filler. :\ Sorry, I was in a rush... But no worries! Next Chapter is ON THE WAAAAAAAY!!!! XD 

Hope you guys like this though! Twist is ending pretty soon... More or less, 6 more chapters? (I have a thing for stories with total chapters of a multiple of 5... Is it counted as OCD? XD) 

OH! And December 6 is a VEEEERY special day... Why? HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TWILIGHT SAGA TWIST!!! It's been a great long year for me... :') Thank you for being here with me still!! I love you all!! :') xx

P.S, BREAKING DAWN WAS THE BOMB!! Wow!! Watched it twice and I can't get enough!! How about you? :) I should end my rambles here. XD